Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: what option are you
class 1 under 40,000 25 25.25%
class 2 over 40 thousand but under 70 32 32.32%
over 70 thousand but under 100 21 21.21%
i make Nice cash over 100,000 21 21.21%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-24-2008, 01:37 PM   #16
Fel
Not Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by europrince View Post
a lot of people who make over 100k spend a lot of time at what they do, with the bulk of the time remaining with their families. they don't have time for forum chats.
So not you, then?
Old 11-24-2008, 01:40 PM   #17
europrince
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel View Post
So not you, then?
Not yet
Boots will be happy when I no longer have time for this forum
europrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 01:42 PM   #18
VSanj
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdalinda View Post
can the people who make over 100 chime in??? i want to see how you guys got to were you are.

i posted up my journey to 100............other than a professional, Doctor, lawyer etc. there is really no way to make 100g unless you own a business or are in a field were you get base salary plus commision plus car allowance and the product sells like hotcakes.

I was very lucky to get into selling construction machines at a time when the market was seeing its busiest time in history. I had a couple of 100G years and a couple that were very close.

Will i make the same type of money going forward...........i highly doubt it. And that's why as a person with 5 years plus of account management experience i have to find the next big product during the downturn and get a job in that industry. that is what i am currently looking into!

Mind you throughout this time i was also doing mortgages which gives you some extra income. For some people the key is to do two or three different manageble activities at the same time. I am a firm believer in commision....FTW. If you work hard you will get paid......the harder you work the more you make

Last edited by VSanj; 11-24-2008 at 01:47 PM.
VSanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 01:45 PM   #19
VSanj
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by europrince View Post
a lot of people who make over 100k spend a lot of time at what they do, with the bulk of the time remaining with their families. they don't have time for forum chats.
lol........although i definantly see your point, i have a couple of close buddies that are real estate agents making double that and sleeping in and drinking at bars every night. Once again, they got into the right selling market at the right time. there struggling now, but the ride was fun while it lasted
Old 11-24-2008, 01:48 PM   #20
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsanj View Post
i posted up my journey to 100............other than a professional, doctor, lawyer etc. There is really no way to make 100g unless you own a business or are in a field were you get base salary plus commision plus car allowance and the product sells like hotcakes.

I was very lucky to get into selling construction machines at a time when the market was seeing its busiest time in history. I had a couple of 100g years and a couple that were very close.

Will i make the same type of money going forward...........i highly doubt it. And that's why as a person with 5 years plus of account management experience i have to find the next big product during the downturn and get a job in that industry. That is what i am currently looking into!

Mind you throughout this time i was also doing mortgages which gives you some extra income. For some people the key is to do two or three different manageble activities at the same time. I am a firm believer in commision....ftw. If you work hard you will get paid......the harder you work the more you make

whats that?
Free stella artois for the brampton maxbimmer folk???
Old 11-24-2008, 02:00 PM   #21
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSanj View Post
............other than a professional, Doctor, lawyer etc. there is really no way to make 100g unless you own a business or are in a field were you get base salary plus commision plus car allowance and the product sells like hotcakes.
That's nonsense... if you have a masters or are a work in actuarial science that puts you easily in the 100+ range. I know truck drivers who make 150-200K a year with no education.

Doctors don't usually crack 100 unless they specialize, and lawyers don't unless they're employed with a good firm.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:00 PM   #22
VSanj
6th Gear Member

...to gato......drop by my gates whenever you want, we can run some stellas. boots knows were im at!

Last edited by VSanj; 11-24-2008 at 02:02 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:02 PM   #23
VSanj
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstalin View Post
That's nonsense... if you have a masters or are a work in actuarial science that puts you easily in the 100+ range. I know truck drivers who make 150-200K a year with no education.

Doctors don't usually crack 100 unless they specialize, and lawyers don't unless they're employed with a good firm.
your right, when i meant professional i meant highly educated like masters and phd peeps.

Truck drivers do make some good money, im punjabi my bro in law and half my fam drive one. however 150 is gross....trust me once you take out diesel, truck repair costs are huge, truck lease etc your not in the 100's anymore

Last edited by VSanj; 11-24-2008 at 02:15 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:12 PM   #24
spoony_prelude
Eurowerke

Wow most of you guys are still in school! Just out of curiosity how many of you actually bought your cars with your money? or should i just make a new thread for that?

Well I am a Assisstant Construction Super at a condo downtown toronto. All throughout highschool I was always into mechanics, always top of my class, I was put in Mississauga VW for my co-op as to which I was treated like shit for being the only Portuguese guy there. After co-op they hired me, i worked there for 2 months and said i dont need this bullshit. So quit and started working construction as a labourer. The site super there at the time ended up quitting and moved to a different company for more money. He then called me told me he liked how I had worked and asked if I would like to be his assistant at his new building. so here i am!

I got started at 45k a year and soon to be getting a raise since Ive been here for almost a year. And Im only 21

Jay

Last edited by spoony_prelude; 11-24-2008 at 02:17 PM.
spoony_prelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 02:27 PM   #25
sands
3rd Gear Member

I'm a highschool dropout...
I work for a freight matching software company full-time, I'm a technical support rep for our software. I also model.
I make good money doing both ^.^
I'd like to go back to school soon, Legal Assistant program.
And yes, I'm proud to say that I bought my car with my own money, in August 2007. And I have also been living on my own since my 18th birthday!
Oh, and I'm currently 22.

Last edited by sands; 11-24-2008 at 02:41 PM.
sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 02:27 PM   #26
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoony_prelude View Post
Wow most of you guys are still in school! Just out of curiosity how many of you actually bought your cars with your money? or should i just make a new thread for that?
Another question is how many of you live by yourself & not mooching off mommy's teet?

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 02:29 PM   #27
ACS_DAN
16/F/Cali

Send a message via MSN to ACS_DAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoony_prelude View Post

Well I am a Assisstant Construction Super at a condo downtown toronto. All throughout highschool I was always into mechanics, always top of my class, I was put in Mississauga VW for my co-op as to which I was treated like shit for being the only Portuguese guy there. After co-op they hired me, i worked there for 2 months and said i dont need this bullshit. So quit and started working construction as a labourer. The site super there at the time ended up quitting and moved to a different company for more money. He then called me told me he liked how I had worked and asked if I would like to be his assistant at his new building. so here i am!

I got started at 45k a year and soon to be getting a raise since Ive been here for almost a year. And Im only 21

Jay
Worked for and payed for baby! My parents aren't the type to give money on Birthdays so I had to sacrifice quiet a bit in order to buy the cars that I owned. Also Insurance was always under my name with me paying it, until recently when my parents offered to pay half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_7 View Post
Another question is how many of you live by yourself & not mooching off mommy's teet?
Nobody folds my tighty whities like mommy does. =p

95 530i|Modifications - Work.
ACS_DAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 02:31 PM   #28
VSanj
6th Gear Member

I live by myself...........well my wife is there....damn her...lol
Old 11-24-2008, 02:40 PM   #29
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Well I have bought ALL my vehicles myself, and currently co-own my condo.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual-Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;Spacers;Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 02:41 PM   #30
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
If you guys are looking for easy work that pays over 100K a year, be a prof.

My dad works 6 hours a week, gets paid well over 100K a year. Job security? He's teniored, he can't get fired. all you gotta do is:
-Graduate top of your class in highschool
-Graduate top of your class undergrad at an ivey league school
-Graduate top of your class in your doctorate program at another ivey league school
-Find a job (goodluck) and start at like 42K a year. Write a book, make assistant prof, pass your tenior review, write another book, get full prof, teach for 5 more years so you get a pay raise, and then watch your eldest son blow all your cash for you.

Now we've been over what my dad does, and what i do.

i have the best job in the world, i'm a spoiled kid

If you want to be making 100K a year, you gotta be three of the following: well connected, extremly dilligent, brilliant and lucky.

or just wait for inflation...

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: