Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-26-2008, 01:55 AM   #1
coolhand
Banned

My poker idol

coolhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 02:10 AM   #2
AceOfSpades
♠ ♠ ♠

He is a true ****tard, class is something you can't buy. It doesn't matter how good you are at poker, as long as you don't do it with class, its a fail in my books.

plus most of those hands were PURE ****ing luck, i'm sure he had his fair share of anal raping with that type of poker style
AceOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 03:01 AM   #3
coolhand
Banned

A big part of poker is how you act/talk at the table, would you ever wanna loose to him as oposed to any other person? I wouldnt, and thats exacly what he wants.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:11 AM   #4
coolhand
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceOfSpades View Post
He is a true ****tard, class is something you can't buy. It doesn't matter how good you are at poker, as long as you don't do it with class, its a fail in my books.

plus most of those hands were PURE ****ing luck, i'm sure he had his fair share of anal raping with that type of poker style
When you fully understand poker you will realise that it's never pure luck. Did you see the game against Doyle?

What he does is just a part of the game and there will always be bad beats.

BTW: some of the top players say you can reduce ur luck factor to 10% depending on table dynamics.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:22 AM   #5
AceOfSpades
♠ ♠ ♠

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhand View Post
A big part of poker is how you act/talk at the table, would you ever wanna loose to him as oposed to any other person? I wouldnt, and thats exacly what he wants.
the more you act/talk, the more info you give away. somebody will most probably pick up any of those details. IMO

i would not want to lose to him, but then again, i have never ever wanted to lose to anyone, especially in poker. However i would surely consider a BIG change in strategy with a guy like this.

He needs more class, thats all i'm saying

Last edited by AceOfSpades; 12-26-2008 at 03:28 AM.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:32 AM   #6
coolhand
Banned

The more you act/talk the more misinformation you can give away also, you don't have to move in anyway to give away information. He doesnt do this to be a dick, its apart of his rep. no one wants to show down with this guy unless they are a lock.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:41 AM   #7
AceOfSpades
♠ ♠ ♠

Quote:
When you fully understand poker you will realise that it's never pure luck. Did you see the game against Doyle?

What he does is just a part of the game and there will always be bad beats.

BTW: some of the top players say you can reduce ur luck factor to 10% depending on table dynamics.
I've never said poker is based on luck.

What i'm saying is that for example that first clip, he 'might' have somewhat of an idea of the range of the cards that could pop up. BUT he did not know that for sure(otherwise, he would have opened his big ****ing mouth as soon as the the other dude called). He was pretty much dead meat before that 9
Old 12-26-2008, 03:45 AM   #8
AceOfSpades
♠ ♠ ♠

Quote:
The more you act/talk the more misinformation you can give away also, you don't have to move in anyway to give away information. He doesnt do this to be a dick, its apart of his rep. no one wants to show down with this guy unless they are a lock.
but i would love to show down with him because that would be like hitting 2 birds with one stone.
1/ shove his words right back up his ass
2/ taking him out if possible
Old 12-26-2008, 03:06 PM   #9
ericdalinda
6th Gear Member

Tony G has admitted to purposely to put people on tilt and which then he takes full advantage of.

he really snaps and goes crazy like that so other opponents would want to bust him so badly.
like the guy who called him with king jack. he KNEW he was coming from behind but he really wanted to bust him. i mean at best he was a coin flip over a pocket pair.
Phil hellmuth has a little piece of that in his arsenal. he could keep his mouth shut but chooses not to.
poker is a very beautiful thing. i love tony G but hes not as successful compared to negreanu or phil ivey.
ericdalinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 03:15 PM   #10
325isdan
5th Gear Member

man that guy is annoying. Good thing I havnt seen him on any WPT ive watched, since I think he would ruin it for me.
325isdan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 03:58 PM   #11
coolhand
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325isdan View Post
man that guy is annoying. Good thing I havnt seen him on any WPT ive watched, since I think he would ruin it for me.
Ur a fag.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:27 PM   #12
betmen
6th Gear Member

LoL, man class > whatever he does.

Ive seen him get wtfpwnd on so many of his moves, and bad raises like he does all the time. So many time he goes for it and then luck just aint in his pocket...but guess you cant find bad moves on youtube can ya.
betmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 04:28 PM   #13
325isdan
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Ur a fag.
What is wrong with you? I never said he was a bad player did I?????????? I simply said he is annoying, which he obvioulsy uses to his advantage.

So ya, go cock yourself.

Last edited by 325isdan; 12-26-2008 at 04:31 PM.
325isdan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 04:34 PM   #14
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

that guy needs an arab slap LOL.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:35 PM   #15
coolhand
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325isdan View Post
What is wrong with you? I never said he was a bad player did I?????????? I simply said he is annoying, which he obvioulsy uses to his advantage.

So ya, go cock yourself.
I'm just fooling man, sorry if you took that personally it was a bit harsh....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: