Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-28-2008, 01:58 PM   #16
europrince
6th Gear Member

Best buy is probably your best bet.
europrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 08:06 PM   #17
GRP
2nd Gear Member

golden electronics...No tax ask for Benni hwy 7 and bayview(a hair North) best deals in town everytime..
GRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 09:56 AM   #18
daytona
6th Gear Member

Hell of deal for a 52"

wasnt really interested in buying a LCD this year but this deal is amazingly hot.

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/s...d.php?t=665899
Old 11-29-2008, 11:06 AM   #19
Boots R
Boots, not boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona View Post
wasnt really interested in buying a LCD this year but this deal is amazingly hot.

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/s...d.php?t=665899
You have until tomorrow when the sale ends, so you better hurry.

but just FYI:

Quote:
Had this tv for about a month a while back. Returned it for a refund (costco purchase) BTW, this is last year's mid-range 1080P model.

Black levels are really not good, at all. Image is always washed out and has severe black crush. Watched alien vs predator on the set, which is admittedly quite dark. I feel like I still haven't seen the movie, it was so hard to see anything. Couldn't find any settings that helped.

Furthermore, this is one of those sets that had the green push issue (image always has a green tint, no matter what). Would definitely need professional calibration with this one.
This is what another poster had said about this TV
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 11:41 AM   #20
daytona
6th Gear Member

my buddy drop by,looks like a good tv,the items are new but they are not a authorized dealer.If you not tight ass about the best PQ this is a good tv and excellent price for a 52".The colors are OK..no banding..the darks are a bit lighter than the newest LCD but it could be the source rather than the TV in display..no refunds.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:56 PM   #21
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member

I love how people say "stay away from LCD" or "stay away from plasma". It's fairly obvious these folks don't know what they are talking about.

Different environments, different use, will dictate what you should get.

I use my 50" plasma in a room that is dark 90% of the time, so I don't need the extra brightness of an LCD. I prefer the extra colour depth that plasma offers.

I have an LCD in the bedroom, where light shines in like nobody's business. There, the LCD is perfect and needed.

2007 Z4 3.0si
Deep 3.2TL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 09:08 PM   #22
golden
Doesn't have a car.

to be honest, im pretty much going to buy the tv that looks the best... im sure they all have pretty decent picture quality.. or at least good enuff for me
Old 11-30-2008, 02:38 AM   #23
TNation
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga View Post
www.redflagdeals.com look there, you might find some kind of a deal.
great spot to find deals!
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 03:49 AM   #24
coolhand
Banned

http://reviews.cnet.com/televisions/

Great spot for reviews bitches.
coolhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 05:09 AM   #25
betmen
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redster View Post
50" Plasma for $999, not bad.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/prodde...52&catid=23249

The longer you wait the less you'll pay but how long can you wait
50" plasma, and 720p? HA!

Put that shit away and save 999.
betmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 08:16 AM   #26
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

you need to find one of those guys that sells flat panels out of the back of his escalade, those are always the best deals. I remember seeing a guys parked in downtown Guelph with a white escalade that was full of "home theater in a box" systems. People were showing up with cash and walking away with a home theater system.

...so sketchy lol
Old 11-30-2008, 08:27 AM   #27
johnoz
/OO=[][]=OO\

Best place to buy an LCD or plasma TV is where they have a full return policy since buying a TV (with proper quality control) seems to be a draw of lack. LCDs suffer from common backlight bleeding, clouding and bands problems and picking a right one up is almost finding a needle in the haysack.

I never touched plasmas due to weight, reflection and their power consumption but they also seem to come with 'extras' if not picked carefully.

I bought a 32" Samsung LCD for my mother's bedroom as a birthday gift for her last month and had to go through 4 returns to get a decent one. On the other hand I bought the same TV for my bedroom and on the first one it was good. So savings of $50-$100 may mean you are stuck with a TV with some annoying defects in the long run. Bestbuy and Future shop can also give you the 10% of the difference for 30 days if you find it advertised elsewhere.

Sony 40" 1080P $899 free shipp. the Source
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/s...d.php?t=666516

Last edited by johnoz; 11-30-2008 at 08:33 AM.
johnoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:07 AM   #28
dtthiaga
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhand View Post
Boxing day is a scam for companies to get rid of the shit they couldnt sell throughtout the year because its over priced or a shit product. The best time to save on a quality product is within 2 weeks or so of christmas when the competition is hot.
There were many "Current" 32" LCD TV's for example, selling for $200 off regular (SONY) during Christmas, and then dropped another $50 for boxing day sale. This was all last year. $250 off is a pretty big difference on a $900 TV.

Boxing day sales, you have to pay close attention the to the model number of the TV, and features. Often, the new model, isn't much better than the outgoing, and saving $900 on a 46" LCD Sony isn't bad.

Do your research.
dtthiaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:57 AM   #29
daytona
6th Gear Member

We picked a Sharp 46" last year at FS that was a pricing error,it normally sold for $2600,it should have been marked down to $2200 at most,we got it for $1450!!!..before FS found out a hour later we placed an order and they honor it!!!...Redflag bi%$ch also got a few of the purchased honored but a lot didnt.Just recently picked up a Jawbone II for $49 at SigElectronics,again a priced error (should have been $89 at least) they honored it too!!.again 20 minutes later they pulled the ad.Being a internet doob helps finding deals and timing is everything.Best time to start searching for the nite hawks is about 2-3 am,thats when the webmasters starts to slowly enter the price info.Good luck all.....
Old 11-30-2008, 12:17 PM   #30
Redster
Stuck In The 6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_M5 View Post
you need to find one of those guys that sells flat panels out of the back of his escalade, those are always the best deals. I remember seeing a guys parked in downtown Guelph with a white escalade that was full of "home theater in a box" systems. People were showing up with cash and walking away with a home theater system.

...so sketchy lol
He still does it, always latest models

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: