Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-04-2009, 05:55 PM   #1
DR.ZED
3rd Gear Member

Looking for details on 86 325es fog lights

I have an 85 325e with an 86 es bumper. I have a few questions. First off is this the same bumper as the 325is?

Second, I want to install the OEM or lights VERY close to the dimension of OEM for this bumper. The opening on the bumper is 8" x 3.5 - 3.75" and there are few aftermarket units that will fill that opening.

I am also curious about the mounting brackets used in the OEM application of this? If anybody can find me details that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

My bumper:

85 325e M5
07 Honda Shadow Spirit 750
DR.ZED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:10 PM   #2
Wannabe
Northwood.

I believe just the standard Bosch fog lights were the correct fogs
2002 Dodge Durango SXT
1985 BMW 325e
1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
1995 Nissan Altima SE
1994 Mazda MX-6 RS
1984 Buick Riviera
Wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:25 PM   #3
DR.ZED
3rd Gear Member

Here are the fogs, and I found a guy with a few sets for sale.

(these are new)

Dave> I know you're gonna chime in here. You were right, the bumper is indeed an "IS" bumper. The "ES" bumper (like the picture below) does not have the two extra holes in the bottom middle. Crazy! Something else, if you google E30 "is" I have not seen a single picture of this bumper on any car other than the above. Very unique indeed.

85 325e M5
Old 01-06-2009, 07:01 AM   #4
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
The 2 holes in the is one are for the oil cooler the es didn't have.

I was waiting to see if anyone else chimed in too be honest, but no one seems to really care about these anymore as people just swap bumpers now

In good condition though these things pop up on ebay for 200-300 bucks. As far as I know I have only ever seen one replica (eurostyle had one) but those have long vanished also.

The oem mounting you need long discontinued brackets, and this crazy bar, I might have them kicking around somewhere as I tried to assemble everything I needed at one point.

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:46 AM   #5
DR.ZED
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW BMXer View Post
The 2 holes in the is one are for the oil cooler the es didn't have.

I was waiting to see if anyone else chimed in too be honest, but no one seems to really care about these anymore as people just swap bumpers now

In good condition though these things pop up on ebay for 200-300 bucks. As far as I know I have only ever seen one replica (eurostyle had one) but those have long vanished also.

The oem mounting you need long discontinued brackets, and this crazy bar, I might have them kicking around somewhere as I tried to assemble everything I needed at one point.
Thanks Dave. Whatever you can find will be great! I've found a set of OEM fogs for this bumper for $75. They use little clips that hold it to the spoiler so the bumper bar may come in handy to support the weight.

Since I replaced the motor mounts there is a vicious vibration over 60 kms. No doubt I hurt the rubber driveshaft coupling and/or the support bearing. I've got both coming as well as two new trans mounts. Get to try out my new air compressor I got for Christmas! (when my broken foot heals).

The new interior (and Recaro seat) is at the details being shampooed as we speak. Your car is being well loved!
85 325e M5

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: