Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-08-2009, 10:17 AM   #1
zackman17
Banned

It's no kidney stone

Haha i heard this on the radio this morning.

PORT DE GRAVE, N.L. - When Juanita Stead complained of shooting pains in her lower back on New Year's Eve, she thought she was passing a kidney stone.

Instead, she was giving birth to a baby boy.

The eastern Newfoundland woman says she didn't realize she was pregnant until she was rushed to Carbonear General Hospital that night and an X-ray didn't turn up any kidney stones.

"When I went back to emerg, the doctor was waiting for me and he said, 'It's no kidney stone.' He said, 'You've got a baby ready to be born,' " said the 36-year-old Stead.

"I said, 'No, that can't happen' . . . I told him he had the wrong X-ray file."

Six minutes later, seven-pound, 12-ounce Nicholas was born breech at 12:31 a.m. local time on New Year's Day, making him among the first babies born in Canada for 2009.

"He came out bum first," Stead said Wednesday, cradling the one-week-old child.

Doctors weren't able to carry out a caesarean section because of Nicholas's quick entry into the world, she said.

Hours before the sudden birth, Stead and her husband Terry, 35, went to her sister's house for a New Year's Eve family gathering.

As she explained her symptoms to Terry and her brother-in-law - who owns an ambulance service - the two men became increasingly convinced she was experiencing a kidney stone attack.

"Honest to God, I just don't have words to explain it," Terry said.

The Steads, who live in a two-storey home in the small outport of Port de Grave, N.L., say they had no reason to think Juanita was pregnant because she didn't experience the usual telltale signs, such as morning sickness and kicking from the womb. She says her menstrual cycle remained regular throughout her pregnancy.

"People have been saying to me, same as I've been saying, 'How could you not know you was pregnant?' " she said.

"Everyone is still in shock I think."

This isn't the first time a pregnancy caught the Steads off-guard.

Two-year-old Cameron was born six weeks premature in July 2006 in their home bathroom, weighing three pounds and 11 ounces. His birth was marred by complications and last September he underwent a bowel, liver and pancreas transplant at The Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto.

But the toddler now appears as rambunctious as any his age, running around inside the house and playing with his toys.

Nicholas is faring well also, sleeping and eating regularly despite growing attention from families, friends and the public, his mother said.

"Two little miracles meant to be."

Friends and family have provided them with toys and clothing for the new baby, because they discarded Cameron's old belongings months before Nicholas's birth, she said.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/0.../surprise_baby
zackman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:19 AM   #2
Mr seville
6th Gear Member

my only question is, how huge do you have to be to know that ur not prego
Mr seville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:22 AM   #3
zackman17
Banned

That's what i was thinking but this isnt the first time it has happened either LOL i would like to see pics.
zackman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:54 AM   #4
Conti
2nd Gear Member

It depends on the person, this actually happened to my neighbor back in New Brunswick when I lived there. She had cramps and pains all night and when she went to the hospital she was rush into delivery. She had a little baby girl that was about 1 1/2 month premature. In her case she was known to be a person that suffered from anorexia so her cycle was not there and well she was paper thin already so you can imagine how big her little girls was.... In the end the little girl is cute as can be and healthy.....but this shit does happen. I never thought in my life that I would know someone personally that went through this......
Old 01-08-2009, 11:00 AM   #5
flex_318
3rd Gear Member

Yeah saw a show on TLC called "I didn't know i was pregnant" that delt with all these type of stories. Scary if you ask me because there's such a high risk of complications especially if the mother is smoking or drinking.
flex_318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:40 AM   #6
MiroE36
6th Gear Member

i'm thinking beached whale size big

MiroE36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:10 PM   #7
hadesm5
6th Gear Member

wtf thats so bullshit... didnt she notice from not getting her period for ****ing 9 months
Old 01-08-2009, 01:26 PM   #8
e36_freak
Mostly absent

Send a message via ICQ to e36_freak Send a message via MSN to e36_freak
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadesm5 View Post
wtf thats so bullshit... didnt she notice from not getting her period for ****ing 9 months
i think she did have her period. it said her menstrual cycle was normal throughout.

[M]i[K]E[][M]i[K]E[]
e36_freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:37 PM   #9
Bimmer Heaven
MaXsponsor

How big do you have to be not to notice "seven-pound, 12-ounces" on you!!!
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4

Etobicoke location opening SOON!!!!

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Bimmer Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:53 PM   #10
Arash
6th Gear Member

wtf!!
Arash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:58 PM   #11
Dado 540
6th Gear Member

Dear lord! WOW
Dado 540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:05 PM   #12
ericdalinda
6th Gear Member

there was a girl in marmora ontario, no word of a lie she didnt know she was pregnant and she now has a baby boy.

and she wasnt really fat. mabe a party belly. NO WORD OF A LIE
ericdalinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: