Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Audio/Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-21-2008, 09:30 PM   #1
Swerve
///Maquina

Jamo speakers, your opinions please!

Okay, so they're not car speakers, but there seems to be quite a few audiophiles on this board so I thought I'd ask!

I'm considering purchasing a pair of Jamo C607 speakers that I found to be very reasonably priced.

http://www.jamo.com/Default.aspx?ID=...roductID=17931

Anyone have experience with these? Like them? Hate them?

I will be using them in my condo for everything (TV, movies, music, etc) and will be powering them with a Yahama HTR 5750.

Mods: If you need to move this to Off-topic, I understand.

///M3 body | Painted kidneys | Hartge spoiler | DJ Autos+DDM HID, DRL delete, clears
Hartge Nova 3+Kumho Ecsta SPT / Hamann HM2+Kumho Ecsta ASX | Bilstein Sports, H&R Sports, KMAC plates, RE RSMs, Racing Dynamics sways, M3 RTABs | M3 Front Brakes
M3 Exhaust | Autothority chip | Cosmos v2+K&N | NGK Iridiums | E46 M knob | clutchstop | woodgrain delete | /////ALPINE, PPI, MB Quart
Swerve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:31 PM   #2
Romaz
5th Gear Member

I had a set of Jamo speakers a few years ago. That are excellent speakers but lack a bit of power at high vol. They would probably by my third pick aside from Cerwin vega and Bose.
Old 12-25-2008, 11:29 AM   #3
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve View Post
Okay, so they're not car speakers, but there seems to be quite a few audiophiles on this board so I thought I'd ask!

I'm considering purchasing a pair of Jamo C607 speakers that I found to be very reasonably priced.

http://www.jamo.com/Default.aspx?ID=...roductID=17931

Anyone have experience with these? Like them? Hate them?

I will be using them in my condo for everything (TV, movies, music, etc) and will be powering them with a Yahama HTR 5750.

Mods: If you need to move this to Off-topic, I understand.
I have a good friend that sells car/home audio stuff in Germany that I used to work for. He loved Jamo stuff for a while. Not sure how their quality is now, but they were good speakers!

I'd say if you can pick them up for a decent price you won't go wrong.
NOTORIOUS VR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 08:16 AM   #4
AceOfSpades
♠ ♠ ♠

...it sounds like walmart stuff
AceOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:27 PM   #5
maxevo
4th Gear Member

Simply Garbage , misses alot on the high notes and not very clear
Old 01-02-2009, 11:35 AM   #6
Swerve
///Maquina

I ended up buying these and am very pleased with them so far. I find them to be quite clear and very good in the midrange, but I may not have the ear others do for discerning what sounds good. Also, I don't have the buckets of cash so I tend not to spend too much time listening to higher end speakers.

These were a tremendous sound improvement over what I had before, so now I'm considering getting the matching center channel and subwoofer!

///M3 body | Painted kidneys | Hartge spoiler | DJ Autos+DDM HID, DRL delete, clears
Hartge Nova 3+Kumho Ecsta SPT / Hamann HM2+Kumho Ecsta ASX | Bilstein Sports, H&R Sports, KMAC plates, RE RSMs, Racing Dynamics sways, M3 RTABs | M3 Front Brakes
M3 Exhaust | Autothority chip | Cosmos v2+K&N | NGK Iridiums | E46 M knob | clutchstop | woodgrain delete | /////ALPINE, PPI, MB Quart
Swerve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 04:18 PM   #7
FuryriderX
cra.iX.y

i have a htr-5850 - its a fantastic amp, no complaints. used it for a dj gig with no issues, haha.

i built my own speakers - 2 6.5" midbass, single 4" mid, 3/4" titanium bullet tweeter for the sides, cabinets are 13 ply russian birch - center has 2 e30 premium speakers+tweeters (sounds surprisingly good, but dont put any bass through it - perfect for a center channel though), rears are 5 1/4 2-way units. sub is 2 10" woofers powered by a Kenwood component amp in a ported box i built myself.

i was blown away by the sound - for a homebrew system, everyone that hears it is thoroughly impressed.

sounds like you got some nice stuff though - i like the look of them

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: