Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > FAQ
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-07-2003, 09:30 PM   #1
simmo
3rd Gear Member

how do i get the plstic cover off the instrument dials

iam going to put new coloured dials in my bimmer how do i get the plastic cover off the instrument panel ,speedo ,rev counter,fuel gauge ,temp gauge
i now theres two screws at the top and you have to pull the instrument cluster out to one side, but what next ???
Old 03-07-2003, 09:51 PM   #2
windsor318is
Nitrous Junkie!

you have to pull the hole thing out. to start remove steering wheel. then remove the cover at the bottom of the steering wheel (cover for wiring is) you will see one screw on each side. then you can remove all visible screws. once you get it out its a piece of cake
Old 03-11-2003, 06:06 AM   #3
Miguel
...Delt Smash

Quote:
Originally posted by windsor318is
you have to pull the hole thing out. to start remove steering wheel. then remove the cover at the bottom of the steering wheel (cover for wiring is) you will see one screw on each side. then you can remove all visible screws. once you get it out its a piece of cake
On E34s you can take it out without removing the steering wheel.
remove the screws, slide it forward and then tilt it down onto the steering wheel. Turn the wheel to the side and pull it out.. it may take a while but you'll get it. Also, I hope you dont think its as easy as swapping the bulbs... the bulbs are white. check www.bmwe34.net for info.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: