Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-13-2008, 02:56 AM   #16
rider-.
3rd Gear Member

well if u wanna have a clean e30 wash often... if u wanna have an e30 with speedholes never wash... but yea if u wanna get into ur car easily im sure the rust will open up a big enough hole for you to squeeze in without even opening the door.... who needs keyless anyways right?
rider-. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 04:11 AM   #17
Euro_7
3rd Gear Member

washed mine last week before storing it in the garage. I went to Lowes bought a $40 heater and it did a pretty good job of heating the garage up. Then used the hose to rinse and warm water with the soap, wipe down and it didnt even freeze.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:19 AM   #18
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Hold on, WIFE? You are married? :0

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual-1 of 1 - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'04 Volvo S60R/6spd.:Nautical Blue/Gobi&Black
'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:. 1 of 8 SOLD
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 10:35 AM   #19
Oyster
4th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to Oyster
wash it in a touchless, go shopping where they have underground garage!
Old 12-13-2008, 12:04 PM   #20
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Washed my E30 every few days when I drove it in the snow. Just don't wash it when it's friggin freezing outside, Dr. Science.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 01:38 PM   #21
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
Washed my E30 every few days when I drove it in the snow. Just don't wash it when it's friggin freezing outside, Dr. Science.
Now that is CRAZY TALK!

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual-1 of 1 - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Toys
Old 12-13-2008, 03:42 PM   #22
Redster
Stuck In The 6th Gear

In the winter I mostly drive the navigator and wash it 3-4 times a week, whenever I take the 545 out I wash it as well, never had any problems.

Don't go to coin-op car wash, you need some way to dry the car, drive-thru washes do a decent job.

Well time to go for a car was now..
Old 12-13-2008, 04:34 PM   #23
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

I just go to a coin-op at odd times and use my sponge and absorber towel for a decent clean. Id on't see the problem if the coin-op is empty. Otherwise, it's tough to get a good clean up in the wintertime unless you're willing to pay approx $20/wash for an indoor handwash.
Understated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 04:23 PM   #24
spoony_prelude
Eurowerke

not true guys! when I had my e30 i learned the hardway, always wipe it down no matter how cold your hands get!!! as for the locks melting, im assuming most of you smoke. Get your lighter and warm up your key for a few seconds, put the key in the cylinder and wait a few seconds then youll see how itll open like butter!

I learned this after getting stuck inside my e30 once. i washed it and drove off. I got home opened the garage door backed in, tried getting out. Balls on my chin! doors were frozen aswell the windows! I tried opening the sunroof and to my luck it worked so out i crawled and left it there!!! but ya keep a lighter on you it'll help! trust me!

Jay
Old 12-15-2008, 04:25 PM   #25
spoony_prelude
Eurowerke

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover View Post
Hold on, WIFE? You are married? :0
Thats what i thought, unless your like many of my friends who call their gf's their wifey, wife,sehnorita..... I'll wait until the papers are signed before i say that! or next thing i know we break up and she has rights to my vert!

Jay
Old 12-15-2008, 04:33 PM   #26
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoony_prelude View Post
Thats what i thought, unless your like many of my friends who call their gf's their wifey, wife,sehnorita..... I'll wait until the papers are signed before i say that! or next thing i know we break up and she has rights to my vert!

Jay
I know what you are saying bro.
She can take my clothes, my savings(bah, I don't have any,), my TV and my computer, the condo and all the furniture, but she is NOT getting my M5 OR My range rover!

Toys
Old 12-15-2008, 04:57 PM   #27
spoony_prelude
Eurowerke

Quote:
She can take my clothes, my savings(bah, I don't have any,), my TV and my computer, the condo and all the furniture, but she is NOT getting my M5 OR My range rover!
Amen Brother! lol

Jay
Old 12-15-2008, 08:00 PM   #28
Robb
EX E30 M3 Owner

If your lock is frozen, get a cigarette lighter and heat up the key and then put it in the key hole...

Also, once in a while, use some silicone spray on the weatherstripping around the doors to prevent the rubber from sticking in winter.
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:05 PM   #29
Bavaria
Southern Beirut

Send a message via MSN to Bavaria Send a message via Yahoo to Bavaria
i washed mine at a coin wash last week before i sent it to bimmersport, coin washes do have high air pressure dryers, well the one i went to did...
looked clean when i was done with it
Bavaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 06:57 PM   #30
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
-My beater is a pretty clean 2dr iX, 5spd, which is rare, so i dont want it ****ed up. (its rust free)
-i already have the omega keyless for my car, the latch freezes, not just the lock.
-I want to wash the car because of salt.
-jay, its cold every day. (except this week, cause clearly i'm in the US and can't wash my car cause its in T.O. by the time i get back it will be freezing again i'm sure)

Quote:
Terry, i'm not married, i call my main girlfriend my wife. Girlfriends = many, wife = 1 (unless you're morman).

My cars are all in my mother's name, as they will stay. Only woman i will ever trust 110%.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: