Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 5 series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-04-2009, 01:52 AM   #16
Qube
5th Gear Member

Just a quick example...

http://autolumination.com/headlights.htm

Qube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:24 PM   #17
richmak
4th Gear Member

Wow ... I don't even know there are LED versions of high beam ... not sure how it's going to work out ... some people also suggested adding a relay to the DRL so that the full 12V DC is supplied to the high beam halogen bulb.
richmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:15 PM   #18
Qube
5th Gear Member

Nono, I didn't send you the links for LEDs, just the bulb and pricing

Don't do the relay... it just means you'll be one of those a**holes that drive with their highbeams on (oblivious to it).

Do this... find some place that will disable the DRL for you, and then PM me where

Old 01-06-2009, 03:56 PM   #19
europrince
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qube View Post
My highbeams are yellow. Not a great pic. Need one for daytime. In the daytime, it looks golden and not as yellow pure.

I'm sorry, but that's wrong Pure white is the way to go!
europrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:03 PM   #20
richmak
4th Gear Member

Forgive my ignorance ... someone told me the feed for DRL and the feed for highbeam are separate. This means if the relay is added to the DRL feed then I won't be the a**hole blinding people with the high beam.

About disabling the DRL ... it is actually quite sarcastic ... I had to pay someone to enable the DRL when I imported this 5 wagon from PA last Sept ... now I am paying someone to disable it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qube View Post
Nono, I didn't send you the links for LEDs, just the bulb and pricing

Don't do the relay... it just means you'll be one of those a**holes that drive with their highbeams on (oblivious to it).

Do this... find some place that will disable the DRL for you, and then PM me where
Old 01-06-2009, 06:04 PM   #21
richmak
4th Gear Member

Could you tell me where you are getting the pure white for the DRL / high-beam that doesn't show a yellowish color during the day? I think lots of people have tried finding this without much success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by europrince View Post
I'm sorry, but that's wrong Pure white is the way to go!
Old 01-07-2009, 03:52 PM   #22
Qube
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmak View Post
Forgive my ignorance ... someone told me the feed for DRL and the feed for highbeam are separate. This means if the relay is added to the DRL feed then I won't be the a**hole blinding people with the high beam.

About disabling the DRL ... it is actually quite sarcastic ... I had to pay someone to enable the DRL when I imported this 5 wagon from PA last Sept ... now I am paying someone to disable it
You could be right about the feed, but I don't know enough about how the LKM works in the E39. Still searching for an inexpensive Bentley for this car.

If you find a place for no-DRL, let me know

Pure white is a trade off because you'll need extremely blue tinted bulbs, which will in turn reflect a hideous blue color when they're off (and yer parked). You can use LEDs but then you basically have no high beams.

Yellow isn't so bad. If you can't beat em, join em. Make it as yellow as possible

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: