Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-25-2009, 11:46 AM   #16
TNation
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Toronto/Calgary
Posts: 1,908


Quote:
Originally Posted by prince1 View Post
true that
especially a teacher saying it in a derogetory way to a student
dude if you guys were coloured u would understand
its wrong to use racial slurs and make you look ignorant
this is the first post I've ever seen you write that I agree with.
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 12:46 PM   #17
sirex
King Sirex
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,850
Ignorant when a white man uses it, Okay when a black man uses it.

Lets turn on the latest 50 cent album. toss around the word nigga like people toss around Merry christmas before christmas.

Nice. Then someone slips up, thinking that bcaues its over used and so abundant that it would be okay to use it in the situation. The situation being this:

The teacher saw the kid acting like a little scoundrel and so, used a word that the kid would respond to, as thats probably the word that little kid uses to talk to his friends, or his friends use on him- despite his academic achievements, which were pure BS to get the people watching the news snippet to side with the "poor kid", how dare they use such vile words. Meanwhile this kid is the one probably calling white kids niggers, then cries when they use it back on him or tries to fight htem.

Its all double standard BS. The moral of this story is that liberal, hippy, political correct douche bags have destroyed these countries and sent us further down the hole. You know what, if a kid uses nigger in school, or brings rap music into the school where the word nigga is used, suspend or expell their asses. Not this freedom of expresion.

If a rapper can freely expres him self about "niggas be stealing in my hood" or "them niggers ****ed em hoes" or "my niggas are the meanest niggas" then **** you too Ill express my self as well.
__________________

Last edited by sirex; 01-25-2009 at 12:49 PM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:03 PM   #18
rendered
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 1,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
Ignorant when a white man uses it, Okay when a black man uses it.

Lets turn on the latest 50 cent album. toss around the word nigga like people toss around Merry christmas before christmas.

Nice. Then someone slips up, thinking that bcaues its over used and so abundant that it would be okay to use it in the situation. The situation being this:

The teacher saw the kid acting like a little scoundrel and so, used a word that the kid would respond to, as thats probably the word that little kid uses to talk to his friends, or his friends use on him- despite his academic achievements, which were pure BS to get the people watching the news snippet to side with the "poor kid", how dare they use such vile words. Meanwhile this kid is the one probably calling white kids niggers, then cries when they use it back on him or tries to fight htem.

Its all double standard BS. The moral of this story is that liberal, hippy, political correct douche bags have destroyed these countries and sent us further down the hole. You know what, if a kid uses nigger in school, or brings rap music into the school where the word nigga is used, suspend or expell their asses. Not this freedom of expresion.

If a rapper can freely expres him self about "niggas be stealing in my hood" or "them niggers ****ed em hoes" or "my niggas are the meanest niggas" then **** you too Ill express my self as well.
ROTFLMAO!!!! so true
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:10 PM   #19
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!
 
Axxe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Oakville
Posts: 9,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
Ignorant when a white man uses it, Okay when a black man uses it.

Lets turn on the latest 50 cent album. toss around the word nigga like people toss around Merry christmas before christmas.

Nice. Then someone slips up, thinking that bcaues its over used and so abundant that it would be okay to use it in the situation. The situation being this:

The teacher saw the kid acting like a little scoundrel and so, used a word that the kid would respond to, as thats probably the word that little kid uses to talk to his friends, or his friends use on him- despite his academic achievements, which were pure BS to get the people watching the news snippet to side with the "poor kid", how dare they use such vile words. Meanwhile this kid is the one probably calling white kids niggers, then cries when they use it back on him or tries to fight htem.

Its all double standard BS. The moral of this story is that liberal, hippy, political correct douche bags have destroyed these countries and sent us further down the hole. You know what, if a kid uses nigger in school, or brings rap music into the school where the word nigga is used, suspend or expell their asses. Not this freedom of expresion.

If a rapper can freely expres him self about "niggas be stealing in my hood" or "them niggers ****ed em hoes" or "my niggas are the meanest niggas" then **** you too Ill express my self as well.
Someone is going to jump in and rip you to shreds because you are wrong, but the double standard is absolutely absurd. The most racist people in north america today are the same people who where crying about racism a couple decades ago. At first they wanted blacks to be allowed into white schools, now they want all black schools. Makes a lot of sense, right? . I'm not saying that what the teacher did was right, but shit like this happens everyday going the other way. I went to turner fenton in brampton, maybe 300 non-coloured people out of 2500. Shit was ****ed up, gangsters telling teachers to shut the **** up, zero respect, and then when they fail a course it was "cus they were black/brown/purple/green"
__________________

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:33 PM   #20
zackman17
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 850
i thought this thread was about this video....


http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=I11w-rl6iaY
zackman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:44 PM   #21
ACS_DAN
16/F/Cali
 
ACS_DAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: OJ Didn't Do it.
Posts: 1,312
Send a message via MSN to ACS_DAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
Ignorant when a white man uses it, Okay when a black man uses it.

Lets turn on the latest 50 cent album. toss around the word nigga like people toss around Merry christmas before christmas.

Nice. Then someone slips up, thinking that bcaues its over used and so abundant that it would be okay to use it in the situation. The situation being this:

The teacher saw the kid acting like a little scoundrel and so, used a word that the kid would respond to, as thats probably the word that little kid uses to talk to his friends, or his friends use on him- despite his academic achievements, which were pure BS to get the people watching the news snippet to side with the "poor kid", how dare they use such vile words. Meanwhile this kid is the one probably calling white kids niggers, then cries when they use it back on him or tries to fight htem.

Its all double standard BS. The moral of this story is that liberal, hippy, political correct douche bags have destroyed these countries and sent us further down the hole. You know what, if a kid uses nigger in school, or brings rap music into the school where the word nigga is used, suspend or expell their asses. Not this freedom of expresion.

If a rapper can freely expres him self about "niggas be stealing in my hood" or "them niggers ****ed em hoes" or "my niggas are the meanest niggas" then **** you too Ill express my self as well.
First,
50 cent is an Idiot. He should not be a representative of how the total black community think or act.

Second, how you were able to grab that much information about the student's history and his use of the N-Word from that short video is very shocking.

what I think you're doing is generalizing a certain type of people by what you see in the media. **** yes I love watermelon and **** yes I love chicken, but does that mean I throw the N word around like a sprinkler, no.

The media portray's a lot of negative things about a lot of races, it's not only black people. If I were to go around thinking that all white people had the same values and persona's of those in the television show the O.C, or Italians from the HBO show the soprano's I think I'd be essentially be "crying wolf".

I urge you not to take this the wrong way, I think we're all adults that can have a conversation and share our opinions without malice.

That being said, I once had a teacher use the N word in English class in grade 9. I personally had no problem with it because was for the sake of discussion and learning, She was caucasian if anybody was wondering.
__________________

95 530i|Modifications - Work.
ACS_DAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:44 PM   #22
Dysantic
Captain Chaos
 
Dysantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by zackman17 View Post
i thought this thread was about this video....


http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=I11w-rl6iaY
BAHAHAHAHAHA!

Thats great...

Teacher goes up to student - "Nigga please!"
Student - "What the hell did you just say?"
Teacher pulls out a box of Nigga Please
__________________
Dysantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 05:41 PM   #23
coolhand
Banned
 
coolhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 3,470
Meh.
coolhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 05:44 PM   #24
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291
 
craigIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chatham
Posts: 2,044
Send a message via MSN to craigIS
i think its a double standard thing....the kind probably used the word on the teacher.....and when the teacher mockingly/sarcsticly used t back, the kid felt offened.

what do you think black ppl call white ppl....."cracka's" and if i were to be called a cracka by a black person, and when to the cops and media and such, saying that i was offended, i would be laughed at.....its discusting how they can call white ppl what ever they like and we can call them black, it to be afro america, or jamacan america....


hahaha!!!! deep fied w/ bbq sauce!!LmAO
__________________


flickr

Last edited by craigIS; 01-25-2009 at 05:47 PM.
craigIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 06:55 PM   #25
propr'one
op sucks cock
 
propr'one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: T.
Posts: 17,810
Send a message via MSN to propr'one
ya'lll niggas need to chill the **** out.


Why dont black people target actual racists? This duy didn't come off racist at all to me, having said that i'm definately not black.

I also further object to black people being the ones who have the right to determine intent of the use of the word. If black people stop using nigger/nigga/niggaz/ whateverthe****, I would be inclined to stop aswell. But black people use that word amongst one another because it is not used in an offensive way. When i use that word, i'm also not using it in an offensive way. Sorry, just because a black man is president doesn't give you the right to portion off words in the english language which one race is allowed to use, and another one isn't.

And i dont wanna hear any ...black people were slaves, we owe them shit. I/my family/anyone related to me didn't live anywhere near this ****ing continent when racism happened, so i dont owe them anything. And if you want complains, look up ukrainian history. We were slaves for much longer than 200 years.
__________________
I run a canadian HID kit company, if you have any questions about hid kits in canada or would like to check out our products please contact me here: http://absolutehid.ca

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black

Last edited by propr'one; 01-25-2009 at 07:00 PM.
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 07:16 PM   #26
5thseries
biggerthen3
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brampton
Posts: 722
"Nigga" or "cracka" has no actual meaning towards it.. its simple slang term that has been used in the wrong context... its ****ing bull shit.. im black threw ethnic routes.. both my parents born in Jamaica.. now... "nigger" was a term that the whites used on the black people, basically without knowing your name. your "hey nigger".. discriminating.. offensive.. and just ****ed.. just like the work "spic" or "cracker"..... now.. today its all bull shit.. in my high school, "Nigga" is like the f word.. yo usay it you get punished.. all the dumb black kids in my school slap the white kids for saying it.. but yet you have the brown kids.. the spanish kids.. basically every other "race" but white poeple.. how does that work :S...... media (BET) has ****ed up everything.. simple as that..
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=1hYMUCuodv4
5thseries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 07:23 PM   #27
sirex
King Sirex
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACS_DAN View Post
First,
50 cent is an Idiot. He should not be a representative of how the total black community think or act.

Second, how you were able to grab that much information about the student's history and his use of the N-Word from that short video is very shocking.

what I think you're doing is generalizing a certain type of people by what you see in the media. **** yes I love watermelon and **** yes I love chicken, but does that mean I throw the N word around like a sprinkler, no.

The media portray's a lot of negative things about a lot of races, it's not only black people. If I were to go around thinking that all white people had the same values and persona's of those in the television show the O.C, or Italians from the HBO show the soprano's I think I'd be essentially be "crying wolf".

I urge you not to take this the wrong way, I think we're all adults that can have a conversation and share our opinions without malice.

That being said, I once had a teacher use the N word in English class in grade 9. I personally had no problem with it because was for the sake of discussion and learning, She was caucasian if anybody was wondering.

Youre absolutely right, I am generalizing ALOT about this kid. Why am I generalizing about this kid?

First: The whole story was NOT really given clearly and concisely from both parties.

Second: There is clearly a deeper history between student/teacher relation then we are led to believe.

Third: Everything is said, and happens for a reason.

Fourth: This kid is suppose to be an outstanding young man according to the news snippet. Showing off his awards, etc.


Where do I come up with my conclusion?

Here:

Everything happens, and is said for a reason. There is definately some history behind the word being used in the situation that it has been used in. Perhaps, and most probably, Im willing to bet that this teacher has most likely heard THIS particular kid, use the N word when PROBABLY talking to another friend.

Using the word nigga to another friend, loosely. Perhaps the teacher heard this comment. Perhaps the teacher COMMENTED on this, maybe a few weeks before the incident happened. ETC. Perhaps the kid decided that he would not learn from said incident and used the word when talking to his friend again.

And so that leads me to the conclusion that the teacher, in his infinite wisdom, decided to give the boy a taste of his own medicne and used the TERM NIGGA in a friendly tone. Which the boy then decided to turn it around and use it as a racial slur..


Is what Im saying true? No its not. We dont know the full story. HOWEVER, if you think about it, why would a teacher, that doesn't know his student, USE the term Nigga to a black person? Unless hes an utter racist? Clearly that cannot be the case, unless it was the first day of class and all the kids were new.

THEREFORE, Im in serious belief that there is HISTORY in this classroom, or this school, where these kids use the word nigga loosely. Now suddenly when anyone but their friend uses it, its time to call the Prinicpal and your parents to complain.

So that my friend is the BULLSHIT double standard that I am refering to.
__________________

Last edited by sirex; 01-25-2009 at 07:25 PM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:49 PM   #28
Jim .E.
E90 n00b
 
Jim .E.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Brampton
Posts: 6,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe View Post
Someone is going to jump in and rip you to shreds because you are wrong, but the double standard is absolutely absurd. The most racist people in north america today are the same people who where crying about racism a couple decades ago. At first they wanted blacks to be allowed into white schools, now they want all black schools. Makes a lot of sense, right? . I'm not saying that what the teacher did was right, but shit like this happens everyday going the other way. I went to turner fenton in brampton, maybe 300 non-coloured people out of 2500. Shit was ****ed up, gangsters telling teachers to shut the **** up, zero respect, and then when they fail a course it was "cus they were black/brown/purple/green"
Turner Fenton ftmfw! Class of 2004
Jim .E. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:53 PM   #29
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!
 
Axxe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Oakville
Posts: 9,774
Same here. I got suspended more than once, and I was in IB
__________________

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:56 AM   #30
Blades
Your opinion is to long
 
Blades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 5,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACS_DAN View Post

what I think you're doing is generalizing a certain type of people by what you see in the media. **** yes I love watermelon and **** yes I love chicken, but does that mean I throw the N word around like a sprinkler, no.
I love watermelon and chicken as well (im white) but I dont understand why people generalize this as the only thing black people eat because that isnt true. If you think about it, what kind of meat did you eat the most in last 5 days? mine was chicken ..

occasionally I'll have beef or pork but mostly its chicken.

as for the n word .. I dont think anyone should be using it .. even you prop'one
how often do you go to a white guy and say "hey my trailer trash (high five)"
or to a indian and say "hey my p ... (high five)"
or to a asian guy "whats up my c ... (high five)"
or to a latin guy " whats up my s ... (high five)"

there is no good intend of the word and it shouldnt be used by another .. If I seen the word used on BET I would report it to be censored like a swear word.

what I do find odd is that sometimes you can get in a fight with someone and lets say hes black .. call him a motherfer ... ahole .. whatever .. but call him the n word and he explodes. Dont let someone from another race get to you but simply using a word .. whatever it might be.
__________________
-=[ BL/\DES ]=-



All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015