Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Sightings
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-02-2008, 11:35 PM   #31
calegrant
6th Gear Member

Regardless of what the other person is doing...if you can remove yourself from the situation...please ****ing do so. When you're doing 120 on the highway in a 1.5ton piece of steel isn't the time to have an ego test, get the **** out of the way and let the jackass pass. If I found out one of my loved ones died as a result of two jackasses not wanting to be tailgated said persons jugular is going to be severed while they sleep.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:30 AM   #32
v_bimmer
Jailbait FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by calegrant View Post
Regardless of what the other person is doing...if you can remove yourself from the situation...please ****ing do so. When you're doing 120 on the highway in a 1.5ton piece of steel isn't the time to have an ego test, get the **** out of the way and let the jackass pass. If I found out one of my loved ones died as a result of two jackasses not wanting to be tailgated said persons jugular is going to be severed while they sleep.
^^ I completely agree
Old 11-03-2008, 12:40 AM   #33
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by calegrant View Post
please don t be an idiot. at 2 am with a empty road there is no reason for me to be tailed. what would you like me to do, pull to the shoulder? As usual, a maxretard misses the point. You don t live in Toronto, you have no idea how poorly people drive here, B.C. has gold star drivers compared to here.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:15 AM   #34
ericdalinda
6th Gear Member

if im in the passing lane doing 130 and someone flys uo behind me.. ill switch..always do.
then if he decides to get on my ass again.. in the OTHER lane.. this guy is getting one big ****in handful of pennies right onto his windshield...

there is absolutly no reason to tailgate someone.. get out of there way.. and continue to be tailgated as you are clearly gone out of there way..
ericdalinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:28 AM   #35
Trouble65
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious View Post
your all morons for thinking throwing pennies or ceramics is a good idea.

Not saying you should throw anything. However if you do ceramic over pennies any time.
Trouble65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:45 AM   #36
BigD
the misanthropist

+1 to slowing down, that's what I always do. To normal (but aggressive) people, this is just conducive to a pass. But if they continue to ride my ass I keep slowing down. If they want to stop with me, fine, we'll pull over and have a chat. But these guys/girls are all just cowards acting tough because it's anonymous (like a lot of people talking smack on this forum). If faced with personal confrontation they'll always run. It's the same pussies who will cut you off and at the next red light you stop beside them and they pretend to fumble about in their car to avoid eye contact with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurostyle View Post
+++1000 on this one!!! What if the dumba$$ lost control and crashed, like the guy in Milton last summer, and YOU get blamed for being involved in an accident causing death!!!!
Do you know what ended up happening to that guy? I bet he got off... any lawyer worth his underpants should be able to get him off with maybe a traffic violation (leaving the scene).
Old 11-03-2008, 09:54 AM   #37
Arash
6th Gear Member

Sounds like a douchebag encounter. wait for them to pass, then execute a PIT manouver.
Arash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 10:12 AM   #38
e30blue
2nd Gear Member

to those that think slowing down on the highway is a good idea...the reality is you're wrong....ya i know being tailgated sucks but think about it...

i don't kno about you guys but i would rather have somebody on my ass then having to slam on my brakes going at 120km/h because two idiots in front of me are going 60.

Last edited by e30blue; 11-03-2008 at 10:14 AM.
e30blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 10:45 AM   #39
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 405Style View Post
i disagree, i was in the center lane, the slow lane and passing lane were both opn, it was 2 am, im sorry there is absolutely no reason for me to be tailed, or for me to mover over.
I was waiting for this detail to come out.

You should have been in the right lane.

All of the other shit that both of you pulled was more retarded than anything else in this story, but in the end, you were the first one in the wrong. You weren't passing anyone, get to the right.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:31 AM   #40
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post

All of the other shit that both of you pulled was more retarded than anything else in this story, but in the end, you were the first one in the wrong. You weren't passing anyone, get to the right.
i disagree. 120 is above the speed limit. I wasn't in the passing lane, i wasn t blocking anyone, infact, the highway was empty. There was no reason for this whole BS. he could of very well passed me on the left or illegally on the right, what he was trying to do, is show off. the center lane is a intermediate highway lane, the left lane is passing and the right lane is exit , enter. I don t feel i was in the wrong driving calmly home. Yes in retrospect i shouldn t have intimidated him after the act and aggressed him, but my initial action did nothing wrong. If i was with other drivers, then i would be in the wrong but not at 2 am with a empty highway. He ll get his, he ll piss off the wrong person and presto, tragedy. I don t drive aggressive, i was simply not happy with being tailed for a good 5 min. he wasn t trying to pass me, he was trying to intimidate me.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:02 PM   #41
Bimmerette
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30blue View Post
i don't kno about you guys but i would rather have somebody on my ass then having to slam on my brakes going at 120km/h because two idiots in front of me are going 60.
405style already said that the highway was empty. The only one slamming on the brakes would have to be the douche behind him.
Bimmerette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 01:09 PM   #42
Fel
Not Banned

Wow, I just stepped into this thread and almost drowned in salty tears!!

I don't have much to say except that the road is full of jackasses, and I love ****ign with them when I can, but there's such a thing as taking it too far.

I can't pass judgment on this situation because I wasn't there, but it would probably have been better to leave him alone... kids don't know what they're doing, and they need to learn somehow, but killing them won't help. Don't want to **** your own ride in the process either.

People are naturally stupid, and their driving reflects this... but all we can do is deal with it. There's no cure for stupid, as of yet.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:13 PM   #43
europrince
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe View Post
Throwing pennies out of the sunroof has got to be the dumbest, most immature thing to do. Karma is a bitch.
Amen!
europrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 01:17 PM   #44
europrince
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post

+1
europrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 01:24 PM   #45
bigfeller
Propeller Head

Grow up

Quote:
i am aggrivated so i pull on him hard, little slut whore in the back seat turns around and is staring out the back window, so i slam on my highbeams+ hids, blinding the **** out of them. They try to brake test me but its a measly touch iof the pedal and i don t let off , i am right on their ass. Last min, the idiot swerves off the 401 onto the 403, going over the gravelly median and its a hard sweve as if to loose me? not that iw as going to go out of my way and follow the children.
While the young fellow in the other car was most assuredly a complete jackass, your escalation of the situation was entirely asinine. The correct course of action when being tailgated, regardless of the whorishness of his passenger, or the demeanor of another's driving character is to calmly signal, and pull over to the right lane. If he follows you over, then you may slow down gradually and slowly to 80 km/h. In traffic, this opens up a larger gap between you and the car in front, in case you have to slow down, and also provides more room in front should the other driver wish to pass you. As a third benefit, if said driver is really in such a hurry, your reduced speed will provide them added incentive to pass you removing you from the dangerous tailgating situation. 2 am or not, do not ever play games on the road. The risk to both yourself and others is simply too great.

SOLD- Now Enjoying Honda Civic
bigfeller is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: