Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-13-2003, 08:05 PM   #1
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
Hydroxycut - Anyone here use it?

I'm just wondering what your opinions are on it because I want to tone up, and a couple of my friends say it's the best thing they've used since they started weight training, but i'd like to hear about some other people's expriences as well.
djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 08:08 PM   #2
Slowered318
Stuck in the 90's

Is it a protien powder or some kinda creatien

Last edited by Slowered318; 02-13-2003 at 08:22 PM.
Slowered318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 08:18 PM   #3
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
Quote:
Originally posted by Slowered318
Is it a protien powder or some kinda creatien compound?
something like that but it has ephedrine, caffeine, and aspirin in it as it's 3 medical ingredients (there are probably more too)
the rest are herbal, and other chemical enzymes

i know ephedrine isn't the greatest thing to take, but i'm willing to risk it, i've taken that stuff at clubs with no probs before =)
Old 02-13-2003, 08:29 PM   #4
Slowered318
Stuck in the 90's

So i'm guessing its for pre workout?

How often and how hard do you work out? The best is a all natural diet and hard work.. followed by a good protien supplement to re-build your muscles, lot's of amino acids are good too. Too bad the protien and whey tast so damn BAD!
Slowered318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 08:40 PM   #5
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

yeah i'll probably eventually go the protein route after I've worked off my layer of flab
right now I'm just going to focus on cardio and eating properly, so I can tone myself, i'm not so interested in huge muscles yet. I just want to lose the love handles that have formed ever since i stopped skateboarding since i'm going to cancun in a couple months =)

can't have flab hangin' over my swim trunks heheh

Last edited by djcontra; 02-13-2003 at 08:46 PM.
Old 02-13-2003, 11:55 PM   #6
Bob Loblaw
Zee Frog.

I'd stay away from that, if I were you.

Check this out:

Advisory
Health Canada requests recall of certain products containing Ephedra/ephedrine

OTTAWA- Health Canada is requesting a recall from the market of certain products containing Ephedra/ephedrine after a risk assessment concluded that these products pose a serious risk to health. Adverse events including stroke, heart attacks, heart rate irregularities, seizures, psychoses and deaths have been reported in association with the use of some products containing Ephedra/ephedrine. Ephedra refers to several related species of herbs. Ephedrine is one of many chemical derivatives of this herb.

This voluntary recall deals with products that are marketed without approval. These include:

Ephedra/ephedrine products having a dose unit of more than 8 mg of ephedrine or with a label recommending more than 8 mg/dose or 32 mg/day and/or are labelled or implied for use exceeding seven days;

all combination products containing Ephedra/ephedrine together with stimulants (e.g. caffeine) and other ingredients which might increase the effect of Ephedra/ephedrine in the body. A full table of ingredients containing caffeine is attached to this advisory;

Ephedra/ephedrine products with labelled or implied claims for appetite suppression, weight loss promotion, metabolic enhancement, increased exercise tolerance, body-building effects, euphoria, increased energy or wakefulness, or other stimulant effects.

Health Canada advises those Canadians who may be consuming these products to stop using them, and return them to their points of sale. Canadians suffering from heart conditions, high blood pressure and diabetes are among those particularly at risk.

Read more here.
Old 02-14-2003, 12:30 AM   #7
punnzzells
Banned

Send a message via MSN to punnzzells Send a message via Yahoo to punnzzells
OOOOOK.... hey bob....

F HEALTH CANADA! F CANADA PERIOD!

Hyrdoxcut is used for weight loss... i did not use this b4, i used thermogenics and theromax when i used to live in the states.... i used this to get my abs, it is ONLY a fat bruner, nothing else!

The only reason that Health Canada doesn't allow these products is b/c your heart rate is sped upto burn fat...... well whooopie! what the F do you do when you play sports or have sex? Are you at risk of having a heart attack? paaaaaaleeeeez!

If yo want to add musle mass then drink 2 eggs with milk and sugar in the morning, eat steaks, burgers and veals.... if you wanan do it the chemical way go buy emino acids or Chreatean. Chreatean can damage your liver though....

Why the hell would you believe Health Canada anyways, they can not decide to put manditory food labelings on our food and they talk about how smoke huhrts and kills.... lallalalaa....why won't they ban them....well we all know it is b/c of the tax $....

F CANADA! F QUEBEC! F REVENUE QUEBEC! F EM ALL TO ELL! (the "h" is silent)
punnzzells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 12:49 AM   #8
Bob Loblaw
Zee Frog.

Quote:
Originally posted by punnzzells
F QUEBEC! F REVENUE QUEBEC! F EM ALL TO ELL! (the "h" is silent)
Hmmmm, yeah. And how's that supposed to reinforce your point?
Old 02-14-2003, 01:01 AM   #9
Lil'Smoothie

I have a few friends who use it, they gotta take it like 3 times a day before each meal. They have seen results from what I've heard but they all take like everything imaginable so i dunno if it actually works. Just workout for a little while first, before you try any enhancements, and than use em seperate to see whats working and what isnt. very expensive tho $$$

a jar of hydroxycut is like 40 bucks I beleive
Old 02-14-2003, 01:24 AM   #10
sirex
King Sirex

man u dont need enhancements.. if u do it all natural way its better for u
Old 02-14-2003, 01:24 AM   #11
1BADBMW
6th Gear Member

if you want to loose weight you have to RUN, if you want to get big and have musle mass, you have to work out on a PLAN and eat protiens [protien shakes and powders r ok]
if u want good results u have to have a strong will!.....good luck

--> PARTING OUT E21 320 <--
1BADBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 03:36 PM   #12
Miguel
...Delt Smash

Arrow THE TRUTH ABOUT HYDROXYCUT!!!

OK SCREW WHAT OTHERS HAVE "HEARD" HERES THE DOWN-LO FROM A REGULAR USER... ME!

I love my hydroxycut, I find it very mild compared to other supplements such as "ripped fuel" or "Xenadrine". The only noticeable effect I get from Hydroxycut is I lose my appetite. This means you are not hungry and that is how you lose weight. If you want a supplement that speeds up your heart rate and therefor your metabolism look into the other 2 products I mentioned.

I lost about 15LBS. on Hydroxycut in about 2 months. Great product and I recommend it to anybody who is a bit overweight or just looking to trim down. As a matter of fact, if you want you can PM me and Ill hook you up with were to buy it and a good schedule to take it! I am at my peek looks-wise right now and I am a die-hard fan of hydroxycut.

I recommend it to everyone!
Attached Images
File Type: gif manwhore.gif (4.0 KB, 113 views)
Old 02-14-2003, 04:22 PM   #13
Dahero
2nd Gear Member

If you are using hydroxycut just make sure you use the American one. There is a Canadian version to but it is missing one major ingriedient that isn't approved by the Canadian Food and Drug Administration. They do sell the American one illegally in Canada at a lot of Places. I know a couple of places here in Calgary that have them.

The Canadian version is sold at GNC stores but it isn't as good as the American version.

I have never used the Cdn version but a few of my friends told me that it wasn't that good. The american version I have tried and it is good, but make sure you are commited to getting into shape before starting it. I wasn't but it worked alright.

One of my buddy's went crazy on the shit and he lost over 60 lbs using the American version of Hydroxy Cut. He ate like 3 pills in the morning and three pills in the evening and it worked for him. He is still overweight but he looks a hell of a lot better now then he did before.

Just my two cents

Later All
Dahero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 05:54 PM   #14
Spartiatis
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Spartiatis
Dj Contra

Hydroxycut is for weight loss. But for weight loss you need to have a lot of protein in your system. To build muscle you need it and to lose weight you need it. (and alot of it, at least 1 gram per pound of body weight)

Also, I think you should try xenedrine. Good stuff. Just make sure you get it in the states like someone else said before.

If you want something really strong, the strongest of them all out there, try yellow jackets. They are really powerful.

Or if you want take Asprin, caffine, ephedrine and green tee and they will do the same thing.

But remember, you need the protein!
Spartiatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 06:01 PM   #15
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

thanks for all the input! I ended up ordering a container of 210 hydroxycut pills for only $49 off of http://www.supplementscanada.com/ so I can try it out. I think I recall the same ammount here in toronto was retailing for over $150, so I figured $50 isn't bad.

when i'm out at the mall today i'll probably pickup some protein shake (maybe for later on down the road if i get serious). I used to have creatine at home but i used
that up a couple years ago when i was more active =)

is whey powder the shake i want to get? any suggestions on brands?

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

Last edited by djcontra; 02-14-2003 at 06:04 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: