Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-05-2008, 08:41 AM   #1
spoony_prelude
Eurowerke

Bored out of my mind!

So im here at work, the site super (my boss) didnt come in. so i have the office all to myself. bored out of my mind. Who else here has a super boring ass job? Im thinking of leaving this crappy ass job. Im tired of being paid salary, Im getting paid every 2 weeks for 40 hours a week, but im putting in roughly 55hours. I was offered a apprenticeship by a plumbing forman here and i think im gonna go for it. Anyone else here on salary that hates it? My boss must love it, he leaves everyday like at 2:30 with some stupid excuse. either that or he just doesnt come and goes golfing instead, where as for me im here everyday all day!

Why couldnt i be born rich?
Jay
Old 12-05-2008, 09:43 AM   #2
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
I think you are being taken adventage by someone. Don't get me wrong , but that is like 60 hours extra in 4 weeks. If you had a part time job on a side that would be some decent income on a PT basis.

For today, why dont you order some food, get some nice dinner with a salad. Call up your girl, some making out and dinner if she comes. You know how the women are. If you hit her in the right spot, maybe you get lucky. That office becomes a massage room lol. Enjoy while you are young.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:43 AM   #3
MiroE36
6th Gear Member

salary is not bad man, you just got to work for the right people. I a junior auditor and get paid salary... most public accountants (working for the big 4) average about 60 hours a week and get paid $45k to start. Which sucks bigtime.
A word of advice tho, anytime your unhappy with work, change it up, hating your job never ends well for anyone. If its only the hours your upset about, work your hours and head home. Your boss can't fire you for not staying overtime when you are not required to do so (make sure this concurs with your employment contract if you have one). Also if your part of a union... your gravy.
MiroE36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:08 AM   #4
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

My job is 35hrs a week. I get paid hourly. It is boring as hell sometimes, but meh, rather this than working hard, back breaking labour.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual- Modded
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
Toys
'91 BMW 850i J Spec Modded
'88 BMW 635CSi Lowered
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig WILD RIDE
bmwm5lover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:12 AM   #5
Blades
Your opinion is to long

I rather be working then be jobless right now. No company would hire before Christmas because there to busy with things. Hold it out .. look for something in the new year off workopolis.

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:15 AM   #6
spoony_prelude
Eurowerke

^^^ im opposite terry i would rather do labour work which i was doing before this job rather then the shit im doing now, i could bring in a steady 1200 a week, which is why i built my car in one summer. Now i bring in less then that in 2 weeks. I think I am going to change up my job, everyone calls me crazy, cause I get to sit in the office all day. But hell id rather work hard and get paid well rather then dealing with manegerial stresses!!!

As for salary and hours, my boss says i need to prove myself. but wtf ive been here since march i never take days off or call in sick. and everyday i stay 1.5 hours more then i should! if i dont get a raise by christmas then im deffenatly out of here!
Jay
Old 12-05-2008, 11:25 AM   #7
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to StikiGreenZ
Why do you stay late? Is there not enough time during your 8 hour work day to finish up what you are responsible for? Maybe try working faster? If you're working at an acceptable pace and still can't finish working in 8 hours, tell your manager. Maybe they need to hire someone else to help out.

Either there's too much being asked or they figure they are paying you well enough (hard to tell without knowing your salary and what they expect of you).

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Range Rover Sport - Black on Black
StikiGreenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:41 AM   #8
spoony_prelude
Eurowerke

its not that i work slow, its im responsible for the site. most trades leave here around 3:30. So technically im supposed to be out on the site all day, then when they go home i come in the trailer and do my paperwork, but since im tired of this shit, i mostly stay in the trailer all day and do the paperwork. its bullshit but my boss thinks its fair. Sure hes making 150gs a year and leaves everyday at 3:00pm. If i was to do that he would start acting stupid ohh this is your responsibility b.s.

Jay

... I need a vacation! lol
Old 12-05-2008, 12:02 PM   #9
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoony_prelude View Post
its not that i work slow, its im responsible for the site. most trades leave here around 3:30. So technically im supposed to be out on the site all day, then when they go home i come in the trailer and do my paperwork, but since im tired of this shit, i mostly stay in the trailer all day and do the paperwork. its bullshit but my boss thinks its fair. Sure hes making 150gs a year and leaves everyday at 3:00pm. If i was to do that he would start acting stupid ohh this is your responsibility b.s.

Jay

... I need a vacation! lol
so you work at a construction site doing the paperwork? if your responsible for the site and most people dont leave til 3:30 i see how you arent getting the paperwork done. i say you talk to your boss/manager
Jim .E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:51 PM   #10
Arash
6th Gear Member

I got in a huge argument couple of days ago with one of our site supers. he's so lazy, never does his job right!
Arash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:45 PM   #11
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoony_prelude View Post
^^^ im opposite terry i would rather do labour work which i was doing before this job rather then the shit im doing now, i could bring in a steady 1200 a week, which is why i built my car in one summer. Now i bring in less then that in 2 weeks. I think I am going to change up my job, everyone calls me crazy, cause I get to sit in the office all day. But hell id rather work hard and get paid well rather then dealing with manegerial stresses!!!

As for salary and hours, my boss says i need to prove myself. but wtf ive been here since march i never take days off or call in sick. and everyday i stay 1.5 hours more then i should! if i dont get a raise by christmas then im deffenatly out of here!
Jay
I will be honest with you. Take as you please, but this is what my father has thought me and what I've observed myself.

The reason I am taking my dads words for truth, because he went from chief accountant for the largest company back home(plyaing cards all day and getting paid more than the president of the country, firgure that one out), to doing construction adn starting at the bottom of the ladder, since no company wanted to give him a shot as an accountant, because his english is not the greatest, although he completed many levels of CGA.

He makes really good coin right know as a licensed electrician in a union company. He makes alot more than I do a year, and he hates it everyday, has aches and pains, and deals with idiots on a daily basis( apprentices who are lazy, journey man that don't know anything, lay offs, etc. )

I can start in the industry tomorrow if I wanted, as a plumber/electrician/drywaller, w.e I want, and probably within a few years I will be making more than I am now, however, he has askd me, if it is worth to me? Money is really not everything. One has to consider their health, future, and how they will be in 15 years from now.

The constrution business will slow down tramendously in the near future, and then what? You go from making great money to making half on unemployment insurance. You work in the cold, in the hot, you cut yourself here, you hurt your back there, you get a wire to go in your eye, etc, OR you can make a little less, dress nicely to go to work, be cool in the summer, and hot in the winter. Better yet, I have a friend who began as a plumber(his g/f brother got him in, might even be union), and he HAS to go to bed early at night, to be able to get up early the next day so he has the strenght to run around again, he is tired.

Me (maybe you too), I get home and I am like ok, what should I do now? Where should I go? What movie should I watch until all hours of the night?

Just really think about that, I am sure you will come up with the best decision for your self, and ultimately, as long as you are happy, then that is all that matters, but you don't want to have kids in a few years, and be too tired from work to play with them until 10pm at night.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual- Modded
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
Toys
'91 BMW 850i J Spec Modded
'88 BMW 635CSi Lowered
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig WILD RIDE
bmwm5lover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:10 PM   #12
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

You've only worked a few months and expect the top or close to the top spot? Not everyone are born with a silver spoon in their mouth. There are '000s of folks out of work. There are '000's of folks working @ minimum wage and below and cranking the hours. Sounds like you may hate your boring job, but is seems fair in respect to what you're getting paid. Working overtime and putting in the time is part of the job whether it is mentioned or not. If you have that attitude of being bored and want to change, ask yourself how many times you want to jump from to job to job. I manage folks at my place and I hate clock watchers. Do what you gotta do to get the job done. Whining doesn't help; seeing results does.

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:10 PM   #13
dannyb
4th Gear Member

so bored, noone except the consultant that sits in the same office came in. Cant leave because he will probably tell my boss. Sitting here waiting for the day to be over. Typical friday.
dannyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 04:12 PM   #14
Fel
Not Banned

Boredom at work is pretty much my daily routine.... it's why I'm on here so much during the day!
Old 12-05-2008, 04:22 PM   #15
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

maybe europrince can get you one of those exciting stapler refilling jobs down on bay street

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: