I've been working on this one for quite awhile and got sidetracked with moving back to Toronto in the middle of it. Engine was fully torn down and rebuilt with new bearings, rings, all gaskets & seals, rebuilt head. I used ireland engineering urethane engine and tranny mounts. I ordered mount arms from england which were a less expensive copy of the e30.de ones. The engine sits in position III. Mated to getrag 265 from E34. I used an E30 325e driveshaft without having to modify.
Also did an E30m3 5 lug conversion and an Mcoupe rack swap at same time. Thought I'd post a few pics. Final engine result needs a little tidy up including movement of power steering reservoir. Other than that it runs great, lots of torque, and the new rack spices things up.
Donor Car, 89 E34 5 speed. Crashed literally right outside my door so I bought it on the spot.
My E30 Engine bay "pre swap" complete with rusty battery tray, an M20, and a LOT of cosmoline.
Engine, tranny, subframe, and suspension removed
M30 Torn down and being rebuilt
Battery tray replaced, engine bay prepped and painted
Various parts sandblasted
Lightweight M5 flywheel next to standard issue M30 dual mass ... big difference
Engine about ready to go in
Engine in... woo hoo! Lots of wiring to do...