Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-23-2008, 12:27 PM   #61
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member

20$ lasted me ~1.5 weeks in my standard e30 (6 cyl)

problem is...my gas light burned out and i had no idea...so i got stranded lol
Old 12-23-2008, 12:37 PM   #62
MiroE36
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gato Liso View Post
20$ lasted me ~1.5 weeks in my standard e30 (6 cyl)

problem is...my gas light burned out and i had no idea...so i got stranded lol
haha sucks... were you like WTF??? , look around, , ah crap...

lol i could so see that

MiroE36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 02:04 PM   #63
wax off
2nd Gear Member

I just hope they give it as an option, It's way too much fun to give up.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:39 AM   #64
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus View Post
What all cars are you refering to? Only the ford is 4wd. My wifes saxo is FWD and the buick is RWD. I dont have any other cars here at the moment. I did have other cars in the past but thats all i have at the moment.And even if all were 4wd what has that got to do with whether i prefer auto or manual????
And i did not disagree in anything you are saying. I just say that autos are chosen by two type of drivers. Those who prefer a lazier drive and those who simply cant drive manual.
As for 0-100 it was just a comparison i thought of! Besides if you think this is a bullshit threat then dont reply! We are merely discussing our opinions. Isnt this the point of a forum like this? No disrespect man but you got my point wrong! I am not dissing what choices people make. Its their on right to choose auto or manual. I just dont like automatics. People generally like to have things that may be useless (as an example all those SUV s that never see gravel or dust) but have the cool factor whether that is bling, size , power, or performance.
And as for the days of manual fun coming to end...if all of us thought like that we would drive 1.0Lt 3 cylinder diesel automatics and would be in a hippie "Lets learn how to knit" forum instead of a car enthusiast forum.

Well you are in a sense doing what everyone else in this thread is doing. Talking with your epeen. And dissing peoples choices.
"people that drive autos are lazy, or dont know how to drive manual"
"And as for the days of manual fun coming to end...if all of us thought like that we would drive 1.0Lt 3 cylinder diesel automatics and would be in a hippie "Lets learn how to knit" forum instead of a car enthusiast forum "

So youre basically saying is that people should drive standard first and foremost and if they aren't they suck. So how exactly is that a positive opinion/one you should be sharing? Is that not an epeen post? How is anyhting constructive coming from saying stuff like that? Its not.

Therefore like I said, these threads turn into epeen stroking threads about who is better with manual and how much mileage (mileage meaning how awesome their manual is, over exagerated by 1000%, then saying its better then an auto car) they can get.

So what if the counter to this was "People that drive Manual trans cars are just show offs that think they know how to drive?"

Again, its just epeen stroking, and looking for a fight, over and over again.

If youre driving following the laws of the road, driving a manaul vs. an auto = the exact same thing. You dont get more of anything from either or.

FInally, you can be a car enthusiast without being a manual transmission lover. A nice car is fun to drive regardless of whether its auto or manual. The car still boots it when you push the gas.

Any w/e I dont really care, I just dont like reading about how 1 is better then other becuase on their car they did so and so becuase its manual and better. The numbers dont lie.

Last edited by sirex; 12-24-2008 at 12:47 AM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 05:44 AM   #65
magnus
6th Gear Member

So if instead of lazy i had said people that are not inclined to exert themselfs and prefer doing things in a relaxed manner and with little effort. Would that have made my point clearer. People are getting lazier everyday. Its human nature. And as i drive an auto most days that includes me in the group too. Therefore am i dissing myself?
And the fact is that 80-90% of the people that drive autos do not know how to drive a manual as they ve never driven one.
How exactly is that a dissing statement. There will always be different opinions about everything and auto vs manual has been an ongoing discussion amongst car enthusiast since the start of use of cars..
As for numbers dont lie...... did you see what i posted earlier?
As i said earlier my choise would be an auto for commute and a manual for fun. Therefore i am not going against either!
No offence but you rushed to convince yourself i was wrong before you read everything correctly!

"Lo there do I see my father.
Lo there do I see my mother.
Lo there do I see my brothers and my sisters.
Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning.
Lo they do call to me
they bid me take my place among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
where the brave may live forever"

Last edited by magnus; 12-24-2008 at 05:47 AM.
magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:51 AM   #66
PedroBMW
Hooked on Boost

I'm not gonna read this entire thread but just want to clear up the following point, there IS a difference, the manual WILL get better fuel economy even with a similar shift schedule to the automatic. Please refer to my post on pg 2 of this thread for the reasoning.

And like you said, the #'s don't lie, from a strictly fuel economy standpoint, the manual transmission will be more economical than the automatic, refer to EPA testing data (or the consumer reports stuff that was posted is also pretty good), those are standard drive cycles, its an apples to apples comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
If youre driving following the laws of the road, driving a manaul vs. an auto = the exact same thing. You dont get more of anything from either or.

Any w/e I dont really care, I just dont like reading about how 1 is better then other becuase on their car they did so and so becuase its manual and better. The numbers dont lie.

http://www.foldingtrailers.ca
PedroBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:53 AM   #67
sirex
King Sirex

huh? what are you talking about? wrong about what? That you aren't using epeen and exageration to say that "manual is better"? Give me a break, this entire thread is about epeen stroking about how great individuals are with manaul "I got 1.5 weeks of gas with 20$ on my manual car manual is ubber!!11", yes okay, because the car was parked in the drive way for 1 week, then he took it out to tim hortons 2 times, and his car is awesome in gas. Really thats some great factual information about how awesome manaul is............

You just said it again. And thats all you keep doing, is repeating your self like a broken record. Seriously.

Its a freaking car, you drive it. Manual, Auto, it doesn't matter. Theres no difference. Get off your high horse about driving manual. There is nothign special about it. You are not lazy for driving auto. It doesn't make a drive easier. You need to pay the same attention to the road. And anyone who doesn't know how to drive manual, that doesn't make them a bad or worse driver. IT just means they didn't have a use to learn it. If they have to they will. Again dont get on your high horse, its not that hard to learn, it takes 20 minutes in a parking lot at most to figure it out, you assume or at least make it sound that people that dont know how to drive manual are idiots or something-sad that you think this way.

Thanks I didn't know that 0.1 litre per 100 km is a huge difference in economy. WOW thats something to brag about. Guys check it, Im wrong, every 1000km you save 1 litre of gas on manual! Shit thats some great economy there. Maybe if youre an awesome driver you save 2 litres per 1000km. ( Go look at the comparison tables that FEL posted for the MErcedes. Infact go to any car manufcaturer website and look at manual vs. auto for the new cars. WOW no difference, and in some cases you have to pay extra for manual. Wow. so you pay an extra few hundred bucks for manual, maybe more, that pretty much eats the money saved in gas hahahhahaha). only in cars where it comes with the package is it worth getting/ e.g youre not pay more for either or.

come up with some better reason for why manual is better... guess what, its not. Not anymore. 10, 15 years ago youd all be right. Today, the computer can beat all of you, and delivers more power. Thats the truth.

And tiptronic is just as fun to drive as manual. Ever drive a BMW with the top down with paddle shifters? Its the same fun as standard.

Last edited by sirex; 12-24-2008 at 09:07 AM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:27 AM   #68
325isdan
5th Gear Member

Quote:
huh? what are you talking about? wrong about what? That you aren't using epeen and exageration to say that "manual is better"? Give me a break, this entire thread is about epeen stroking about how great individuals are with manaul "I got 1.5 weeks of gas with 20$ on my manual car manual is ubber!!11", yes okay, because the car was parked in the drive way for 1 week, then he took it out to tim hortons 2 times, and his car is awesome in gas. Really thats some great factual information about how awesome manaul is............

You just said it again. And thats all you keep doing, is repeating your self like a broken record. Seriously.

Its a freaking car, you drive it. Manual, Auto, it doesn't matter. Theres no difference. Get off your high horse about driving manual. There is nothign special about it. You are not lazy for driving auto. It doesn't make a drive easier. You need to pay the same attention to the road. And anyone who doesn't know how to drive manual, that doesn't make them a bad or worse driver. IT just means they didn't have a use to learn it. If they have to they will. Again dont get on your high horse, its not that hard to learn, it takes 20 minutes in a parking lot at most to figure it out, you assume or at least make it sound that people that dont know how to drive manual are idiots or something-sad that you think this way.

Thanks I didn't know that 0.1 litre per 100 km is a huge difference in economy. WOW thats something to brag about. Guys check it, Im wrong, every 1000km you save 1 litre of gas on manual! Shit thats some great economy there. Maybe if youre an awesome driver you save 2 litres per 1000km. ( Go look at the comparison tables that FEL posted for the MErcedes. Infact go to any car manufcaturer website and look at manual vs. auto for the new cars. WOW no difference, and in some cases you have to pay extra for manual. Wow. so you pay an extra few hundred bucks for manual, maybe more, that pretty much eats the money saved in gas hahahhahaha). only in cars where it comes with the package is it worth getting/ e.g youre not pay more for either or.

come up with some better reason for why manual is better... guess what, its not. Not anymore. 10, 15 years ago youd all be right. Today, the computer can beat all of you, and delivers more power. Thats the truth.

And tiptronic is just as fun to drive as manual. Ever drive a BMW with the top down with paddle shifters? Its the same fun as standard.

I guess you have never had the joy of heal toe shifting nor the thrill of clutching up and kicking out the rear end or the rush from power shifting or just the pure pleasure of raking through the gears. Try that in an auto

I could squeeze out more gas mileage in a manual then an auto any day of the week.

Laslty you rearly ever pay more for an manual ( I personaly have never heard of someone paying more for one) you normally pay $1000+ for an automatic.

But don't get me wrong I would love to get my hands on a E36 M3 motor that was behind a auto since I know it hasnt been over reved, the only good thing about autos.
325isdan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 05:15 PM   #69
coolhand
Banned

I didn't know what u were talking about when u said rocking? Im like wtf would you want to rock ur shit. Now I understand that its cos of snow.

I don't know if this is rocking but my method of getting unstuck works pretty good.

Reverse and before you let go of gass hold break as hard as you can then while holding break put it into drive leg go of break and apply gas quickly but little then once it gets to the furthest most point you hold the break again hard and repaeat.

This has always worked for me accept 1 time when I planted my cavalier ontop of a snow bank and then nothing helps but digging.
coolhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 07:18 PM   #70
magnus
6th Gear Member

Quote:

What are you talking about? you somehow are turning this to a personal level. Where exactly am i getting on a high horse? Just cause i disagree? Get your head out of your ass and read. I am stating similar facts as others. And i am not being no different than others. I told you on my previous threat what i think and that is that ! You dont like it? the suck it up and stop bitching and being a child!
I prefer manuals for the reasons and use i mentioned and automatics for the different use and reasons i mentioned too.
And if you dont like the fact i or others do not agree with you then dont go in discussions!After all that is what a discussion is all about. Bringing different points and views in contrast! Relax!

"Lo there do I see my father.
Lo there do I see my mother.
Lo there do I see my brothers and my sisters.
Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning.
Lo they do call to me
they bid me take my place among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
where the brave may live forever"
magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 09:46 PM   #71
TNation
Banned

wow my thread was epic, and all I said was manual tranny's are a rare breed in NA hahahhaha
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 11:05 AM   #72
sirex
King Sirex

Yes, manual has a tiny amount of fuel economy over auto. You win. Manual is clearly better in all regards over auto.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:59 PM   #73
325isdan
5th Gear Member

Thank you for agreeing. Now if you tell 10 friends and then they tell 10 friends and they tell 10 friends.....
325isdan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 11:52 PM   #74
coolhand
Banned

For ****s sakes already please /thread!
coolhand is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: