Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-26-2009, 12:45 PM   #31
hadesm5
6th Gear Member

when you're constantly surrounded by the word and phrases using the word, sooner or later its gonna come out of you. i dont blame the guy.

there's enough racism against black people, yet some of the young black generations just insist on ruining their image, attracting more racism
Old 01-26-2009, 01:46 PM   #32
ACS_DAN
16/F/Cali

Send a message via MSN to ACS_DAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
Youre absolutely right, I am generalizing ALOT about this kid. Why am I generalizing about this kid?

First: The whole story was NOT really given clearly and concisely from both parties.

Second: There is clearly a deeper history between student/teacher relation then we are led to believe.

Third: Everything is said, and happens for a reason.

Fourth: This kid is suppose to be an outstanding young man according to the news snippet. Showing off his awards, etc.

Where do I come up with my conclusion?

Here:

Everything happens, and is said for a reason. There is definately some history behind the word being used in the situation that it has been used in. Perhaps, and most probably, Im willing to bet that this teacher has most likely heard THIS particular kid, use the N word when PROBABLY talking to another friend.

Using the word nigga to another friend, loosely. Perhaps the teacher heard this comment. Perhaps the teacher COMMENTED on this, maybe a few weeks before the incident happened. ETC. Perhaps the kid decided that he would not learn from said incident and used the word when talking to his friend again.

And so that leads me to the conclusion that the teacher, in his infinite wisdom, decided to give the boy a taste of his own medicne and used the TERM NIGGA in a friendly tone. Which the boy then decided to turn it around and use it as a racial slur..

Is what Im saying true? No its not. We dont know the full story. HOWEVER, if you think about it, why would a teacher, that doesn't know his student, USE the term Nigga to a black person? Unless hes an utter racist? Clearly that cannot be the case, unless it was the first day of class and all the kids were new.

THEREFORE, Im in serious belief that there is HISTORY in this classroom, or this school, where these kids use the word nigga loosely. Now suddenly when anyone but their friend uses it, its time to call the Prinicpal and your parents to complain.

So that my friend is the BULLSHIT double standard that I am refering to.
This is my main point. There is not information being given by the report. I think this argument can go either way. One could take your approach and come to the conclusion that the N word was being thrown around by the student in the first place and the teacher used it in such a way.

But on the other side of the spectrum, one could come to the conclusion that the teacher really is a racist, He could have said the N word and meant it as a derogatory term, Got into his chevy pick-up which probably has the confederate flag displayed on a large portion of it. Went home Drank a few beers, Burned a couple crosses with the boys, watched Nascar. Around the 245th' lap Beat his wife, watched the rest of the race, drank a couple more beers went into the bedroom where he forcefully raped his wife and called his friends to have a turn while he blasted sweet home Alabama on the stereo. Passed out woke up a 2am to go barf, and then ventured into his 8 year old's son room to give him some " Daddy Lovin' ".

Once again my issue is that there is too much being left out of the story in order to come to any conclusion. We can speculate yes, but none of us will ever really know the whole story.

This takes me back to watching a scene from the movie crash when Sandra Bullock keeps quiet about the two black men approaching her and her husband while getting in the car and getting robbed. She was ignored their intentions.

Then she came back to the Latino guy who redid their locks, and using her traumatizing experience to come to the conclusion that the Latino guy was some gang member, which you then learn is the total opposite.

Who do I feel so strongly about this matter, I've been kicked out of my share of Convenience stores, I've had a broom swung at me just for walking by a house that some "Black kids" played nicki 9 door on( Wasn't me ). I've been pulled over 4 times in 3 months of ownership of one car and not handed a single ticket. It's people who generalize that I believe are contributing the greatest to the fall of humanity.

95 530i|Modifications - Work.
ACS_DAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:49 PM   #33
ACS_DAN
16/F/Cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades View Post
I love watermelon and chicken as well (im white) but I dont understand why people generalize this as the only thing black people eat because that isnt true. If you think about it, what kind of meat did you eat the most in last 5 days? mine was chicken ..
Neither do I, but it's out there and it happens to be a very well known stereotype. Unfortunately We don't have bearing on what people think. We can only try to inform and hope that they keep an open mind and listen to what we're saying.

To tell you the truth... last week I had more goat meat than chicken. It varies week to week I guess, whatever mommy cooks is what I eat.

=p

Old 01-26-2009, 01:56 PM   #34
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACS_DAN View Post
Who do I feel so strongly about this matter, I've been kicked out of my share of Convenience stores, I've had a broom swung at me just for walking by a house that some "Black kids" played nicki 9 door on( Wasn't me ). I've been pulled over 4 times in 3 months of ownership of one car and not handed a single ticket. It's people who generalize that I believe are contributing the greatest to the fall of humanity.
well no offence but these generalizations happen for a reason and its because of those reasons that it effects you. Those reasons or outcomes would have to have happened time and time again for someone to notice and be more careful of the situation a second or third time.

btw I believe 99% of sterotypes are true ..

men dont put the seat down .. cops eat a lot of donuts .. woman are bad drivers .. etc etc.

but these stereotypes came to play with reasons. ex. cops eat donuts. Back in the day there was nothing open and when cops were on there night shift they had to stop somewhere to eat or grab a coffee (break time) .. nothing else was open back then late at night (especially during the week) so the stereotype of cops eating donuts was born.

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:33 PM   #35
Kal
maxRealtor

Send a message via MSN to Kal
the word nigga is a noun!
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=QzoGuy7vhJI
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:35 PM   #36
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Neither do I, but it's out there and it happens to be a very well known stereotype. Unfortunately We don't have bearing on what people think. We can only try to inform and hope that they keep an open mind and listen to what we're saying.

To tell you the truth... last week I had more goat meat than chicken. It varies week to week I guess, whatever mommy cooks is what I eat.

=p
tell me about it ..

last week at timmies I bought a sandwich and wanted a little mayo on it .. the black girl serving me put a shit load of mayo on my sandwich .. I dont understand why ... who in there right mind would put so much on a sandwich .. I had to scrap it off with a knife just so I could eat.

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown

Last edited by Blades; 01-26-2009 at 03:06 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:45 PM   #37
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Send a message via MSN to craigIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal View Post
hahaha... Mondays pleeaaazz!!!!

flickr
craigIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:01 PM   #38
ACS_DAN
16/F/Cali

Quote:
well no offence but these generalizations happen for a reason and its because of those reasons that it effects you. Those reasons or outcomes would have to have happened time and time again for someone to notice and be more careful of the situation a second or third time.

btw I believe 99% of sterotypes are true ..

men dont put the seat down .. cops eat a lot of donuts .. woman are bad drivers .. etc etc.

but these stereotypes came to play with reasons. ex. cops eat donuts. Back in the day there was nothing open and when cops were on there night shift they had to stop somewhere to eat or grab a coffee (break time) .. nothing else was open back then late at night (especially during the week) so the stereotype of cops eating donuts was born.
I can certainly understand that, but when it gets to a point where it affects me to a point where I can definitely notice it than I feel I should be allowed to voice out my opinion without the threat of being called a "sour-puss".

Old 01-26-2009, 03:05 PM   #39
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
I can certainly understand that, but when it gets to a point where it affects me to a point where I can definitely notice it than I feel I should be allowed to voice out my opinion without the threat of being called a "sour-puss".
can you post a picture of your car? or at least describe it to me

Old 01-26-2009, 03:05 PM   #40
ACS_DAN
16/F/Cali

Quote:
tell me about it ..

last week at timmies I bought a sandwich with a little mayo on it .. the black girl serving me put a shit load of mayo on my sandwich .. I dont understand why ... who in there right mind would put so much on a sandwich .. I had to scrap it off with a knife just so I could eat.
Stop going to Tim Hortons for Sandwiches! Only thing they're good for is donuts and hot drinks.

Go to Mr.Sub or Subway, basically in a sense you're making the sandwich maker your bitch.

=p

A little offtopic, the first time I heard somebody use the term Timmies was when I was working at wonderland like 3 or 4 years ago.

"Excuse me sir, where is the nearest timmies"
I had no idea what he was talking about so I just said
"...uhhmmmm.... the closest boys washroom is that way

he gave me a weird look and walked away.

=p

Old 01-26-2009, 03:09 PM   #41
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Stop going to Tim Hortons for Sandwiches! Only thing they're good for is donuts and hot drinks.

Go to Mr.Sub or Subway, basically in a sense you're making the sandwich maker your bitch.

=p

A little offtopic, the first time I heard somebody use the term Timmies was when I was working at wonderland like 3 or 4 years ago.

"Excuse me sir, where is the nearest timmies"
I had no idea what he was talking about so I just said
"...uhhmmmm.... the closest boys washroom is that way

he gave me a weird look and walked away.

=p
what about there chili

there chili is great after a day of snowboarding

Old 01-26-2009, 03:11 PM   #42
ACS_DAN
16/F/Cali

Quote:
can you post a picture of your car? or at least describe it to me
lowered 93 black GS-R. larger exhaust piping, no fart can, No big daddy wheels (stock), no tint, no wicked purple mispointed HID's without projectors.

It wasn't even lowered that much I could still get two fingers inbetween my wheel and the arches, and I have pretty big fingers =D.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:13 PM   #43
ACS_DAN
16/F/Cali

Quote:
what about there chili

there chili is great after a day of snowboarding
Maybe it's just me, I couldn't stomach more than half a bowl of that stuff. Then again, I think the only times I've had chili was in Kindergarten when the daycare cooked it for us and from Tim Hortons.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:49 PM   #44
sirex
King Sirex

Thats why in my post I said anyone heard using the word, listening to music in which bad words are used, they all should get suspended/expelled.

Low and behold the teacher got suspended, 10 days, no pay. Thats almost 1000$. If not more, dont know his salaray.

There should be no underground rule thats "Im black therefore I can use the term Nigga". etc. Everyone should be treated EXACTLY the same, and penalized EXactly the same.

And Im just venting my frustration that it isn't being done. Why is it when one of those black comedians is on the stage hes tossing around racial slurs about white people, but the same white man does it and tosses a racial slurr and hes a racist. This is what bugs me. I want no one useing it.

Last edited by sirex; 01-26-2009 at 03:59 PM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:55 PM   #45
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
Thats why in my post I said anyone heard using the word, listening to music in which bad words are used, they all should get suspended/expelled.

Low and behold the teacher got suspended, 10 days, no pay. Thats almost 1000$. If not more, dont know his salaray.

There should be no underground rule thats "Im black therefore I can use the term Nigga". etc. Everyone should be treated EXACTLY the same, and penalized EXactly the same.

And Im just venting my frustration that it isn't being done. Why is it when one of those black comedians is on the stage hes tossing around racial slurs about white people, but the same white man does it and tosses a racial slurr and hes a racist. This is what bugs me. I want no one useing it.
what bugs me is that you always see a black comedian doing a comparison to white vs black .. no white comedian would dare do that because he would be considered racist. Could you imagine some white guy pulling off Dave Chappell jokes? or Russell Peters?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: