Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-26-2009, 12:34 PM   #46
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
It's proven that immigrants in any financial class have lower crime rates than people born in the country within the same class.
I've found the solution: Deport criminals to another country, and they will become good, hard working citizens.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:44 PM   #47
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe View Post
i've found the solution: Deport criminals to another country, and they will become good, hard working citizens.
lol :d

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:46 PM   #48
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post
I find that very surprising. Got a link? Not doubting you, I just want to see this info for myself - seems to be counter-intuitive lol.
Nah, that's all academic journal stuff. Remember what those are, back when you were going to that place called York?

But no for real, I remember going over that fact in more than a few classes (Sociology). It's pretty cool.

@stancejay
Mystikal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:47 PM   #49
Mystikal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades View Post
hmm but then your theory wouldnt work on Newfoundland or Nova Scotia .. must be something else.

I think the best way to get an answer would be to do statistics within a prison yet the results would still be biased based on people that were caught oppose to those that didnt. Yet im sure you would fine your end results and get your who, what, and why.
Not my theory at all.

And doing statistics in prison won't give accurate results, as blacks are far more likely to be convicted of the same crimes than whites.

@stancejay
Old 01-26-2009, 12:48 PM   #50
Mystikal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe View Post
I've found the solution: Deport criminals to another country, and they will become good, hard working citizens.
lmao, nice.

@stancejay
Old 01-26-2009, 01:37 PM   #51
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Not my theory at all.

And doing statistics in prison won't give accurate results, as blacks are far more likely to be convicted of the same crimes than whites.
oh .. then maybe you can do it by country .. which country is the most dangerous to live (has the most crimes) and find out what the cause is.

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Old 01-26-2009, 02:11 PM   #52
Mystikal

Quote:
oh .. then maybe you can do it by country .. which country is the most dangerous to live (has the most crimes) and find out what the cause is.
That would be Jamaica. And the cause is primarily poverty (which itself is caused by IMF-related debt). Political wars, gang warefare (those two are actually strongly related), religion, and other factors are also at play.

@stancejay
Old 01-26-2009, 02:28 PM   #53
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
That would be Jamaica. And the cause is primarily poverty (which itself is caused by IMF-related debt). Political wars, gang warefare (those two are actually strongly related), religion, and other factors are also at play.
actually your wrong ..

http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-top...ime-rates.html

im surprised russia isnt in there because of there poverty.

but Jamaica is up there for murder rate ..

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...ers-per-capita

http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-top...der-rates.html

Old 01-26-2009, 02:34 PM   #54
Fel
Not Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe View Post
LOL.... dude, they tried that. It's called Australia.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:41 PM   #55
Mystikal

Quote:
actually your wrong ..

http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-top...ime-rates.html

im surprised russia isnt in there because of there poverty.

but Jamaica is up there for murder rate ..

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...ers-per-capita

http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-top...der-rates.html
You're right on one count: I wasn't using crime rates. Crime rates aren't a good measure, as reporting crimes is not a given in most third world countries. You can see this just by looking at the nations on that first link. It's almost completely populated by well to do countries with real police forces.

I was going by the murder rate, and the last time I had looked at them (3 years ago), Jamaica was number 1. Take a peek here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._homicide_rate. I probably should have re-checked them before posting.

@stancejay
Old 01-26-2009, 04:06 PM   #56
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
You're right on one count: I wasn't using crime rates. Crime rates aren't a good measure, as reporting crimes is not a given in most third world countries. You can see this just by looking at the nations on that first link. It's almost completely populated by well to do countries with real police forces.

I was going by the murder rate, and the last time I had looked at them (3 years ago), Jamaica was number 1. Take a peek here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._homicide_rate. I probably should have re-checked them before posting.
I seen the wiki but I try not to use that because its not solid facts .. anyone can write to or add to a wiki. Your right about crime rate .. I dont know anyone in the right mind that would do something in Sweden when there standard of living is so great.

but my point is to see if you still believe in what you wrote before because I dont buy any of it.

Old 01-26-2009, 05:10 PM   #57
rendered
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Haha bullshit.

You know you weren't going to get anything more detailed than "black" "white" or "asian". If you were planning to avoid all teenagers from any one of those groups and/or call the cops about them, you'd be a busy man.

You're so transparent, it kills me.
Whatever Chang. It doesn't seem to bother you very much these teens/children are running around our city we live in, shooting off guns in public. (The main topic of this original thread) You've seemed to stray completely off-topic on this original post trying to post supportive data on a topic that doesn't even prove relevance to the fact a CARELESS IDIOT shot another teen, in broad daylight, around many other innocent bystanders. People who could of been any one of us, anyone of our family members, or anyone of our friends. Hits close to home when you think of it like that?
I'm not the one who's being transparent here, posting irrelevent crime and murder rates from Jamaica!? Jamaica is not Toronto

I don't want to comment any further on this topic because it seems to be a touchy subject for you... What are you trying to prove with your internet research to us? I hope you're not trying to post information, supporting criminals shooting off guns in Toronto? Trying to prove thats normal because your internet crime data says so? I truly hope you're not supporting the criminals in this city!?
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 07:03 AM   #58
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendered View Post
I don't want to comment any further on this topic because it seems to be a touchy subject for you... What are you trying to prove with your internet research to us? I hope you're not trying to post information, supporting criminals shooting off guns in Toronto? Trying to prove thats normal because your internet crime data says so? I truly hope you're not supporting the criminals in this city!?
please dont comment any further on this topic .. its obvious you cant read and keep yup. You would know why he posted about Jamacia if you read the posts above his.

You are transparent .. even I saw right through you. Even if you got a description of the person .. what are you going to do .. go on your own man hunt for him? a description or a drawn picture for that matter wont help because it could look like so many people. You sound like an 80 year old that has nothing better to do but stare out his window and call the cops on random people. If your so scared then maybe you shouldnt walk outside .. just stay indoors gramps.

Last edited by Blades; 01-27-2009 at 07:07 AM.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:30 AM   #59
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel View Post
LOL.... dude, they tried that. It's called Australia.
I was wondering who else would pick up on that. Look at auz now, it's a decent place to live. Maybe this is a better option to just relocating people within the same area? But this is beyond the scope of this thread.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:47 AM   #60
Mystikal

Quote:
I seen the wiki but I try not to use that because its not solid facts .. anyone can write to or add to a wiki. Your right about crime rate .. I dont know anyone in the right mind that would do something in Sweden when there standard of living is so great.

but my point is to see if you still believe in what you wrote before because I dont buy any of it.
I usually avoid it too, but all of those numbers have seemingly reputable sources.

And I definitely still beleive in what I wrote, I spent years studying this stuff at UofT. If it was just one biased professor spouting off the data I'd be skeptical too, but it was an overwhelming theme within many of the Soc classes I took.

@stancejay

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: