Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Multimedia > Rides
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-10-2009, 11:16 PM   #1
Suprano
5th Gear Member

Carbon Canyon Cruise (East of LA)

So, as some of you may already know, I moved out to LA last year for law school and I just picked up a Avus/Dove 328 cab for my wife; what's that you say, "why for my wife and not me?", well because it's auto, so it's my wifes ride.

I just took it out today for a short cruise around my area, along Carbon Canyon road; some of it actually burned to a crisp when the fires raged late last year, but it's a great drive, especially in a BMW.

Here a some quick shots I took:

Old 01-10-2009, 11:17 PM   #2
Suprano
5th Gear Member

more pics:

Old 01-11-2009, 02:45 AM   #3
spoony_prelude
Eurowerke

Must be nice having a wide variety of rust free cars down there. looks like a nice place to cruise with the top down. im planning on cruising down to miami with a couple of friends next summer. Cant wait! Btw what happend to your e36?

Jay
Old 01-11-2009, 12:44 PM   #4
Suprano
5th Gear Member

I left without having sold the car, but my brother ended up selling it for me. I loved that car, but I wish I hadn't put so much money into it.

As far as SoCal goes, it's a great place if you like to keep a nice, clean ride. However, it is really hard to find unabused, well maintained cars. You don't have to deal with rust, but nearly every car is dinged, dented, accidented and generally not maintained well. At least that's been my experience in buying two cars down here.

Either way, my wife's happy with the car and now I can start thinking about my next e36, or dare I say e46 M3. Probably not until 2010 though, LOL.

Rob
Old 01-11-2009, 01:41 PM   #5
1BADBMR
6th Gear Member

You moved to SoCal? (didn't know)
The Drop Top looks good.
04 Honda Civic (Beater)
93 318i (SOLD)
1BADBMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:59 PM   #6
Suprano
5th Gear Member

Ya man, I got a scholarship to go to law school down here and so my wife and I made the big move. SoCal is nice, but goddamn there's always a natural disaster around the corner; Earthquakes (we had a 5.5 right here in Chino Hills), Wild Fires (We had those come to within a mile or so of where we live) and then the mudslides (which thankfully did not happen this year). But then there's the great weather, the beaches and the people down here are great too, however, I am not in the city so......not much superficiality to deal with.

Anyways, thanks for the comments on the car. I wish I had waited until now to buy my car also because the prices are ridiculously low in many cases. Meh, I' guess I'll have to wait and see if I do well in law school and graduate to get my next toy!

Rob

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: