Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-20-2008, 09:59 AM   #16
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

That setup is going to be a nightmare. Your only other option is risers, but I wouldn't recommend that for someone who wants to ride park or is new.

My setup:

159 Salomon 450
Flow FS bindings
Northwave boots
(don't remember the exact model numbers)

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:27 PM   #17
maroli
6th Gear Member

I went snowboarding for the second time last winter. I tried to turn right sharply, the nose dug in and whipped my knee around and my body didn't follow right away. I thought I tore my ACL, the pain stopped after a week, but now and then if I move awkwardly, I can feel it tweak and buckle a bit. Should I go to a doctor?
Old 11-20-2008, 01:39 PM   #18
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe View Post
That setup is going to be a nightmare. Your only other option is risers, but I wouldn't recommend that for someone who wants to ride park or is new.

My setup:

159 Salomon 450
Flow FS bindings
Northwave boots
(don't remember the exact model numbers)

im exchanging the board today, what are risers?
Old 11-20-2008, 02:17 PM   #19
rodo
6th Gear Member

they lift your bindings (therefore your boots as well) so your board can be at a greater angle with the mountain before the boots interfere.

2010 Expedition

Objects in mirror are farther than they appear Only in a BMW

rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:15 PM   #20
Axxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroli View Post
I went snowboarding for the second time last winter. I tried to turn right sharply, the nose dug in and whipped my knee around and my body didn't follow right away. I thought I tore my ACL, the pain stopped after a week, but now and then if I move awkwardly, I can feel it tweak and buckle a bit. Should I go to a doctor?
Counter rotation FTL. I'm guessing you didn't get lessons.

Old 11-20-2008, 03:17 PM   #21
Axxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodo View Post
they lift your bindings (therefore your boots as well) so your board can be at a greater angle with the mountain before the boots interfere.
Yes, and it's more of a bandaid solution for people that bought the wrong board or for big guys that want to ride a snappy board. I have 1.5" of riser on my 210 giant slalom board + the built in 1" binding riser. Size 12 hard boots are huge. I think I'm going to do up some small 1/2" risers for my FR board.

Old 11-20-2008, 03:49 PM   #22
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Here is my setup .. see how the toes dont go over as much .. thats how you want it.

Pic is bad angle btw
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1542.jpg (120.1 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1543.jpg (165.6 KB, 92 views)

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:02 PM   #23
davis_14
2nd Gear Member

jib stance ftw. When I first started snowboarding I had madddd toe hang like that. I was young and didn't have any knowledge of the sport so I left it as it was. Bad idea! Especially when you're first starting out. On toe side turns the boot will dig into the snow and you'll just fall flat on your face. You should grab that wider board like the others have suggested. It will make your learning experience far less painful! hahah good luck man and have fun
Old 11-20-2008, 04:02 PM   #24
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
I will take some pics of my setup tonight. I swear its like the OG posters and I get by fine but I might be wrong and forget what my stuff looks like.

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:04 PM   #25
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades View Post
Here is my setup .. see how the toes dont go over as much .. thats how you want it.

Pic is bad angle btw
thank you sir
Old 11-20-2008, 04:43 PM   #26
rodo
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe View Post
Yes, and it's more of a bandaid solution for people that bought the wrong board or for big guys that want to ride a snappy board. I have 1.5" of riser on my 210 giant slalom board + the built in 1" binding riser. Size 12 hard boots are huge. I think I'm going to do up some small 1/2" risers for my FR board.
what kinda GS board do you have? I have size 12 boots (burton wind) and don't run risers. They don't stick out enough to interfere, my width is 225mm in the middle and 278 nose and tail. I have my bindings at 45 degrees front and back.

2010 Expedition

Objects in mirror are farther than they appear Only in a BMW

rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:32 PM   #27
europrince
6th Gear Member

Forget boarding. This is what it's all about. I'm heading out Saturday to try these new babies out!

2009 Salomon X Wing 10

http://www.ski-review.com/content/view/674/30/

The X-Wing 10 is quicker and lighter than its 3 big brothers, so unless you actually launch off cliffs and rip down steeps that seem too steep to hold snow, the new 10 makes perfect sense and brings a new versatility to this category. Any turn shape can be executed with minimal muscle or effort.

The Salomon X-Wing 10 feels very light and easy to coax into any turn shape. A fun ride with some great built in benefits to skiers who want one pair of ski but ski in a mixed bag of conditions and terrain. They are not for speed freaks, but you may find yourself skiing a little faster and better, just because the X-Wing 10 feels so eager to respond to your input.

Experts will be able to push the X-Wing 10 past its limits, but those skiers aspiring to expert levels will achieve their goals faster on a ski like this, simply because they encourage you to ski better by raising your confidence and allowing an occasional “faux pas” to go unpunished. Ski more runs on more terrain with less fatigue. Most important...the X-Wing 10 is fun.

I’ll be brief. Light, quick, forgiving, versatile and reasonably priced.

http://www.snowrental.net/skiing/ski...x-wing-10.html

The intermediate to advanced skiers dream allmountain ski. Light, well shaped and easy to use. The X-Wing 10’‘s are very good onpiste and perform apt arcs and will give you lots of feedback in virtually all conditions. Advanced skiers with a desire to explore will enjoy the width underfoot and the light core with its titanium layer providing the agility.
With an err towards short and medium turns the X-Wing flies through all the mountain has to offer and isn’‘t half bad in the bumps.

http://www.skinet.com/ski/2009/x-wing-10

Thanks to its svelte waist, the X Wing 10 hooks turns ferociously-even on steep boilerplate. This snappy ski loves to be on edge.
Props:
Bites into hardpack and grips like hell.
Gripes:
Too stiff and edgy for bumps.
Testers' Take:
"As quick and agile as Luke Skywalker's X-Wing fighter." -Sam Bass

Last edited by europrince; 11-20-2008 at 05:38 PM.
europrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:43 PM   #28
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by europrince View Post
Forget boarding. This is what it's all about. I'm heading out Saturday to try these new babies out!
in case you didnt notice .. lots of boarders in a thread thats about a new board... OOUUTTTT -->

here is something for skiiers that boarders dont have .. dont want...

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:45 PM   #29
Dysantic
Captain Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroli View Post
Go see a physiotherapist. If you were in Mississauga I could recommend one, but yeah. If it is still bothering you, you could have done any number of things to it. I don't completely understand what you might have done, but if you didn't hear a pop and can still walk properly no ligaments should have been torn. If it's still bothering you a year later its never a good thing though.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:44 PM   #30
JMW
Pole busted to boosted.

i ride a
option mirror board
technine marc frank montoya bindings.
dc super park boots..

this is my 13th season of riding.. im a crafty veteran lol

Official Team BIMMERSPORTAUTOMOTIVE vehicle owner.
support: thanks to. Bimmersport automotive and audio 2 go (ATG motoring)

Quote:
Originally Posted by junaid
"i saw your car there when i was there a few weeks ago, looks absolutely stunning man. I think i popped a ****ing boner, that paint looks sick
JMW is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: