Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-05-2008, 09:31 AM   #1
daytona
6th Gear Member

Honda pulls out of F1

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/ad/afp-0812...prix_jpn_honda

This is not a surprise..all sports will be effected by the recession.Nascar is going to lose about 5 teams also I heard.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:34 AM   #2
europrince
6th Gear Member

Honda will return in the future, I'm sure!
europrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:36 AM   #3
MiroE36
6th Gear Member

hmmm, Honda is one of the larger corporations involved in F1 racing... I'm surprised that they would be the first to pull out... But then again, they are not quite successful. Could be an indication of things to come
MiroE36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:25 AM   #4
daytona
6th Gear Member

On a side note the CAW doesnt get it....this leader is going to drive GM/Ford to pull its jobs out of Canada and back into the states.Is he on drugs?

http://ca.news.finance.yahoo.com/s/0...ent-force.html

beggars cannot be choosers.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:29 AM   #5
Blades
Your opinion is to long

I know someone in Nascar and I can tell you all those racing sports are a big lose to the drivers and sponsors unless your on top. You will see lots of sponsors and drivers pulling out of indy, formula 1, nascar, and possibly GP bike racing.

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:18 PM   #6
King Luis
The King.

Send a message via MSN to King Luis
i also read that honda pulled out cause bernie and max are pushing for standardized motors and transmissions and bodies giving no reason to have a manufacturer a reason to back the team. also with the drop of the montreal gp honda loses a lot of supporters that they have in north america.

if the fia keeps pushing for the cosworth motors you'll see ferrari, mclaren, bmw, toyota and renault all drop out.

Sold:2004 Silver Gray M3
Mods: Dice Unit, EAS Angel Eyes, Painted Reflectors, CSL Diffuser, Smoked Corners, PSS10s, 15mm Front and 10mm Rear Spacers.

Gone:1990 Brilliantrot 325is
Mods: Alpine speakers and HU, Euro Projectors, Magnaflow Muffler, Euro Smoked Tails and GC Coilovers.
King Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:43 PM   #7
MiroE36
6th Gear Member

some may drop out but this will all fall back into place, so long as the demand is there
MiroE36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:31 PM   #8
spoony_prelude
Eurowerke

so what happens to everyone involved in that field of work? race car drivers flippin burgers at mc'ds?

Jay
Old 12-05-2008, 04:42 PM   #9
addbhp
3rd Gear Member

Agreed Bernie and Max are killing this sport, first by strictly picking locations based on new money, and with no true proven fan support, Countries like China, India, etc. Yes they have elite rich that attend these events, but not true fans where 120,000 people attend year after year (like Canada). 2nd buy designing tracks by computer, instead of looking at the landscape and making driver tracks.
3rd by changing the rules dramatically each year... hello, forcing new cars each year drives up development costs, more testing each year. And now standardized engines...come on can you see Ferrari in F1 with a Cosworth engine, or a Maclaren for that matter, I'm pretty sure there goes Mercedes support.

I'd have bet BMW would have pulled the plug this year if they hadn't have won a race this year. Toyota same thing, they improved enough this year to stick it out again.
2001 330Cic
addbhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 08:21 PM   #10
hadesm5
6th Gear Member

wtf... standardized engines.. if everything is standardized there won't be any innovation from competition. i think the manufacturers need to split from the fia and make their own organization

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: