Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-28-2008, 10:53 PM   #1
propr'one
op sucks cock
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: T.
Posts: 17,913
Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Refrigirant Removal



I need to get rid of the freon in my A/C system.

It may actually be empty already (A/C doesn't work). But i'd like to make sure before i remove it. I know this shit is horrible for you and the environment, so i'm wondering if anyone knows a shop that will have it removed for me.

(this can't cost more than like 60$, otherwise i'll cut the lines with a bolt cutter wearing a biohazard suit) But i figured i'd might as well ask, save the environment a bit.

Thanks!
__________________
I run a canadian led kit & hid kit company, if you have any questions about led headlights or hid kits in canada or would like to check out our products please contact me here: http://absolutehid.ca

2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 220M 19's, Michelin Supersports
2006 YZF-R6, bunch of go-fast stuff
propr'one is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:26 AM   #2
andicanada
4th Gear Member
 
andicanada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Berlin Germany
Posts: 658
Send a message via MSN to andicanada
lol open the line and save money but when you would like to recover the stuff go to a AC place they can help you and be aware that they sell the old style refridgerant for a good price what they recover out off your system
andicanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:40 AM   #3
Bimmer Heaven
MaXsponsor
 
Bimmer Heaven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ontario
Posts: 15,389
Yes, i got a place that can do it...let me know when you want it done...
__________________
BIMMER HEAVEN
Specialized in BMW recycling, all OEM used parts
Up to 90% off new cost!!!
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E28 E34 E39 E60 E61 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4 F30 F32


Etobicoke location now open!!!!

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 70+ cars in stock!
Bimmer Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:38 AM   #4
mpower1226
6th Gear Member
 
mpower1226's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,901
ivan, just come to the shop, we do have a machine with full recovery functions.
mpower1226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:49 AM   #5
propr'one
op sucks cock
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: T.
Posts: 17,913
Send a message via MSN to propr'one
^^how much is this gonna run me guys?

Thanks!
__________________
I run a canadian led kit & hid kit company, if you have any questions about led headlights or hid kits in canada or would like to check out our products please contact me here: http://absolutehid.ca

2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 220M 19's, Michelin Supersports
2006 YZF-R6, bunch of go-fast stuff
propr'one is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:12 AM   #6
DriveItSideways
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: .
Posts: 3,711
Ivan I have an a/c machine aswell, if you want bring the car down and we can do that and check my ballasts at the same time.

$35
DriveItSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:58 AM   #7
hellrot_M3
3rd Gear Member
 
hellrot_M3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Brampton
Posts: 480
hey ivan i got a problem with the HIDS i got from you so gimme a call when u get a chance
__________________


RMP Motors For The Win!!!!!
hellrot_M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:39 PM   #8
Trouble65
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Niagara Region
Posts: 1,795
They want to charge you to remove the product? Then they sell it to a customer who has an old system. Does not seem to be fair.
Trouble65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:44 PM   #9
DriveItSideways
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: .
Posts: 3,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouble65 View Post
They want to charge you to remove the product? Then they sell it to a customer who has an old system. Does not seem to be fair.
Fair?? being charged for someone working on your car isnt fair??

What planet are you from?
DriveItSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 04:32 PM   #10
Trouble65
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Niagara Region
Posts: 1,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveItSideways View Post
Fair?? being charged for someone working on your car isnt fair??

What planet are you from?
You are removing freon from a vehicle and in the future going to sell it to some who needs it for x amount of dollars per pound.

I took my 45 foot MCI coach and 2x53' reefers for service. They removed over 30 pounds from the MCI coach. Then they gave me a bill for over $200 for the reefers and $100 for removal of freon from the MCI coach. When I asked them for what they stated they charge $16.50 per pound. Trailers combined needed almost 18 pounds. I explained you removed out of my coach almost $500 dollars of freon and you are charging me $300.

After some serious discussion I ended up paying $0

I was born in the night but not last night. I hate when shops take people for a ride. This may not be you and it's probably not how you do business however lets be fair.

Oh by the way my wife tells me I come from Mars!

Last edited by Trouble65; 10-29-2008 at 04:36 PM.
Trouble65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 05:23 PM   #11
DriveItSideways
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: .
Posts: 3,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouble65 View Post
You are removing freon from a vehicle and in the future going to sell it to some who needs it for x amount of dollars per pound.

I took my 45 foot MCI coach and 2x53' reefers for service. They removed over 30 pounds from the MCI coach. Then they gave me a bill for over $200 for the reefers and $100 for removal of freon from the MCI coach. When I asked them for what they stated they charge $16.50 per pound. Trailers combined needed almost 18 pounds. I explained you removed out of my coach almost $500 dollars of freon and you are charging me $300.

After some serious discussion I ended up paying $0

I was born in the night but not last night. I hate when shops take people for a ride. This may not be you and it's probably not how you do business however lets be fair.

Oh by the way my wife tells me I come from Mars!
So you walked into a shop, had the mechanic turn screws on your car, and expected to walk out without paying a penny? Do I get this right? I sure hope not. Basically you wanted to trade freon for the mechanics time. Did you think your BUS takes the same amount of freon as a car?

That shit isnt right. Mechanics need to feed there kids to.

I hate when cheap ass consumers like you get a bad expereince with a shop and then go to another shop assuming your gonna get raked. Just a heads up, there are still honest shops out there. I know of 3 just in Pickering alone.

for you.
DriveItSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 06:16 PM   #12
Trouble65
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Niagara Region
Posts: 1,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveItSideways View Post
So you walked into a shop, had the mechanic turn screws on your car, and expected to walk out without paying a penny? Do I get this right? I sure hope not. Basically you wanted to trade freon for the mechanics time. Did you think your BUS takes the same amount of freon as a car?

That shit isnt right. Mechanics need to feed there kids to.

I hate when cheap ass consumers like you get a bad expereince with a shop and then go to another shop assuming your gonna get raked. Just a heads up, there are still honest shops out there. I know of 3 just in Pickering alone.

for you.
Hold on for a second and back up. I have been polite with you, I even mentioned “I hate when shops take people for a ride. This may not be you and it's probably not how you do business however lets be fair”.
However I do not wish to get into a pissing match with you.

PS I grew up on a mechanics salary!
Trouble65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015