Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-27-2009, 09:03 PM   #31
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots R View Post
Where the hell do you work? New Jersey? I've never seen a "full serve only" gas station.

On another note, why can't you fill up your own gas in New Jersey?
Kevin there's at least 5 maybe 6 in our area.
Jim .E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:48 PM   #32
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Send a message via MSN to craigIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
I dont tip any more. Anyone. Because no one tips me.

**** you guys. You hear me? **** you.

The bartenders come into MY BAR AT THE BEER STORE. THEY COME TO MY BAR, they buy 10 cases of coors light, or corrona, or heinenken. 10 ****ing cases. I then go get the cases, and the assholes dont tip me.

BUT

BUT

BUT

HERES THE KICKER

Im suppose to tip because they took the beer cap off the 1 beer, out of the 24 I just carried to their car??AND Then charge me 6$ for it? IM SUPPOSE TO TIP THAT? WHY? **** YOU SOCIETY. I wont tip shit anymore.

**** YOU
**** YOU ALL.
HAHAHA thats true....i never thought of your job that way...... id be pretty furious too if i was you....and i saw ppl like me bitching in this thread!!

flickr
craigIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:38 PM   #33
davericher20
black and blue

This reminds me of one of the very first conversations in the movie "Reservoir Dogs"

Steve Buschemi didn't want to tip the waitress because "society tells you to?"
HIs argument was.....
Mcdonalds is a restaraunt, they get paid minimum wage, it's a hard job too but you don't tip them?
Why should I tip the wiatress?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:31 AM   #34
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
Hot waitress bad service = stare at her pretty bits for free
Hot waitress average service = stare at her pretty bits for free
Hot waitress good service = tip

Average waitress good service = tip
Average waitress average service = have a nice day

I don't really like tipping, not because I am a jerk more because I don't get tipped at my job now.

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 02:36 AM   #35
three28
2nd Gear Member

Quote:

The bartenders come into MY BAR AT THE BEER STORE. THEY COME TO MY BAR, they buy 10 cases of coors light, or corrona, or heinenken. 10 ****ing cases. I then go get the cases, and the assholes dont tip me.

BUT

BUT

BUT

HERES THE KICKER

Im suppose to tip because they took the beer cap off the 1 beer, out of the 24 I just carried to their car??AND Then charge me 6$ for it? IM SUPPOSE TO TIP THAT? WHY? **** YOU SOCIETY. I wont tip shit anymore.

**** YOU
**** YOU ALL.
ya those rollers make it a really rough time eh? I'm sure you make more than 7 bucks an hour too. I don't expect people to tip me when they have a beer, maybe restaurants should just add the tip into the bill so people stop bitchin about it. then you'd all have to tip 15 percent. hmmm...
three28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 02:37 AM   #36
three28
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davericher20 View Post
This reminds me of one of the very first conversations in the movie "Reservoir Dogs"

Steve Buschemi didn't want to tip the waitress because "society tells you to?"
HIs argument was.....
Mcdonalds is a restaraunt, they get paid minimum wage, it's a hard job too but you don't tip them?
Why should I tip the wiatress?
thats hilarious because i'm actually watching reservoir dogs for the first time right now while i'm typing this, weird shit. good scene though!
Old 01-28-2009, 04:02 PM   #37
Boots R
Boots, not boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim .E. View Post
Kevin there's at least 5 maybe 6 in our area.
I only know of the half self-serve / half full-serve gas stations. I've never seen one that is full serve only
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 05:39 PM   #38
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots R View Post
I only know of the half self-serve / half full-serve gas stations. I've never seen one that is full serve only
the one I go to on Laird (off elington) is full service ONLY .. its stupid .. thats why I brought up this thread

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:52 PM   #39
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by three28 View Post
ya those rollers make it a really rough time eh? I'm sure you make more than 7 bucks an hour too. I don't expect people to tip me when they have a beer, maybe restaurants should just add the tip into the bill so people stop bitchin about it. then you'd all have to tip 15 percent. hmmm...
Well I guess youve never been into a ware house. Do you really think the rollers that run from the cash registers, 5 feet behind the wall where you cant see them service the entire warehouse?

Is it some sort of complex mail room system where a mechanics arm grabs everything down and puts it onto the rollers? No its not like that at all. Granted some product is very close to the rollers, but alot of it isn't.

No, you gotta walk 20-30 meters to the back of the ware house, 20 times, because someone just ordered 20 cases- and the only PEOPLE who do that are bars- I really dont care about random people and what they order, they never order more then what 1 hand can usualy carry anyway.. Im not bitching about that, Im bitching bout bartenders.

Anyway I was just saying half sarcastically that I would never tip again, and that bartenders get way over tipped for what they do. You wouldn't tip a Mcdonalds worker, but you tip someone who would give u a beer. They make the same money per hour and service a hunger dont they lol?

Last edited by sirex; 01-28-2009 at 07:54 PM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:50 PM   #40
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Well I guess youve never been into a ware house. Do you really think the rollers that run from the cash registers, 5 feet behind the wall where you cant see them service the entire warehouse?

Is it some sort of complex mail room system where a mechanics arm grabs everything down and puts it onto the rollers? No its not like that at all. Granted some product is very close to the rollers, but alot of it isn't.

No, you gotta walk 20-30 meters to the back of the ware house, 20 times, because someone just ordered 20 cases- and the only PEOPLE who do that are bars- I really dont care about random people and what they order, they never order more then what 1 hand can usualy carry anyway.. Im not bitching about that, Im bitching bout bartenders.

Anyway I was just saying half sarcastically that I would never tip again, and that bartenders get way over tipped for what they do. You wouldn't tip a Mcdonalds worker, but you tip someone who would give u a beer. They make the same money per hour and service a hunger dont they lol?
When I ask for a case of Black Ice im sure its coming from the back somewhere collecting dust

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:30 PM   #41
Euro_7
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex

BUT

BUT

BUT

HERES THE KICKER

**** YOU
**** YOU ALL.

been bartending for about 7 years now and ive always been under the impression that people tip me because i give/offer them a really cool drink that they like, flair tricks/speed, or just for me to simply recognize the person next time they come back and i serve them pronto. I dont expect to get tipped for mopping, taking the trash bag out, doing my liquor count/inventory...

you shoud also ask your manager to buy some sort of trolly you can stack cases on and bring to the front. Thats what i do when i used to bar run and had to fill 245 bottles of beer.

Last edited by Euro_7; 01-28-2009 at 11:33 PM.
Euro_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 01:11 AM   #42
three28
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro_7 View Post
been bartending for about 7 years now and ive always been under the impression that people tip me because i give/offer them a really cool drink that they like, flair tricks/speed, or just for me to simply recognize the person next time they come back and i serve them pronto. I dont expect to get tipped for mopping, taking the trash bag out, doing my liquor count/inventory...

you shoud also ask your manager to buy some sort of trolly you can stack cases on and bring to the front. Thats what i do when i used to bar run and had to fill 245 bottles of beer.
where you bartend? I just started bartending in Toronto, I'm loving it! Everyone that comes in is super friendly and easy going and love to try new drinks.

As for sirex, time to start bartending buddy, seems you don't like the beer store too much. And we make a lower wage per hour than mcdonalds employees....
Old 01-29-2009, 01:48 AM   #43
Euro_7
3rd Gear Member

i used to work at muzik, worked a little in mexico, and am now working at a hall called Bellagio at jane & langstaff. I get a much better hourly wage than the other places and economic times = less tip. How about you three28?
Old 01-29-2009, 12:04 PM   #44
three28
2nd Gear Member

i'm at milestones on yonge and dundas, not as late as the bars and we get a pretty good crowd 5 nights of the week. Definately better than those good old 4am closes. Now the latest I'm out is 2am. Still a shitty wage but because of the times we're cutting back on labour so I pick up more business so all is good.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: