Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > Private Classifieds Feedback
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-02-2008, 11:23 PM   #1
Bavaria
Southern Beirut

Send a message via MSN to Bavaria Send a message via Yahoo to Bavaria
Thumbs down Skydome Auto & Body Shop

worst place ever to go to, with my experience
went there to get a swap done, what ended up happening is the following:

they lost the MAF and i had to buy one to replace it.
lost hoses for the radiator
broke a fan blade
new tranny leaking
tranny slipping
front end of the hood was scratched up.
they installed the wrong MAF, and ICV from my older M20 onto the M50
like wtf...are you high when working on my car? or you just looking for some easy cash.
furthermore they didnt know how to do the wiring from the M20 to the M50, and thats with bimmersport sending them step by step instruction, in the end i had to take it to bimmersport to get this crap done, but i still have to take care of the tranny in like 2 weeks time which will cost me more money.

thanks skydome, for ripping me off.
I dunno if hes got noobs or some people walking off the street walking into his place to work on my car, but I will deal with them with a professional and lawful manner and have someone send them a fax soon.

I didn't want to post this but i got fed up with the number of crappy shit
Bavaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:32 AM   #2
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Sad to say, but seen this many times with other shops too, thats why i skip the headaches and go straight to Bimmersport when it needs to be done right!

Take them to small claims court, might be able to get some of your $$$ back...Loosing parts should not be your problem!!!
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4

Etobicoke location opening SOON!!!!

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:52 AM   #3
Bavaria
Southern Beirut

Send a message via MSN to Bavaria Send a message via Yahoo to Bavaria
it was at one point, but since the car with the M50 engine didnt have 2 front wheels charlie couldnt lift it, so we had to take it somewhere else, i went to charlie at first, and i will go to him again, he knows what hes doing, and hes also Lebanese like me
Bavaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:11 AM   #4
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Yeah, i know the story!
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4

Etobicoke location opening SOON!!!!

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:09 AM   #5
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

Don't understand why you had to buy parts they lost.

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'02 Regal LS
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:06 AM   #6
INFAMOU$
Automotive Puppeteer

Send a message via MSN to INFAMOU$
wow..
INFAMOU$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:10 AM   #7
Spoose
5th Gear Member

call the ministry on them. i do not think one person in there is certified or licensed. i've seen the place and would not trust them with my bicycle, what made you go to them?
Old 12-03-2008, 10:37 AM   #8
5JABIJ8
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavaria View Post
it was at one point, but since the car with the M50 engine didnt have 2 front wheels charlie couldnt lift it, so we had to take it somewhere else, i went to charlie at first, and i will go to him again, he knows what hes doing, and hes also Lebanese like me

Well considering that Skydome did you a favour because your "lebanese" friend did not want to get his hands dirty or have his employee spend time on that car and kept on dicking you around. If I were you i wouldnt be complaining. They did you a favour of working on your car from DAY 1 unlink Charlie's place where the car sat outside for 2 1/2 weeks for nothing! just because they were too lazy to move it on floor jack or maybe because it was not a M series so it was not worth touching...

Skydome had the car moved in same day on one jack. So really you want think about who really screwed you over. Of course your going to team up with your lebanese buddy because he's fueling your anger with you. I still don't think you should be complaining. It's Charlie that screwed you over

I know Im the one that referred you to Bimmersport and Skydome. But that is also the last time I deal with Bimmersport or BS. After this happend I told you to go to RMP or even European Kar but again you did not listen you just had to go back to the BMW Boutique where they are now telling you transmission is now Leaking and slipping.. Yeah so they lost a MAF BIG ****ing deal AT LEAST skydome did not treat you like shit... They worked on your car FROM DAY 1. As for the hoses are really ****ing kidding your crying over something that cost 10-25 a hose. I would replace all hoses when doing a swap anyways. You can call a lawyer or the ministry but the end result is your at fault. You paid and I bet you don't even have a recepit to prove any work they did so you lose. They can simply deny everything. Hell they can even say the car was never there. GOOD LUCK

Front end of your hood was scratched while it was at charlies and you know it.. You mentioned that to me in person so don't try to blame Skydome for that either.

Last edited by 5JABIJ8; 12-03-2008 at 10:44 AM.
5JABIJ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:25 AM   #9
Blades
Your opinion is to long

If a shop LOSES something they should be required to pay for it.

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:34 AM   #10
5JABIJ8
5th Gear Member

Im sure they had nothing to do with it. However car was parked out Bimmersport for 2 1/2 weeks just maybe do you think that someone may have helped them self to it???? Again don't forget Skydome brought your inside their shop from day whereas BS had it sitting outside so you tell me. Bavaria I understand your frustration. But your pointing your finger at the wrong people I dont know why when you told you me the samething in person but I guess you lebanese guys stick together.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:39 PM   #11
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
Skydomes a funny name.

Anyway, 5JABIJ8 do you work for Skydome?

Always interesting to hear both sides of a story.

Moreso when you are bored at work.

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:07 PM   #12
bimmersport
MaXsponsor

I did not feel the need to reply in this thread, but seeing what is being said I feel that now I have to.

To address the situation:

Bavaria's car was brought to us for an engine swap, opposed to our usual situation where we provide an engine for the customer the customer found his own. The deal between the 2 parties for the engine is OUTSIDE of our arrangement with my shop and Bavaria. Given that you are starting a business helping maxmembers Paul, it is no problem to help you out. Personally I do not think that you showed me the same philosophy. From back when you were buying a shell from a customer, you did not respect my time or the sellers time at all. Now bring that thought into our current situation, your car was brought to us without front suspension, no wheels, no tie rods, no control arms. Bringing the car in on a jack is no problem, but given how you wasted my shops time with your previous what was supposed to be a purchase (after stripping the car). After the engine comes out, given how unprofessional you showed me you are what do you think my thoughts are in terms of moving this car around (on a jack) given the time and space I have at the current moment on top of it I don't want it sitting outside waiting to be picked up who knows how long after Bavaria's job is done. Maybe your friends shop has room and employee's that have time to do all this but we don't. On top of it, the parts missing from the car were not lost or "borrowed" - as you mentioned by us at all.

The customers drivetrain was pulled out on schedule, the reason why it sat for 2 1/2 weeks is because of you. I seriously hope you don't expect me to bring in a parts car and keep it inside (and I guess we can just shove the other customer cars outside?). Bavaria's car was brought in, to be more precsise it was pushed in every night considering.We don't work on just ///M cars, and many of the customers from E30 325e to E92 M3 get treated the same. From oil change jobs to FI applications.

Being of the same nationality has nothing to do with the situation, and is quite insulting you would mention that. Do you think that I run my business treating different ethnicity's differently as pricing and customer service goes? RMP did not want to finish a half job, and neither did we. I even helped the other shop with wiring, and how the swap was done (and no, I did NOT ask for any money and was willing to help them out) but in the end they said they could not do it. I took the job in after because of the situation he was in - even before I was paid for even pulling it out like a week ago. Your lack of concern and involvement in your own business deals is what screwed my customer over. From this experience, to be honest you don't know how to run a business...you only cared about making your money in this deal with doing the least amount of work. Well, I can understand as time is money....but when you do business with other business' then you need to consider that from all ends not just your own.

If I were you Paul, I would seriously re-read your posts. If I were looking to do business with someone, your the last person I would trust. "Yeah so they lost a MAF BIG ****ing deal AT LEAST skydome did not treat you like shit" - so they loose a MAF, your right...big deal but seeing as how they didn't want to cover it, or even the "cheap $15-20 hose" (is it too much $ for them to swallow to keep him happy?) shows that it is a shop is not there for you after they get paid. It is funny how you share the same philosophy on that subject where as my business does not, and I am the bad guy here? On top of how you demonstated yourself here....the other things come to mind. All the excuses I got from you, and run arounds etc etc.

"You paid and I bet you don't even have a recepit to prove any work they did so you lose. They can simply deny everything. Hell they can even say the car was never there. GOOD LUCK" - REAL honest, trustworthy, responsible...they should be in the BBB for sure.

If you really meant you were sorry, like you told me on the phone then you wouldn't have posted any of this (to clean your image - only, I might add) and in turn making me post this as well.

In the end, the problem was between you ande Bavaria....unfortunately, I am caught in the middle...where I do not have time to be.

BIMMERSPORTAUTOMOTIVE
Specializing in BMW parts and service
905-670-9200

www.bimmersport.ca
bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:24 PM   #13
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmersport View Post
I did not feel the need to reply in this thread, but seeing what is being said I feel that now I have to.

Bavaria's car was brought to us for an engine swap, opposed to our usual situation where we provide an engine for the customer the customer found his own. The deal between the 2 parties for the engine is OUTSIDE of our arrangement with my shop and Bavaria. Given that you are starting a business helping maxmembers Paul, it is no problem to help you out. Personally I do not think that you showed me the same philosophy. From back when you were buying a shell from a customer, you did not respect my time or the sellers time at all. Now bring that thought into our current situation, your car was brought to us without front suspension, no wheels, no tie rods, no control arms. Bringing the car in on a jack is no problem, but given how you wasted my shops time with your previous what was supposed to be a purchase (after stripping the car). After the engine comes out, given how unprofessional you showed me you are what do you think my thoughts are in terms of moving this car around (on a jack) given the time and space I have at the current moment on top of it I don't want it sitting outside waiting to be picked up who knows how long after Bavaria's job is done. Maybe your friends shop has room and employee's that have time to do all this but we don't. On top of it, the parts missing from the car were not lost or "borrowed" - as you mentioned by us at all.

The customers drivetrain was pulled out on schedule, the reason why it sat for 2 1/2 weeks is because of you. I seriously hope you don't expect me to bring in a parts car and keep it inside (and I guess we can just shove the other customer cars outside?). Bavaria's car was brought in, to be more precsise it was pushed in every night considering.We don't work on just ///M cars, and many of the customers from E30 325e to E92 M3 get treated the same. From oil change jobs to FI applications.

Being of the same nationality has nothing to do with the situation, and is quite insulting you would mention that. Do you think that I run my business treating different ethnicity's differently as pricing and customer service goes? RMP did not want to finish a half job, and neither did we. I even helped the other shop with wiring, and how the swap was done (and no, I did NOT ask for any money and was willing to help them out) but in the end they said they could not do it. I took the job in after because of the situation he was in - even before I was paid for even pulling it out like a week ago. Your lack of concern and involvement in your own business deals is what screwed my customer over. From this experience, to be honest you don't know how to run a business...you only cared about making your money in this deal with doing the least amount of work. Well, I can understand as time is money....but when you do business with other business' then you need to consider that from all ends not just your own.

If I were you Paul, I would seriously re-read your posts. If I were looking to do business with someone, your the last person I would trust. "Yeah so they lost a MAF BIG ****ing deal AT LEAST skydome did not treat you like shit" - so they loose a MAF, your right...big deal but seeing as how they didn't want to cover it, or even the "cheap $15-20 hose" (is it too much $ for them to swallow to keep him happy?) shows that it is a shop is not there for you after they get paid. It is funny how you share the same philosophy on that subject where as my business does not, and I am the bad guy here? On top of how you demonstated yourself here....the other things come to mind. All the excuses I got from you, and run arounds etc etc.

"You paid and I bet you don't even have a recepit to prove any work they did so you lose. They can simply deny everything. Hell they can even say the car was never there. GOOD LUCK" - REAL honest, trustworthy, responsible...they should be in the BBB for sure.

If you really meant you were sorry, like you told me on the phone then you wouldn't have posted any of this (to clean your image - only, I might add) and in turn making me post this as well.

In the end, the problem was between you ande Bavaria....unfortunately, I am caught in the middle...where I do not have time to be.

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:44 PM   #14
INFAMOU$
Automotive Puppeteer

Send a message via MSN to INFAMOU$
What a disaster post this has turned out to be..

#1- I have delt with Charlie on a few occasions and this guy is awesome.. There is no way in hell that he would screw anyone over! He has helped me out many times over the phone with wiring and other troubleshooting issues I have had during motor swaps or whatever it is I was dealing with.. In return he asks me if i have some parts available for jobs that he is working on.. I am not a business I am just knowledgeable and do a lot of my own work, projects etc... I respect Charlie for being so personable and treating me like he is just like me (a guy who has a lot of knowledge that sometimes needs some help) and not just a big commercial shop that says.. "sorry i can't help you! But... if you want to bring your car in we'll look at it for you"... Bimmersport has been great to me with the few experiences we have had and the respect I have seen from Charlie and JB... I give it right back...

#2 (not in any order).. Paul... I have delt with you quite a bit as well and I am a little shocked to have read this post and how quick you are to take sides.. You are like me in many ways.. a haggler trying to get some deals and make a few bucks when you can.. I think I got your respect from day one and that's how we have managed to help each other out since.. Unfortunately something here has gone wrong but the strong words shown on this thread in my opinion are not going to solve anything.. Some of the story here seems to be missing and some respect was lost at some point between businesses and unfortunately this matter has become a match of finger pointing and name calling..
Paul, you're a great guy and I am sure whatever happened here can be solved amicably to avoid future confrontations like this.. The community here does a great job at helping each other out! Between Eurostyle, BS and RMP.. all these shops show great respect and all have their own clients and work to help each other out.. there should be no need for this..

#3.. To the O.P.... I am not 100% sure of what went on here.. but unfortunately it sounds like you had too many cooks in the kitchen with your car.. Everyone is going to have a different opinion and different shops have different levels of what they feel is "good service"... I am glad your swap did end up happening and that everything worked out..

#4.. My $0.02.... There are many shops out there and many different variations there of.. In my opinion right away a shop called something with "auto and body" at the end.. To me describes a place that doesn't SPECIALIZE in something... If you are a potential customer for somewhere go to the place that specializes with exactly what you're looking for... If you're selling an IPOD on ebay.. you're not going to list it in the Mens Jeans category just because it fits in your back pocket.. A "multi-trade" business is good to go to for the "basics" however, a specialty job would not be such a great place.. It would be like going to Home Depot for car parts.. They may have tools.. but they don't have the parts..
When you run a business and take on a job that you think you are able to do.. great.. but you shouldn't lead the customer on to saying you know exactly what you're doing when you don't.. I am glad that they managed to call for help when they knew they were stuck... that was pretty good of them.. Losing parts and not paying for them in unacceptable especially for something like a motor swap..
Long story short is that shit happens and it sounds like shit happened here.. Not everyone has a beautiful experience and unfortunately sometimes people are trying to save money and/or make money and corners get cut and quality of service falls.. This is why i do all my own work.. I might not know how to do everything at the beginning.. but i will learn it by the end.. I am a cheap bastard and abuse myself instead of paying others.. I am very thankful to people like Paul who supports me and helps me out as an individual and I am very thankful to shops like Bimmersport who respect my knowledge and abilities and do their best to help me out as well..
INFAMOU$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:11 PM   #15
5JABIJ8
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmersport View Post

Charlie you are absolutly right. I am truly sorry for what happen, also sorry for bringing up Ethnic backgrounds has nothing to with anything that's my own self just being an asshole.. I admit I am wrong for bringing that up.

Please note this entire deal went south as soon Bavaria bought the motor from me. I told him the terms and agreement before taking any money from him. Believe it or not but's him thats got us both on bad terms. I really hope you would understand that. Like I mentioned I am the one who recommended that he go to you in the first place.

As for Skydome Auto they specialize in Auto Body work not mechanical work Again I was just trying to help out bavaria and trying to get the ball rolling on the whole matter. After the motor and tranny were sold I should have not involed myself after that.. But that should speak for it self that I was still willing to help this guy out after the fact... I even had to buy front struts from Chuck's Auto put them on and later realized they were also wrong and had no tie rod ends. Bavaria is not mechanical inclined at all so I had to do this on my own outside your shop unsuccessfully. But I would like to close this whole story by again apologizing for me so vulger and rude when I should not have been. His car is ready and l hope we can move forward from this point.

I can ensure you that THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN. Now that I have my own shop and the right tools Motors/tranny's will be removed and delivered to a shop when shop or worker is ready to proceed with the work. I hope you understand my side of the story and frustration with Bavaria. BIMMERSPORT I AM SORRY

Last edited by 5JABIJ8; 12-03-2008 at 03:13 PM.
5JABIJ8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: