Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-03-2008, 09:52 AM   #16
rendered
6th Gear Member

you guys give in too easily! Always fight your tickets no matter what they are! Any lawyer or agent will tell you this! It is always your right to have a fair trial! And we pay enough taxes as is!!! It will back up our court systems so badly they will either take too long to give you a trial and you can easily win on those grounds you were not untitled to a speedy trial or half the time it will not goto trial! And you win automatically! Most authorities I deal with show up to court with no evidence in the past and my case gets dropped right away and I win. It happens to a lot of people. So moral of this story, is always take any ticket to court!! Good luck man! Don't pay that shit! File a trial date! It's your time well spent to save $250
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:46 AM   #17
v_bimmer
Jailbait FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendered View Post
you guys give in too easily! Always fight your tickets no matter what they are! Any lawyer or agent will tell you this! It is always your right to have a fair trial! And we pay enough taxes as is!!! It will back up our court systems so badly they will either take too long to give you a trial and you can easily win on those grounds you were not untitled to a speedy trial or half the time it will not goto trial! And you win automatically! Most authorities I deal with show up to court with no evidence in the past and my case gets dropped right away and I win. It happens to a lot of people. So moral of this story, is always take any ticket to court!! Good luck man! Don't pay that shit! File a trial date! It's your time well spent to save $250
+++10000000000000000
Old 12-03-2008, 01:22 PM   #18
ara325
holy old school...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
you should not park in a no parking zone, ohh wait you drive a BMW, you can park where ever the **** you want.
lol...damn skippy!!

Really tho, if my fire alarm goes off and ur parked in the fire zone, i won't feel bad if they run the fire hose through your driver & passenger side windows...i might actually laugh and say "sucka!"...there's a reason it's a $250 fine!! There's more than enough visitor parking in that area.

Pay the fine and stfu...lol

ethirty
ara325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:30 PM   #19
TNation
Banned

fight it.
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 07:00 PM   #20
coolhand
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendered View Post
Although no on mentioned it I'm sure that this is common sence.
coolhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 07:11 PM   #21
Gamite

Fight the ticket, there is a chance that you won't get a date at all and it'll get thrown out. If there is a court date, you can plee that the sign was not visible enough. Take pictures of the area where you parked. $250 is a lot of money, if you have the time, then fight it. There is a slim chance, but it is a chance none the less.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:18 PM   #22
summit425
Alpine White

thanks guys
summit425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:27 PM   #23
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
and always, always, ALWAYS put that you're going to challenge the officer's evidence. It doesn't get sworn in otherwise (The officer is not purjuring himself by lying in his notes about the ticket before he submits them to the court, because he's not in court to swear that his notes are accurate and have not been edited).

Plus, waste cops time. As many of them are in court, that many aren't on the street giving me tickets.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black, ohlins, pazzo, graves
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:21 PM   #24
Arash
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamite View Post
If there is a court date, you can plee that the sign was not visible enough. Take pictures of the area where you parked. $250 is a lot of money, if you have the time, then fight it. There is a slim chance, but it is a chance none the less.
that won't work. I had a similar case, they told me that if I have done the G1 test I should know where is a fire route, no need for a sign.
Arash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:57 PM   #25
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

I parked in an Oakville arena for an 11pm hockey pick up game. Came out and saw a ticket on the windshield. Thought who would park in a handicap spot at 11 pm in the night (fail). Went to court and they threw it out. Whew!

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:07 PM   #26
Finn
2nd Gear Member

I got a ticket on the end of my driveway for parking parallel to the sidewalk and street because the front tires were touching the grass - "Parking on Boulevard - $15".

I paid up with 1300 pennies and 40 nickels all loose and mixed up in one extra large ziploc bag.

The bylaw office manager was not impressed....................it took her nearly an hour to count it all.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:12 PM   #27
salocin111
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn View Post
I got a ticket on the end of my driveway for parking parallel to the sidewalk and street because the front tires were touching the grass - "Parking on Boulevard - $15".

I paid up with 1300 pennies and 40 nickels all loose and mixed up in one extra large ziploc bag.

The bylaw office manager was not impressed....................it took her nearly an hour to count it all.
Yeah right... It took them an hour to count $15.00 worth of change? B.S. I suppose she needed her fingers and toes to count that high too. You can fit $15 in change in a sandwich bag. You don't need an "extra large ziploc bag".

Last edited by salocin111; 12-22-2008 at 10:14 PM.
salocin111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:13 PM   #28
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn View Post

bwahahaha!!!! Thats awesome.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:22 PM   #29
BlitzSix
6 Speed

Send a message via AIM to BlitzSix Send a message via MSN to BlitzSix
1) Get a court date, say that you'll challenge evidence, that you want the officer there etc. For a ticket this high, I'm 95% sure you're going to get a date.

2) Show up in court, if the officer isn't there it's dropped. If he is there, the prosecutor will offer for you to plead guilty for a LARGE reduction in fine. I'm guessing they will make you pay less than $100 if you take this option. Unless you have VERY good proof (ie sign is broken/missing/etc), take that option. If you actually have a trial (ie you plead not guilty on your court date), and you lose, you won't have any option to take the reduced fine. You will have to pay $250, so again, don't do this unless you're 95% sure you'll win.

3) ???

4) Profit.

Don't just pay it, the WORST case scenario is that you'll save $150, the best case is that it's dropped and you save $250. Unless you're a real baller, I'm sure it's worth it to take a couple hours out of your day to save that amount of money.
BlitzSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:33 PM   #30
MiroE36
6th Gear Member

MORTAL COMBAT!!! (fight it)

MiroE36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: