Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-19-2008, 08:33 PM   #16
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots R View Post
jesus christ on a cracker
lmfao
NOTORIOUS VR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:35 PM   #17
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

I'm a DZ and I hate it when cars cut in front b/c they are faster and don't realize that trucks need more time to stop period. I once had a white knuckle event when I was heading south with an empty 20' straight truck on Hurontario and was turning right at or near Eglinton. Sat on the brakes a little too hard and felt the back end starting to slide. Fortunately I got off the brake and the truck regained traction. All I remember seeing was the light pole and thinking how messy the impact would have been.

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 12:25 AM   #18
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

brutal tonight driving the TL. I haven't driven it since probably say the summer and when I bought it, it came with summer tires and just told my dad when you get time grab some winter tires or its not going to be fun in the winter. Lo n behold, still on summers. Still made it to my cousins place about 30km away, but man was it hell. 40km/h all the way with no traction. First thing tomorrow, winter tires!
Jim .E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 01:51 AM   #19
prince1
on to the next 1

Send a message via MSN to prince1
Good luck finding them. Winter tires are hard to find right now and are really pricey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNation View Post
Yo man, I got $6000 in my bank account, and I could buy any car i want
Ya man with $6000 in the bank, you're really balling arnt ya
prince1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 02:01 AM   #20
MiroE36
6th Gear Member

I don't think finding will be the issue... but the price will the rough

MiroE36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 12:46 PM   #21
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiroE36 View Post
I don't think finding will be the issue... but the price will the rough
when it comes to safety, I dont care about price
Old 12-20-2008, 03:19 PM   #22
coolhand
Banned

Yea, trucks cut thru the snow better because of their weight if loaded but once they go into a skid its defenatly alot harder to control especially a semi.

I'm sure u seen it all but I seen a few too, like sillowette of a transport doing a 360 approx 500meters infront of me on 401 just west of Chatham. Endless trucks in ditch, during those storms last year I would see more transports in the ditch than cars but thats because 95% of the vehicles on road were transports because the connditions were so bad ppl in cars wouldnt dare to come out.

Once I was comming back from Kingston at like 12am or so and well the 401 was a sheet of ice that was getting rained on at the time. They closed it for 2 hours at one point as I was in park at the crest of a hill looking at the carnage get cleaned up, then in Napanee they tottally shut it down. Everyone was going left and traffic was backed up to shit cos another semi got stuck on highway 2 so I went right and right around everyone. Trucks were keeping a distance appart of atleast 500meters but I had doules at the time and the wind was behind me so I was able to maintain speeds of 80/100km/hr passing them semis. In those condidtions if a semi begins to skid its almost certain it will crash but when driving a car/truck that doesnt bend you have that window of opertunity to escape a skid if one should occur.

BTW the storms last year when you would hear the shit going on on the 401 East/West I was there on a daily baisis, from Ottawa to Cornwall to Windsor to Northbay to Fort Earie and everything in between. People think I'm a little loopy for saying this but I love the bad driving condidions, gives me a rush instead of the same old boring dry pavement.
coolhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 03:26 PM   #23
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim .E. View Post
when it comes to safety, I dont care about price
I remember you saying you are spoiled and don't work much and still in school.

Your above posts, make it seem like you bought the TL. If that is the case power to you, you need to teach me how to not work and be able to by a newer car.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:59 PM   #24
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
I remember you saying you are spoiled and don't work much and still in school.

Your above posts, make it seem like you bought the TL. If that is the case power to you, you need to teach me how to not work and be able to by a newer car.
I make websites from home, and work for a IT firm on weekends. The bulk of the money I make is during the summer working full time.

I'll refrain from saying bought as the TL is actually on a 72month finance.

And yea I'm spoiled, pops pays for insurance and plates for both cars
Old 12-20-2008, 04:24 PM   #25
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim .E. View Post
I'll refrain from saying bought as the TL is actually on a 72month finance.
6 yr finance for a used car or was it brand new? holy crap.
Old 12-20-2008, 04:32 PM   #26
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by A~G View Post
I don't really read these long stories, but I actually read every word. Don't let this eat away at you. Forget the 'what ifs'... nothing happened. I know its easier said than done, but you can't help the driving of others.

For one, we need a more challenging driver license exam. I personally know many people who have no business being on the road. Then again, some people are just ignorant.

Merry Christmas
exactly how does a more challenging exam stop someone from falling a sleep at the wheel? does it give them magic sleep or something?

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 07:23 PM   #27
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
6 yr finance for a used car or was it brand new? holy crap.
used - 2004 TL got it in March with 80,000 clicks. It's pretty expensive when taking into account the tax on the car and finance rate and what it comes up to in the end compared to paying all upfront. Never again.

Hopefully part out my Accord in the spring, give the TL to dad and grab a 04 WDP TSX 6spd.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: