Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Sightings
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-03-2008, 08:42 PM   #61
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by calegrant View Post
What point have I missed? You were the one in the wrong and didn't remove yourself from a possibly deadly situation because of your ego and prooving some point? Grow the **** up or turn in your license.
When it happens to you, you can "grow the **** up too".

This goes to all of you internet smartasses, so perfect in theory yet when it comes to the fact, you don t follow it.

Practice what you preach, otherwise, youre nothing more then a hypocrite, let alone an anonymous internet one.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:38 PM   #62
Guilherme
Top Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfeller View Post
The general rule of thumb, in case you thought that was too wordy, is that a speed differential of 15 mph (25 km/h) is the maximum safe threshold for speed varience while travelling on the highway. Since the speed limit of the 400 series highways and QEW is 100 km/h, you're within the threshold of safety at 80 km/h, though I still wouldn't drive that slowly for too long.

Drive safely ;-)
That sounds nice on the book but in real life you use real figures so maybe you shouldn't use 100km/h for your threshold calculation cause most of the drivers on GTA's highways go at least at 110 but most of the times 120 even though the speed limit is 100 (again... I know that this on the other hand doesn't sound nice and legal, but hey, it's reality!).

Which means that if you drive at 80 your relative speed to the other drivers would actually be 40 km/h which is almost double your safety threshold of 25.

Last edited by Guilherme; 11-03-2008 at 09:44 PM.
Guilherme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 10:03 PM   #63
bigfeller
Propeller Head

Good call

Quote:
Which means that if you drive at 80 your relative speed to the other drivers would actually be 40 km/h which is almost double your safety threshold of 25.
Good call. Slowing to only 90 or 95 would probably have the same effect- ie Jackass blasts by you to become someone else's problem- and then you're closer to that 25 km/h difference. As I said, I definitely wouldn't drive at 80 km/h for very long, and on a 400 series highway, never below that speed.

Be careful out there.

SOLD- Now Enjoying Honda Civic
bigfeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:11 PM   #64
Boots R
Boots, not boost

So just to get this straight.

You tailgated someone who tailgated you, then complained about them tailgating?
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:19 PM   #65
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots R View Post
So just to get this straight.

You tailgated someone who tailgated you, then complained about them tailgating?
yep.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:29 AM   #66
BlitzSix
6 Speed

Send a message via AIM to BlitzSix Send a message via MSN to BlitzSix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
I was waiting for this detail to come out.

You should have been in the right lane.

All of the other shit that both of you pulled was more retarded than anything else in this story, but in the end, you were the first one in the wrong. You weren't passing anyone, get to the right.
Ehhh am I the only one who thinks this is a bit extreme?

The left lane is for passing, you shouldn't drive in it. But what's wrong with driving 120 in the middle lane on an empty highway? The right lane moves slower than 120 most of the time so you would constantly be weaving in and out, plus with the cars merging, etc..

As long as you're moving faster than the right lane is (if it's going faster than 120 then I would definitely stay there since you don't want the middle lane moving slower than the right) then what's the problem? Especially on an empty highway...
BlitzSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:01 AM   #67
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
When i was driving to West Virginia, each car that passed ME merged into the right lane right after it passed me. That also goes when I do aggressive driving. When I do 140/150 I kind of hide behind the car and than I pass him. This way I don't get cought up when cop is firing the traffic gun at me. I don't like to be in the left lane for some reason.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:46 AM   #68
Trouble65
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 405Style View Post
When it happens to you, you can "grow the **** up too".

This goes to all of you internet smartasses, so perfect in theory yet when it comes to the fact, you don t follow it.

Practice what you preach, otherwise, youre nothing more then a hypocrite, let alone an anonymous internet one.
People cut me off I just run over them.
Trouble65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:15 PM   #69
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
i disagree. 120 is above the speed limit. I wasn't in the passing lane, i wasn t blocking anyone, infact, the highway was empty. There was no reason for this whole BS. he could of very well passed me on the left or illegally on the right, what he was trying to do, is show off. the center lane is a intermediate highway lane, the left lane is passing and the right lane is exit , enter. I don t feel i was in the wrong driving calmly home. Yes in retrospect i shouldn t have intimidated him after the act and aggressed him, but my initial action did nothing wrong. If i was with other drivers, then i would be in the wrong but not at 2 am with a empty highway. He ll get his, he ll piss off the wrong person and presto, tragedy. I don t drive aggressive, i was simply not happy with being tailed for a good 5 min. he wasn t trying to pass me, he was trying to intimidate me.
Lane discipline isn't classified by speed, but rather by the need to pass a slower moving vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzSix View Post
Ehhh am I the only one who thinks this is a bit extreme?

The left lane is for passing, you shouldn't drive in it. But what's wrong with driving 120 in the middle lane on an empty highway? The right lane moves slower than 120 most of the time so you would constantly be weaving in and out, plus with the cars merging, etc..

As long as you're moving faster than the right lane is (if it's going faster than 120 then I would definitely stay there since you don't want the middle lane moving slower than the right) then what's the problem? Especially on an empty highway...
Any lane to the left of another vehicle is for passing, not just the extreme left. By your logic on the 400 northbound there are 6 non-descript driving lanes and 1 lane for passing.

Also, he already said the right lane was empty.

@stancejay
Mystikal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:42 PM   #70
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Quote:
Reducing speed to 80 on the 401 is a death wish. I can't believe you would do something like that, by doing that you are increasing chances of an accident 5 to 10 cars back 20 fold... very smart.
It was 2am you said? And the highway was empty? you really think that someone would drive into a car going 80km/h infront of them, cause they're doing 120, and there's no one else on the road?

not a very convincing argument.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:21 PM   #71
Dr. Flyview
Formerly Flav_cool

Send a message via MSN to Dr. Flyview
LOL what a fail thread 405style

1998 BMW 328is - summer
1994 BMW 325i - daily
1992 BMW 325i - totaled
1988 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-8V -
sold

Dr. Flyview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:24 PM   #72
europrince
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flav_cool View Post
LOL what a fail thread 405style
+ 1000
europrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:31 PM   #73
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by europrince View Post
+ 1000
what are you +1000 ing?

have you seen your boring "post news article" threads? extreme fail

hope you werent comparing to your threads.

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:33 PM   #74
europrince
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades View Post
what are you +1000 ing?

posting news articles is better than road rage. you lose.
europrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:41 PM   #75
Boots R
Boots, not boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades View Post
what are you +1000 ing?

+1000
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: