Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-26-2008, 07:00 PM   #16
Robb
EX E30 M3 Owner

we gotta find a way to ship our garbage to outer space or Mars etc etc !
or even ship it so that it burns in the sun LoL
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 08:52 PM   #17
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb View Post
**** that, it stays on earth. we have MORE than enough space.

Look at Brazil, they burn their waste and create fuel.. Look at Italy, they have a waste problem because of the corrupt mafia that runs the government. Look at Canada, the second largest land mass in the world, and those pencil pushers in the City Hall laugh at all of the "immigrants" living in Toronto, hoping we take more, and more, and more ass raping, without making a squeak!! Why the **** not make it a Federal law? Since when does the city has the power to do this bullshit? To laugh in the face of the hardworking middle-class taxpayers?? I thought the city's job is to shovel the ****ing roads and take away my ****ing garbage? My tax money goes to this and it makes me very sick to my stomach!!

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform

Last edited by BMW_7; 11-26-2008 at 08:54 PM.
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:06 PM   #18
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

This makes me god damn angry! I want my plastic bags!

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual- Modded
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
Toys
'91 BMW 850i J Spec Modded
'88 BMW 635CSi Lowered
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig WILD RIDE
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:11 PM   #19
AceOfSpades
♠ ♠ ♠

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_7 View Post

AceOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 10:05 AM   #20
Fel
Not Banned

Quote:

Look at Brazil, they burn their waste and create fuel.. Look at Italy, they have a waste problem because of the corrupt mafia that runs the government. Look at Canada, the second largest land mass in the world, and those pencil pushers in the City Hall laugh at all of the "immigrants" living in Toronto, hoping we take more, and more, and more ass raping, without making a squeak!! Why the **** not make it a Federal law? Since when does the city has the power to do this bullshit? To laugh in the face of the hardworking middle-class taxpayers?? I thought the city's job is to shovel the ****ing roads and take away my ****ing garbage? My tax money goes to this and it makes me very sick to my stomach!!
lol... you're such a tard you know that?

Do you believe what you say, or are you just putting on a show for us?
Old 11-27-2008, 10:42 AM   #21
sirex
King Sirex

alot of citys burn garbage to create power. Infact they do it in hamilton or brampton if im not mistaken (cant remeber which). Its pretty simple. You burn garbage, it creates heat, heat boils water, makes steam and turns a turbine generates electricity. The only reason why they dont want to do that is because the only side effect is that it does create a bit more pollution - especially when burning plastics.

However, filtration systems have gotten good enough that they can remove most of the fine particulate matter and other toxins that are released when this shit is burned. Obviously there will be some smoke that wont be nice tasting, but the positive is that u wont have landfills- which I think are worse because the run off/etc, and pollution from that ****s up alot more area then burning it.

Not to mention how much garbage was Toronto trucking to michigan? Imagine how much diesel we were burning to do that? Retarded.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:49 AM   #22
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

why can't they use plastic trash bags that decompose? I've seen those around about 20 years ago - sure higher cost (green theme money grab) but it's doable. Those supermarkets better have a tighter control on their shopping carts. Sounds like those will be used to truck the goods home then left abandoned on the streets.

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 10:50 AM   #23
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel View Post
lol... you're such a tard you know that?

Do you believe what you say, or are you just putting on a show for us?
I know you're a tree hugger but I just don't swing that way bro

Old 11-27-2008, 11:04 AM   #24
Fel
Not Banned

Quote:
I know you're a tree hugger but I just don't swing that way bro
Difference between being a tree hugger and being right.

Old 11-27-2008, 11:13 AM   #25
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

they need to sell Avoska! Back in Russia it was used for 50 years, best thing ever, very strong and roomy lol

Old 11-27-2008, 11:37 AM   #26
dtthiaga
6th Gear Member

Quote:
****ers. what the **** am i supposed to throw my trash in??????

im not paying 5 cents to throw trash away!

im gathering a bunch of boxes and throwing everything (banana peels. egg shells, meat, bottles, paper) into the ****ing garbage chute. ****, i dont care if it makes a mess. Luckily the garbage chute is right across from my door i can even have it in open position and play basketball with the garbage.

i want my goddamn plastic bags!
Just a heads up, if you use boxes, make sure you don't have any address labels on the box that would tie it back to your unit.

If it gets stuck in the chute, they will track you down.

I saw a note in a Condo recently of an incident; the resident got charged for stuck boxes in the chute. Sorry to digress.

I too am really starting to hate the rules put in place in Toronto, and Ontario. It proves you donít have to be smart to lead.
dtthiaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:52 AM   #27
e30jones
3rd Gear Member

They have reuseable bags already. Just that most people are too lazy or forgetful to bring them to the store when they shop. So now if they have to pay 5 cents for a bag, they might just remember to bring the bag that they have already paid for.

Incenerators would be a good idea to dispose of waste, but I'm pretty sure that the ash that they create is 10x more toxic than the garbage they burn. This ash has to be disposed of in a landfill, and although it will save room, it's much more difficult to deal with.

The problem with plastic bags is that even though they are recyclable, there is not a good market for their repurchase. And those that get thrown out, never decompose. I worked at a landfill as a heavy equipment operator for a summer job. Trust me, I have seen excavated garbage that was over 30 years old, looked like it was garbage from last week.

I am all for the 5 cent bag fee, it should be done everywhere. It seems like the only way to effect change is to hit people where it counts, their pocketbooks.
e30jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 01:19 PM   #28
Trouble65
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstalin View Post
they should just ban plastic bags
+1 in my books.
Trouble65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 01:19 PM   #29
Trouble65
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG_POWER View Post
they need to sell Avoska! Back in Russia it was used for 50 years, best thing ever, very strong and roomy lol

I remember those.
Trouble65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 01:49 PM   #30
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtthiaga View Post
Just a heads up, if you use boxes, make sure you don't have any address labels on the box that would tie it back to your unit.

If it gets stuck in the chute, they will track you down.

I saw a note in a Condo recently of an incident; the resident got charged for stuck boxes in the chute. Sorry to digress.

I too am really starting to hate the rules put in place in Toronto, and Ontario. It proves you don’t have to be smart to lead.
meh...

What I meant was, when I do grocery shopping (which is, mind you, a block away from my place). Before they started charging me for stupid bags I used to happily walk there for my gorcery shopping. Now, I will have no choice but take the car (how do you like that environmental faggots), and take those giant boxes in an isle. Then I will carry that food home and all the waste will go in this box. Then I will dump all the trash, from the box into the garbage chute, flatten the box and shove it down as well.

done.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: