Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: wshould i replace the license plate bracket even tho it's not my fault
should i buy a license plate holder 3 8.82%
tell him to go screw himself 30 88.24%
go thru insurance 1 2.94%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-23-2008, 08:07 AM   #31
Trouble65
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus View Post
Tell him to go fck himself! Since no witness and no cops called he cant do shit!
That's what I was thinking. However don't tell him to go fck himself. Be polite but firm.
Trouble65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:57 AM   #32
zackman17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhand View Post
Not true, you are allowed to more then 24 hours if both parties agree to negotiate. Most times tho there is proof supporting this like the fact that he has some strangers information and the damage to the cars. Personally I would report it to cops but not insurance and then take him to small claims for new rim(if you care). A police report will prove that you didnt hit and run, a hit and run BTW is a criminal offence along with DUI.

I reported an accident to cops once before didn't get any tickets and as a result insurance had no idea.
this is going thru insurance because this guy is a ****ing idiot. if he is found at fault and his company is going to pay for damages to my vehicle then i will get it fixed if not **** it im getting new rims with summer tires in the spring anyways im off to get a quote for my insurance company
zackman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:58 AM   #33
zackman17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouble65 View Post
That's what I was thinking. However don't tell him to go fck himself. Be polite but firm.

After this is resolved i will be saying things much worse then go **** yourself.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:11 AM   #34
zackman17
Banned

hahah 22 people said i should telll him to screw himself..
Old 12-23-2008, 09:50 AM   #35
Fel
Not Banned

What an asshat.

Lesson for next time... drive straight to the collision center. Then you wouldn't be in this mess.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:04 AM   #36
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackman17 View Post
I do have his info. He wanted it "in case something was wrong with his bumper" he was arguing with me saying i went threw a red when i didn't. His car was standard when he pulled it over it seemed like he had a issue controling the clutch and shifting im thinking he got ready to drive and Gave it too much gas causing him to jump the light.
Doesn't matter if you were going through a red or not. You were the one going straight through the intersection. He was turning.

He is at fault 100%.

You don't have to give him shit, and if he becomes a little bitch tell him to go report it.
NOTORIOUS VR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 11:07 AM   #37
jello_g
4th Gear Member

Wow, what an ass wipe mini driver. He deserved to be plowed into. There would be no debate whether it was safe to enter the intersection.

Gerald Lau's Facebook profile
jello_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 02:30 PM   #38
mudmojo
2nd Gear Member

Even if your light just turned red while you were traversing the intersection, it meant that he entered the unsafely intersection on a solid red and basically tboned you.

He probably didn't even stop before rolling the intersection. I've had many encounters with asshats of the vain type while riding bicycles in the same situation you were in...

I'm thinking he knew he was in the wrong and deliberately gave you misleading information to screw you over. The nerve of some people!

I hope everything works out in your favour.

E39 M5
mudmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 03:19 PM   #39
ACS_DAN
16/F/Cali

Send a message via MSN to ACS_DAN
Never try to Bargain with brown people... their just better at it =p.

Shitty deal, but in the end you did the right thing. Let insurance deal with it.

Keep Civil, don't do that name calling bullshit, it will just label you as immature.

95 530i|Modifications - Work.
ACS_DAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 07:08 PM   #40
TNation
Banned

replace his bracket.
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 10:51 PM   #41
zackman17
Banned

Thumbs up

i appreciate all of the advice and comments. i spoke with my insurance company. then sent me to a shop to get a quote they guy told me the rim can be sent to be refinished and fixed. he assured me it will match. also said they would probably have to get an alignment, im just going to have them buff out the scuffs. so im guessing about 350-450 in damages to my vehicle. that are going to be paid by his insurance HOPEFULLY once this gets sorted out. the shop i was sent too by my insurance company is by bmw toronto. there were 2 nice 07/08 bimmers in there and some other nice cars. to them for having a nice setup
Old 12-23-2008, 11:13 PM   #42
Arash
6th Gear Member

lol people these days!
Arash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:00 PM   #43
zackman17
Banned

Angry Follow up

So i haven't heard from my insurance company(the personal) since the 23rd of December Ive called 4rimes left numerous messages for the adjuster told her the only way she can reach me is on my cell. i spoke to someone said WTF is going on they said she is still awaiting the police report that i faxed to her a week prior. so i left her ANOTHER message telling her to call me on my cell asap.

no call!! so my dad gets back from BC the other night tells me i have a message sent on the 30th of DEC from my insurance company. i call my insurance company and they say we are looking up his case number we have put in a request we have no clue what company he is with. i was like are you kidding me he is with state farm What is taking soo long!. (it has been 14 days since the accident and they are only requesting the information now WTF i have it and i already gave it to them.

so on the 26th of DEC i missed a call from buddy's insurance company, wanting to kno details of the accident. I was waiting to talk to my adjuster because i dint see it being right in me talking to his company because my insurance company is technically representing me. so after i got off the phone with the personal i called his company to see what point they are at they tell me oh it has been decided that you are 50% responsible for the accident....WTFFF i said WOAHH hold on here he goes it's not open for discussion the case is closed.......

so my insurance company is so ****ing stupid and SLOW they don't even know this guys case number, and the other guy prob has his ****ing car fixed by now for **** sakes! So i hung up called my company freaked on them tore a strip off their ass. The lady who i was talking was pondering why this is taking so ****ing long for this stupid adjuster to file this claim. The fact of the matter is i am being held liable for 50% of damages. because this ****er lied and said he has a witness. thanks to my STUPID ****ing insurance company screwing me over because they are too stupid and don't know how to do a claim. i will be awaiting a call tmrw from this bitch who i have been trying to contact for weeks. and the shitty part is my renewal was 2 days ago im stuck with this horrible company for another year **** SAKES
Old 01-06-2009, 09:33 AM   #44
daytona
6th Gear Member

The main reason Im sticking with my broker is hes willing to go the extra mile to help me out,their rates arent the cheapest but the service I get from him is A+...always returns my calls within an hour even if hes busy,and always advises me on my options.I paid about $120 more a year than other quotes I got but its worth it when you need his help...
Old 01-06-2009, 10:37 AM   #45
Fel
Not Banned

That sucks man, insurance companies ftl...

Keep calling them, and escalate if you can. If this chick is not representing you properly, talk to her superiors and find out why. Maybe have someone else take over as your agent? Request new representation.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: