Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-29-2008, 06:43 PM   #16
zackman17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by punnzzells View Post
yes.... that is correct ZACk.

I tried calling you... number changed?

bump for topspeed.
sorry man i got stuck with a shitty ass phone from teleus ive sent it away to get repaired and i cant get a loner so i told them to disconnect my phone i shld be getting in back in a week or two. if you need anything let me kno via pm.
zackman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:50 PM   #17
TopSpeed
3rd Gear Member

OK OK .. I know it's a recession or something ... so throw me some offers and let's make a deal here.

$200 obo
Old 11-05-2008, 08:49 PM   #18
calegrant
6th Gear Member

if i hadn't just bought a laptop i'd be all over these decent condition, which is perfect for smoking. No sense paying a premium for flawless ones to tear em appart
Old 11-08-2008, 08:42 PM   #19
DR.ZED
3rd Gear Member

Euro would mean the Z cutoff is on the wrong size of the road?

... or are they a flat cutoff?
85 325e M5
07 Honda Shadow Spirit 750
DR.ZED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 09:25 PM   #20
TopSpeed
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR.ZED View Post
Euro would mean the Z cutoff is on the wrong size of the road?

... or are they a flat cutoff?
They are not the flat cutoff. They project a wide V ... illuminates the road ahead and then the light goes up on the right side to illuminate signs on the roadside.

Why do you think the cutoff is on the wrong side?? They are German LHD lights and not UK which are RHD.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:59 AM   #21
DR.ZED
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeed View Post
They are not the flat cutoff. They project a wide V ... illuminates the road ahead and then the light goes up on the right side to illuminate signs on the roadside.

Why do you think the cutoff is on the wrong side?? They are German LHD lights and not UK which are RHD.
My bad, wasn't meaning to imply anything.

I did an HID retro in my Jetta using Bosch HID projectors and I was sensitive to that and thought I'd ask.

One more thing, what is the difference between the Euro and US spec systems? I see a half moon cutout at the bottom, which I don't see on others.

I'm not trying to waste your time, I am mildly interested in these.
85 325e M5
07 Honda Shadow Spirit 750
DR.ZED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:47 PM   #22
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

hate to say it buy you can order the lense from hella and its just like changing a bulb to put in, pretty sure they are less then $100 a side
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:48 PM   #23
Fel
Not Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
hate to say it buy you can order the lense from hella and its just like changing a bulb to put in, pretty sure they are less then $100 a side
He's not selling just lenses, he's selling headlight assemblies.

Market dictates price.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:59 PM   #24
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

I am quite aware of that, but why go through the hassel of changing the assemblies when all you need to do is change the lenses. how do I say this, taking out a headlight assembly from and old car and putting in a set from another can be a pain in the ass. (10 years plus of pot holes and minor bumper taps in parking lost can tweek a front end's parts) When all one has to do is take 3 screws out and put in brand new lenses. If your a die hard has to be EURO then its a good price i guess, but if I can do something with new parts for the same price or a few bucks more, I will always choose that road.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:22 PM   #25
325isdan
5th Gear Member

Quote:
I am quite aware of that, but why go through the hassel of changing the assemblies when all you need to do is change the lenses. how do I say this, taking out a headlight assembly from and old car and putting in a set from another can be a pain in the ass. (10 years plus of pot holes and minor bumper taps in parking lost can tweek a front end's parts) When all one has to do is take 3 screws out and put in brand new lenses. If your a die hard has to be EURO then its a good price i guess, but if I can do something with new parts for the same price or a few bucks more, I will always choose that road.

they are more like $150 per light, not a side.

this is a very good deal.. wish I had the funds to pick these up.
325isdan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:27 PM   #26
TopSpeed
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Sorry to say but then you have never changed the lenses on one of these lights!

Yes there is 3 screws ... but even when you remove those 3 screws, the lens stays on the 3 adjuster screws and those you WILL crack if you try to remove them REGARDLESS! Oh ... $5 a pop from the dealer so it's $15 PER LIGHT. Those 3 screws you mention are only on the low beam. High beam you have to heat up to separate the lens from the housing.

These are in very good condition and I will hold on to them as long as I have to as I will just end up smoking these and throwing them on my Touring.

I am actually surprised on how many people will go and spend $100 on a set of 2 bulbs but will not spend $200 on a set of lights that even with my $20 set bulbs will outperform those. Did any of you see the output of the Euro high beams on these lights??? You can literally see 3 kms ahead if aimed properly!

Anyway .. still have these. Lots of interest, PMs, emails ... but noone wants to Paypal me any money
Old 11-12-2008, 12:09 AM   #27
TopSpeed
3rd Gear Member

Some pics so you can see what I meant by the low beam being held by the 3 screws. Anyway, these are better pics than the original ones so you can see the condition better.

Old 11-12-2008, 02:06 AM   #28
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

I was talking about the 3 screws that hold an north american bulb in, hella has a direct repalcement that goes right in, not plastic peices that break!!! put in the lenses and your choice of either a regular halogen or and Hed kit bulb and your gtg. The set your selling is a decent conversion, just not my thing and was offering others the info that there is more ways to get better lighting. I do notice that one of the lenses has been changed. Good luck and hope your getting what your asking. cheers

Also, why has the E30 threads turned into a classified section????
Old 11-12-2008, 11:14 AM   #29
Fel
Not Banned

Quote:
I was talking about the 3 screws that hold an north american bulb in, hella has a direct repalcement that goes right in, not plastic peices that break!!! put in the lenses and your choice of either a regular halogen or and Hed kit bulb and your gtg. The set your selling is a decent conversion, just not my thing and was offering others the info that there is more ways to get better lighting. I do notice that one of the lenses has been changed. Good luck and hope your getting what your asking. cheers

Also, why has the E30 threads turned into a classified section????
I guess it's just a matter of board etiquette... you don't walk into someone's sale thread and tell everyone that there are other options. This member is trying to sell some lights he has, and the thread should be kept to that effect...
Old 11-12-2008, 12:05 PM   #30
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Thank you very much Mr "Fel" for the advanced leson in etiquette. I am so sorry for offering my opion....oh wait something just happened....I just realized something, is this tread in the E30 tech form where people discuss mods and look for options???? IT IS....shit I thought I was in the classified part of Maxbimmer. I guess I am not sorry then. I beleive that proper "etiuette" Mr"Fel" would be to put the things you have for sale in the classified part of the forms, and if you decide to post it in a TECH area about cars, be open to opions!!!!! Cheers and happy motoring

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: