Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-21-2008, 12:30 PM   #16
TNation
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Toronto/Calgary
Posts: 1,908


car looks mediocre to me
the drop looks good, but remember why spend all that money to mod a car that handles like ass is only 12k new?
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 02:44 PM   #17
magnus
6th Gear Member
 
magnus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Reykjavik
Posts: 3,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNation View Post
car looks mediocre to me
the drop looks good, but remember why spend all that money to mod a car that handles like ass is only 12k new?
No offence man but thats a silly statement to make on a car enthusiast forum. Why mod an e30 or e34 or an e36? Why mod any car at all as there is only loss and no gain financial wise. Besides allot of folks buy small cars (especially in Asian countries) because of space-economy-taxation reasons and modify them. That dont mean they need to have a reason to do so. For what it is i think this looks very nice and tastefully done without going over the top. If everyone thought as you do we would all be driving toyota camrys or Honda accords with no mods!
__________________
http://pics.livejournal.com/blblblblx/pic/000r554e.gif

"Lo there do I see my father.
Lo there do I see my mother.
Lo there do I see my brothers and my sisters.
Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning.
Lo they do call to me
they bid me take my place among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
where the brave may live forever"
magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 10:17 PM   #18
TNation
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Toronto/Calgary
Posts: 1,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus View Post
No offence man but thats a silly statement to make on a car enthusiast forum. Why mod an e30 or e34 or an e36? Why mod any car at all as there is only loss and no gain financial wise. Besides allot of folks buy small cars (especially in Asian countries) because of space-economy-taxation reasons and modify them. That dont mean they need to have a reason to do so. For what it is i think this looks very nice and tastefully done without going over the top. If everyone thought as you do we would all be driving toyota camrys or Honda accords with no mods!
nah man
for 12k you could get a car that actually handles good and looks good
Chevrolet Aveo isn't even a good platform to mod, thats my point.
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 03:25 AM   #19
magnus
6th Gear Member
 
magnus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Reykjavik
Posts: 3,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNation View Post
nah man
for 12k you could get a car that actually handles good and looks good
Chevrolet Aveo isn't even a good platform to mod, thats my point.
I agree with you and i must say it would not be my choise either, However there must be a reason he got it. Maybe its his wifes, kid, or something or maybe he just wanted a small economical car that would be new and cheap to run. Allot of people think that way!
Whatever the case you have to admit it looks pretty sexy!
__________________
http://pics.livejournal.com/blblblblx/pic/000r554e.gif

"Lo there do I see my father.
Lo there do I see my mother.
Lo there do I see my brothers and my sisters.
Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning.
Lo they do call to me
they bid me take my place among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
where the brave may live forever"
magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:15 AM   #20
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member
 
StikiGreenZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Milton, ON
Posts: 1,602
Send a message via MSN to StikiGreenZ
Nice car. Aveo or not, can't knock it.
__________________
-

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Range Rover Sport - Black on Black
StikiGreenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:49 AM   #21
Fel
Not Banned
 
Fel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Schomberg
Posts: 4,316
That's the nicest Aveo I've ever seen.... the wheel style suits it, and the drop finishes it.




....but it's still an Aveo.
__________________
Fel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015