Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-20-2008, 09:03 PM   #31
SamE30e
6th Gear Member

I have a couple boards

Santa Cruz
Ride
Sims (main board)
and some expensive ass Carbon fibre board that my uncle gave to me.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:10 PM   #32
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodo View Post
what kinda GS board do you have? I have size 12 boots (burton wind) and don't run risers. They don't stick out enough to interfere, my width is 225mm in the middle and 278 nose and tail. I have my bindings at 45 degrees front and back.
Custom made board, can't remember who made it, it's 5 or so years old (picked it up second hand). The original owner had tiny feet so it was built to suit. I haven't been on it in two years, I rarely go out with carvers anymore, it's a dying breed, so I just stick to my FR board and still have lots of fun.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 09:19 PM   #33
rodo
6th Gear Member

a dying breed indeed. I got one of the last boards burton ever made and that was a few years ago, same with teh boots and bindings. Nothing beats the feel of speed and carving low to the ground

2010 Expedition

Objects in mirror are farther than they appear Only in a BMW

rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 09:25 PM   #34
Axxe

Yeah, every time I try to assemble a carving group, everyone bails and ends up riding their soft board. I haven't been motivated enough to go out on my own either.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:31 PM   #35
davis_14
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
a dying breed indeed. I got one of the last boards burton ever made and that was a few years ago, same with teh boots and bindings. Nothing beats the feel of speed and carving low to the ground

Nothing? Watch from 5:15-the end. ahhhhhhh.. I think that would feel pretty awesome! --->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KK5k1wM_XE

Just playin around man, I've never tried an alpine board before. Looks pretty awesome I have to say and thats cool that you're stickin' to it. Keep it alive.

btw anyone into snowboarding, watch the full "forum or against em" video. I loved it. Jakes part at the end is just awesome. (youtube vid)
Old 11-20-2008, 10:00 PM   #36
davericher20
black and blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades View Post
I dunno dude .. those are pretty big boots .. I even had troubles finding a good size board for my 11 size boots. It looks like hanging out quite a bit but you will know once you go on a run. They do sell wide boards so you will want to look it this. Carving aggressive is needed to turn especially on steep hills or in situations where you might need to avoid something or someone.

If you pick up enough speed and turn hard enough that your boots go into the snow you will wipeout.

I went with the K2 Zeppelin .. love my board.
Listen to this man......and me.

Do the 30 day thing and get a wider board......

I had the same problem, it wasn't worth trying to ride it. Even carving normally was a pain in the ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 10:00 PM   #37
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
Upon inspection my setup is not like yours lol.

LTD fury.. getting beat up
Drake Bindings
Burton Motos
Some googles I forget.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg setup.jpg (186.6 KB, 81 views)

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:58 PM   #38
maroli
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe View Post
Counter rotation FTL. I'm guessing you didn't get lessons.
I certainly did not get lessons. What should I have done, or what did I do wrong?
Old 11-21-2008, 12:22 AM   #39
Axxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroli View Post
I certainly did not get lessons. What should I have done, or what did I do wrong?
Not get lessons. Trust me, it's money well spent. CASI trained snowboard instructors know all the tricks/hints/tips to get anyone started properly. Sounds like you did the classic "forcing" turn (ie counter-rotation) that 99.99% of self-taught riders do. Very easy to catch an edge and hurt yourself, it sucks that you had to find out first hand though.

Old 11-21-2008, 02:49 AM   #40
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

well there were two things wrong, the boots didnt fit the bindings and weren't really comfortable as they were heavy and bulky. secondly the bindings itself werent of good choice since they had no adjustable heel cup.

so i got ride s bindings
http://www.sportmart.ca/store/images...05800_53lg.jpg

and sims sage boots
http://www.sportmart.ca/store/images...33484_83lg.jpg

feels a lot better. as for the board, its a lil less over hand with this setup and they dont have any wider board. the widest board is the morrow source and its only 5mm wider than this one :S but $100 more and thats over my budget
Jim .E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 02:55 AM   #41
TNation
Banned

Quote:
oh wow, you're going to dig in with your boots on the toe and heel side big time. You need a wider board, trust me. Since you're learning, your boots are going to cause you to lose your edge while turning (not carving, just sliding sideways) and it might even cause you to learn improperly. Go get a wider board

definitely, he needs a wider board
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 02:56 AM   #42
TNation
Banned

haha and PS: where do you guys board? its shitty out here compared to Calgary.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:29 AM   #43
maroli
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe View Post
Not get lessons. Trust me, it's money well spent. CASI trained snowboard instructors know all the tricks/hints/tips to get anyone started properly. Sounds like you did the classic "forcing" turn (ie counter-rotation) that 99.99% of self-taught riders do. Very easy to catch an edge and hurt yourself, it sucks that you had to find out first hand though.
yeah, whereas I went last time with a bunch of people and didn't have the time to seek lessons out individually, I will next time. So the board catching when I was trying to stop frontside and whipping my knee around can be prevented? Good to know, all that happened when I tried was I kept going sideways and I kinda forced it to turn. I need to get a cool knee brace, I have afeeling it could buckle randomly next time I try snowboarding even if I don't wipe out
Old 11-21-2008, 11:19 AM   #44
three28
2nd Gear Member

big white for the next 5 months woooo!!!!
three28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:53 AM   #45
TNation
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by three28 View Post
big white for the next 5 months woooo!!!!
haha shaduuppp
i miss the West for boarding
when i left, i was ****ing pretty good
i didn't do trails anymore, just made my own way off the backsides of mountains (double blacks shoots were my favorite!)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: