Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-18-2008, 09:43 AM   #1
david.toledo
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to david.toledo
Cool new to 325i

recently i have noticed that my heater dosent heat up fast. it almost blows cold air until. i reach higher speeds. and when i shift about 4 thousand rpms
does that mean i have to change the water pump?

also my gears seem to be a little stiff when i start up the car in the cold morning.

who knows the best place to get a clutch .. because it has a really late release is that normal?

i have some after market 18s and when i go over bumps .. the wheel has alot of play and it seems to take me towards the creest and craks in the road..
im new to this form. thanks
david.toledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:56 AM   #2
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by david.toledo View Post
recently i have noticed that my heater dosent heat up fast. it almost blows cold air until. i reach higher speeds. and when i shift about 4 thousand rpms

also my gears seem to be a little stiff when i start up the car in the cold morning.

who knows the best place to get a clutch .. because it has a really late release is that normal?

i have some after market 18s and when i go over bumps .. the wheel has alot of play and it seems to take me towards the creest and craks in the road..
1. wait till the car warms up .. like till the temp is half way

2. most cars gears are a bit stiff on really cold mornings (5spds)

3. If you clutch is slipping that is one thing but just because it releases high/late doesnt mean you should change your clutch. Most new cars do the same .. wrx was really high when I drove one. In most cars its adjustable.

4. Welcome to the forum check your rims for possible warping, steering rack, or alignment.. the larger the rim the louder it will sound going over bumps plus take away the smoothness of a drive.

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:20 PM   #3
ShortShifter
Sex Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades View Post

2. most cars gears are a bit stiff on really cold mornings (5spds)

3. If you clutch is slipping that is one thing but just because it releases high/late doesnt mean you should change your clutch. Most new cars do the same .. wrx was really high when I drove one. In most cars its adjustable.

4. Welcome to the forum check your rims for possible warping, steering rack, or alignment.. the larger the rim the louder it will sound going over bumps plus take away the smoothness of a drive.

+1 and with #4 check your tie rods, ball joints and shocks/struts. I had the same problem but after putting bilstein shocks/struts in there it took care of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
Only if you have an iVag.
ShortShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:40 PM   #4
david.toledo
2nd Gear Member

yeah i guess it all makes sence haha.. thanks guys and anyone with spare parts.. rims shocks used/new, Hids .. tell me what you guys have im willing to buy what i need. mainly people close buy.. sauga oakville hamilton area.. and is there such thing as a lip for your stock 325 bumper? my car is a 4door.

Last edited by david.toledo; 11-18-2008 at 01:42 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:46 PM   #5
ShortShifter
Sex Wagon

Np and yes there is a lip for a stock 325 bumper. My advice is just get an M3 front bumper.

Watch the for sale section and there are always cars getting parted out and random parts for sale.

Another problem you might be having with your heat is you may have air in your coolant system. First check the level and if its low check for leaks and top it up. You may need to bleed all the air out of it.

Where abouts in Burlington are you?
Quote:
Old 11-18-2008, 01:58 PM   #6
david.toledo
2nd Gear Member

ohh yeah thanks.. im in tyandaga.. i think seen you driving around upper brant.. i almost rear ended someone trying to look at ur car turinging right into tyandaga golf course road. what about you.. id love to see your car some time.. i was thinking of getting those rims. but im just goign to keep theo nes i have on now for winter.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:49 PM   #7
Trouble65
6th Gear Member

Quote:

1) Check coolant level you might be down a litre or two.
2) All standard BMW have that problem
3) If you accelerate and the clutch is fully engaged and your rpm increase and your speed decreases it's time to replace the clutch.
4) Tie rod ends or bushings are worn out. It's more noticable in the cold.
Trouble65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:53 PM   #8
Trouble65
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades View Post

Actually BMW states the second you start the vehicle start driving.
The vehicle will warm up quicker.
Better oil pressure.
Trouble65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:57 PM   #9
ShortShifter
Sex Wagon

Quote:
ohh yeah thanks.. im in tyandaga.. i think seen you driving around upper brant.. i almost rear ended someone trying to look at ur car turinging right into tyandaga golf course road. what about you.. id love to see your car some time.. i was thinking of getting those rims. but im just goign to keep theo nes i have on now for winter.
Yeah that was probably me or my wife we don't live too far from there. I hope you are able to fix these minor problems. I just took my rims off yesterday and put the snows on so now my car just looks blacked out. We should head to the hamilton meet sometime.

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/show...07#post1225507
Quote:
Old 11-18-2008, 05:07 PM   #10
david.toledo
2nd Gear Member

oh yeah.. then forsure it was this car.. i got some winters too i should prolly throw them on too if i cant find a good deal on winter tires (18s).. our cars would look even closer if we both have steelies lol. yeh im down. everyone dosent look to kool with the temperture tho lol.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:08 PM   #11
david.toledo
2nd Gear Member

thanks for the help guys.. i have been doing my job trying to get some parts that will help me out...
Old 11-18-2008, 05:23 PM   #12
ShortShifter
Sex Wagon

Quote:
oh yeah.. then forsure it was this car.. i got some winters too i should prolly throw them on too if i cant find a good deal on winter tires (18s).. our cars would look even closer if we both have steelies lol. yeh im down. everyone dosent look to kool with the temperture tho lol.
You are gonna pay a lot for 18 inch winter tires...better off going for 15 or 16
Quote:
Old 11-18-2008, 06:01 PM   #13
david.toledo
2nd Gear Member

yeah from the prices i have seen im going to be on 15s.. but i wanted to use these rims for winter and get some new ones for summer.. these rims i have wont sell for anything.. soi dunno what to use them for if i want to get new rims next summer lol.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:16 PM   #14
PedroBMW
Hooked on Boost

I have an entire stock suspension from my 328is, struts, springs, sway bars, strut mounts, RSMs, let me know if your interested, Im in windsor.

http://www.foldingtrailers.ca
PedroBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:35 AM   #15
ShortShifter
Sex Wagon

Quote:
yeah from the prices i have seen im going to be on 15s.. but i wanted to use these rims for winter and get some new ones for summer.. these rims i have wont sell for anything.. soi dunno what to use them for if i want to get new rims next summer lol.
Those look like 5 series rims...you should be able to sell them at a decent price depending on condition.
Quote:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: