Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name

Welcome to!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-19-2009, 11:08 AM   #16
peelin' not dealin'
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: aylmer, ontario
Posts: 74

if its your first court date ask for "adjournment to recieve disclosure" meaning they will push it back so that you can get all the evidence against you. or ask for a adjournment to receive legal council, in which case u can go to points or whoever
countrybimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:34 AM   #17
Dr. Flyview
Dr. Flyview's Avatar
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,401
That "option" was a waste of time, as they give you this deal anyway before court. My prosecutor was hot though.

1998 BMW 328is - summer
1992 Ford E250 Sportsmobile - daily
1993 BMW 525i - sold
1994 BMW 325i - sold
1992 BMW 325i - gone
1988 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-8V -

Dr. Flyview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:33 PM   #18
6th Gear Member
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,367
Originally Posted by slemmer View Post
Sounds like a tactic to push as many convictions through without listening to the bs.

Not really BS tho. the court offer you a choice and if you dont like the offer then you can present your case in court.

I was fine $140 plus surchage for speeding and I had a day in court and the judge reduced it to $90 plus with 3 demerit and I refused, so another day was setup.. I went and the case was thrown out for the cop did not show.

Sometimes fighting a speeding ticket is based on your luck, I bet everyone has a different story to tell.
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:30 AM   #19
on the roam
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 366
Originally Posted by gnome View Post
I chose to option 4 to meet with the prosecutor last week. Has anyone here done this before?
What a waste of time - had to be there early on a work day and wait for them to call my name. I went into a small room and the prosecutor had a checklist in front of her with all the names and pre-decided bargains.
Before I said anything I was offered a bargain to reduce the charge - I was hoping to explain my situation first ... then negotiate. This is not the case, they simply tell you up front "ok here is the deal, take it or leave it". I chose "no deal", and decided to go to court - without having a chance to explain my situation this came across as one-sided approach.

Looking for feedback and advice.
Woohoo, the charge was "quashed" according to the Judge's words. Went to trial, defended myself. My advice, show up early, check all documentation carefully, then listen carefully to all the conversations in the room before the trial; I found a loophole and raised it at the right time... "free to go" was the last thing I heard...
gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 12:29 PM   #20
6th Gear Member
M3speed's Avatar
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,397
Originally Posted by coolhand View Post
The justice of the peace will see that the charge was reduced so you dont have much luck unless the cop doesnt show up. Try postpoing it for as long as u can and maybe the cops will end up not showing up and if he does then say that its beyond the statue of limitations. Not sure how long it is tho for traffic violations.
this doesn't work if you are the one that keeps postponing it! that only works if it's the courts fault for taking more than 1 year in getting to your trial

if you are the one that keeps postponing it you cannot argue statue of limitations because you are the cause of the delay
M3speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 12:34 PM   #21
6th Gear Member
M3speed's Avatar
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,397
Originally Posted by vadim321go View Post
So i got a speeding ticket in the summer, now i have a trial in a few days. I want to postpone it since i cant have that day off work. How easy/hard is this to do? Any suggestions? The fine is not big only 40$ and no point. Please dont telll me to just pay it, since by paying it i automatically admit guilt and my insurance goes up.

Does any1 know a person/place that does this for a fee? xcoppers or something
good luck getting that reduced even more..if it's only $40 and no points it's not a big deal..the prosecutor most likely won't give you a better deal than that

but good luck dude..hope the cop doesn't show
M3speed is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2018