Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-27-2008, 05:19 PM   #16
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
^^you noticed better throttle response even with the ASC+T still installed?
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 05:48 PM   #17
328is
tire don't like me

yep !

I liked it so mutch that i think it will be my first mod on my new car
Old 11-29-2008, 01:46 PM   #18
korne30
1st Gear Newbie

thanks a lot guys lots of great suggestions i'll make a post after i get some mods done thanks again
korne30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 02:38 AM   #19
r1_freak
2nd Gear Newbie

Quick question, where is the best place to shop for aftermarket parts in the Hamilton area ? Looking for rotors, pads, full suspension, tower strut etc....

I am new here, and just looking for some local help if possbile ? Thanks !
r1_freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 04:47 AM   #20
doogee
Stance is Gay.

Send a message via MSN to doogee
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1_freak View Post
Quick question, where is the best place to shop for aftermarket parts in the Hamilton area ? Looking for rotors, pads, full suspension, tower strut etc....

Nice to have more people from Hamilton around. What did you buy?

Your best bet is to buy online. It would be pretty hard to find parts for these cars in Hamilton. I don't know if anyone else has any ideas.

98Dinan3 is from Hamilton as well and he knows everything haha.

But if you want aftermarket, check out some of these companies online:

Turner motorsport
UUC Motorwerks
DDM Tuning
Understeer.com

There are also a ton of shops in Canada, just look in the sponsors section.

Dakar M3 Track Build Thread
doogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:18 AM   #21
DANIMAL
TYRE ETR

Quote:

There are a few shops in or realitively close to Hamilton.

Shops in Hamilton:
Northern Performance <--Expensive but good. (Parkdale, One Industrial block North of the train tracks)

Focus Rims and Performance <-- cheap but guys there are stupid, regardless of the fact the owner has an e36. (Stonechurch, southwest side of the intersection @ Upper Ottawa. Know what your looking for if you go in.

Performance Improvements <-- Expensive, mostly only domestic parts. Have to wait for nonasian import parts. Clerks dont know euro cars too well. (upper James on the east side. South of Mohawk Rd. in the plaza beside the pizza hut.)

Dreamsport <-- Does not even deserve a review, don't go there; Rodger is a fat idiot. (not even going to say where it is)

Feel free to add to the list if I missed any.

Around Hammer:

JRP <-- Expensive but the guys know their shit and you get quality(i.e. brand name) parts.

I know there is a good one in St Kits but I dont remember what it is called. Dave im sure will chime in, as he has been there before.

Suspension --> DDM coilovers
Brakes --> UUC willwood kit, or do an M3 conversion.
Strut tower bar --> for sale section here or BF.C
Old 12-02-2008, 09:39 AM   #22
david.toledo
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to david.toledo
I am from burlington i drive a 92 325 .. i go to simply imports on harvester road between appleby and burloak. they are expensive. havent gotten much there done tho in my new car.. in my e39 i got a bunch of things done they did a good job but REALLLLLY expensive
david.toledo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:18 PM   #23
r1_freak
2nd Gear Newbie

Thanks

Ya, I just picked up a '97 M3 Cosmos (black interior). The car needs some work, but overall it is good. I am looking for some mint leather Vaders. My car has the luxury powered seat package.

My old car was a blown '99 M3 4-door. Had that 5 years ago, but the new owner won't give my old Vaders back.

Thanks for the shop update. I had my old car in Kitchener, but wasn't sure where to go to around here.

I mostly need brakes, and shocks (not sure to go with coil overs or just decent shocks at this point), although I would like to be able to adjust compression and rebound etc...

By the way, the "r1_freak" is just an old name I had for bike forums, used to race R1 motorcycles...
Old 12-02-2008, 01:23 PM   #24
r1_freak
2nd Gear Newbie

I know that this isn't the place in the forum to ask, but while I have the locals on here. Is there a meeting spot in and around Hamilton, Burlington etc where you guys sometimes meet up ? Or Toronto ? I wouldn't mind shooting the breeze with some local guys on occasion.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:00 PM   #25
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet. I definitely recommend a SHORT THROW SHIFT KIT. Doesn't really add HP, shorten your lap times or get girls' panties wet... but man, does it make your drive more enjoyable!

Besides that: LSD, braided lines, Pulleys, M50 manifold, M3 cams are all great improvements... in that order. (I once had a modded M52 motor).

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:47 AM   #26
DANIMAL
TYRE ETR

Quote:
I know that this isn't the place in the forum to ask, but while I have the locals on here. Is there a meeting spot in and around Hamilton, Burlington etc where you guys sometimes meet up ? Or Toronto ? I wouldn't mind shooting the breeze with some local guys on occasion.
Well there are hammer meets every week on sunday evening during the summer, but no one has really been going and were all of the concenus that its to cold outside to stand around. As for Toronto, there are meets @ La Paloma on Friday nights.

If you just want an inpromptoo cruise pm me, Im always up for a cruise.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:03 PM   #27
98Dinan3
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to 98Dinan3
I'm here.... and from Hamilton. Let me know if you have any questions, or feel like hanging out. BTW.... I don't know "everything" but I do know quite a bit about E36s. I'm always glad to help out a fellow MaXer!
Old 12-08-2008, 12:55 AM   #28
r1_freak
2nd Gear Newbie

Hey thanks for the replies from Hammer people. 98Dinan3 I sent you a PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:34 AM   #29
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via ICQ to thinair Send a message via MSN to thinair
Definitely get a short shifter and a clutch stop, it was one of my first mods and it made driving a lot more enjoyable (as Randy stated already).

I'd recommend getting decent pads and rotors (blank/slotted), I run Hawk HP+, they're awesome but they do dust/spark a lot, and surprisingly don't eat rotors. Stay away from cross drilled rotors (unless they're free). Change your brake fluid before hitting the track.

For handling, take a performance driving school. You'd be surprised how well a stock e36 can handle. If that answer isn't good enough, don't just replace springs, get some sort of matched setup with springs and struts. Also, don't upgrade the swaybars without changing the springs/struts with something stiffer either.

And lastly, for engine, debaffle your stock airbox (free), remove your ASC+T throttle body if you find you're never using traction control (about $30 for a replacement intake boot, and it's a 5 minute reversable mod), M50 intake manifold from a 325 or M3 (not a 320), M3 cams, then get software. Never get software as a first mod if you intend on changing the intake manifold or cams down the road.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 04:00 PM   #30
fastasleep
1st Gear Newbie

Suspension - upgrade the shocks and swap in Polyurethane bushings.

Engine - Does anyone make a nitrous kit for the e36? Nitrous is the best bang for your buck, hands down. Most of the mods suggested will add a few HP here and there but as someone already said; your not likely to feel much in that car. Now a 100hp shot you will feel
fastasleep is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: