Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Supporting Events > Bimmercruise
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-29-2008, 10:59 AM   #16
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

thanks to all of max coordinators and members for making it an awesome event. Kudos to Randy.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:35 AM   #17
hackman
2nd Gear Member

Show was awesome

First Bimmer Cruise as I just bought my Car, looking forward to winning something next year.

Definitely bigger lot and variety of food options as the only thing offered was Pork hot dogs and there were quite a bit of people that don't eat Prok.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:26 PM   #18
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

I am going to make one stink however, and thats the burnout contest. Since there were so little contestants, ( chris is not counted because he wasn t allowed to compete he was just showboating), its not fair that first place got taken away from the RX-7 which clearly tromped the two e36s, one with a open diff and the other which was just trashed.

This is all because the owner of the black e36, the one with a embarrassing open diff) made a huge stink that the mazda wasn t a bmw., In all honestly, the truth is it outdid you, next time don t bring a open diff car, because your complaint was unjustified. If you think that you are right, then Chris should of gotten first place because he did a much better job.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:40 PM   #19
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Kudos to Randy and all others that helped in the event. I think it was great .. location was great as well. As Randy said, there were only 150 competing had they had room for 200. I didnt see that much room left. My buddy and I took a walk to the other parking lots to check out some cars and we seen some cars that should have been in the show. I seen a really nice Z4 with the words "NextMod" on it and 4 beautiful white Bimmers lined up together. I'd rather see a parking lot full of BMW's in the show or not. It can be the smallest mod that can bring up a conversation or interest.

I was very surprised not to see Bimmian. I would have thought they would have some stuff for sale .. too bad for them .. their loss.

btw, I heard I won the basket but wasnt there to collect that blows.

and I think Randy's idea is great for the next meet. Would love to go on the drag against some of you guys.

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown

Last edited by Blades; 09-29-2008 at 12:42 PM.
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 12:46 PM   #20
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 405Style View Post
I am going to make one stink however, and thats the burnout contest. Since there were so little contestants, ( chris is not counted because he wasn t allowed to compete he was just showboating), its not fair that first place got taken away from the RX-7 which clearly tromped the two e36s, one with a open diff and the other which was just trashed.

This is all because the owner of the black e36, the one with a embarrassing open diff) made a huge stink that the mazda wasn t a bmw., In all honestly, the truth is it outdid you, next time don t bring a open diff car, because your complaint was unjustified. If you think that you are right, then Chris should of gotten first place because he did a much better job.
I concur.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 12:48 PM   #21
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Thanks a lot for a wonderful show Randy, you really are a gem in the BMW world. I am so glad we have someone willing to go the extra mile and put all of their own time and effort into something so special to many of us.

I would also like to say that Julian(Gamite), is a Jerk.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Toys
Old 09-29-2008, 12:51 PM   #22
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover View Post
I would also like to say that Julian(Gamite), is a Jerk.
did he take 1st place from you? poor baby

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 12:52 PM   #23
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack View Post
did he take 1st place from you? poor baby
Ya, I ended up with "Runner Up".
It's ok. I am just being a baby.

Toys

Last edited by bmwm5lover; 09-29-2008 at 01:34 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:08 PM   #24
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades View Post
As Randy said, there were only 150 competing had they had room for 200. I didnt see that much room left.
What I said, was PAST years only had 150 show cars (actual competitors who paid)... so I thought a lot that holds 200 would be large enough if it were open to only competitors.

Quote:
I'd rather see a parking lot full of BMW's in the show or not.
It will never happen again @Bimmercruise. If you want to enter the show, simply pay the (frugal) $20 to compete. Spectator parking will always be seperate from now on. I don't want spectators driving away mid-show, through crowds of people. If you compete, you have to stay till the end... like every other car show on the planet. This is also the reason we will not have it @Applewood plaza again. We need to control who enter/exits the premisis.

Quote:
I was very surprised not to see Bimmian. I would have thought they would have some stuff for sale .. too bad for them .. their loss.
Bimmian is currently in Europe, hence their absence. I tried to get them out, I also had a few things to buy from them. Their warehouse is only a few KM's away in Whitby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackman View Post
Show was awesome

First Bimmer Cruise as I just bought my Car, looking forward to winning something next year.

Definitely bigger lot and variety of food options as the only thing offered was Pork hot dogs and there were quite a bit of people that don't eat Prok.

Thanks for the props.

300 hot dogs gone in 2hrs begs to differ. I will offer veggie-dogs next time and buy twice as many. Point noted.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 01:14 PM   #25
Furious
BMW again.

thanks randy for a great show, i do agree about the parking lot location. it would be nice if there was another parking lot close by so one could be dedicated to the show the other to spectators. im not a fan of having people park on the streets. all in all it wasnt a huge issue. the big issue was definately the food. next time MORE FOOD RANDY!
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 01:25 PM   #26
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious View Post
thanks randy for a great show, i do agree about the parking lot location. it would be nice if there was another parking lot close by so one could be dedicated to the show the other to spectators. im not a fan of having people park on the streets. all in all it wasnt a huge issue. the big issue was definately the food. next time MORE FOOD RANDY!
The parking lot behind the show (gravel) was large enough to hold 600 cars. Spectators were instructed to park there by our parking crew, but many must have been
1)Lazy
2)Anal about dust
3)wanted to show their car close to the event, without paying $20?

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 01:37 PM   #27
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

I agree, if you are too cheap to fork out 20$ to support a great event, then you've made your choice and shouldn;t cry like a baby.

As long as I can make it out with a BMW, I will enter the car, not so much to win(i;ve never won in the past), but to show that we appreciate all the work and effort and we contribute to it becoming a success.

My only complaint is about the cruise, too many gravel roads were apart of the route, aside from that, it was great.

To those bitching about the food, who cares? Are you there to eat or look at sexy cars?

Once again, thank you Randy and crew.

Toys

Last edited by bmwm5lover; 09-29-2008 at 01:40 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:42 PM   #28
INFAMOU$
Automotive Puppeteer

Send a message via MSN to INFAMOU$
Show was good.. Here are my "improvement" thoughts:

-I liked the open Concept of Mosport on the grass last year better..
-No free T-shirt this year was a bummer as I was looking forward to that (my main reason for entry)
-I got food so I am not complaining there and prices were VERY REASONABLE! Kudos! Just sounds like more was needed for those who waited too long..
-Burn out contest was a Disaster IMO.
#1.. if you don't know how to do a burn out then you shouldn't be competing or allowed to enter (popping your engines off the rev limiters =FAIL..)
#2.. people shouldn't be allowed to stand around a small area with people who don't know how to do burnouts (this was asking for a car to hook and fly out into the crowd)..
#3.. Offering a maximum size of a 17" tire replacement was kinda weak as most of us have 18's or larger now..

All that aside.. the fact that Dyno was offered was cool and it was a nice day out for sure! Again I liked Mosport better especially with the track being there and all the open space.. not to mention it's only 30 minutes from my house
INFAMOU$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 01:45 PM   #29
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Well, food was extremely reasonable, I didn't enter my car in because truthfully it was dirty and not show worthy yet. I still say the rx-7 should of won and if not chris, because the other two were just embarassing.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:46 PM   #30
Bimmerette
3rd Gear Member

Bimmercruise was amazing. Thanks EMPOWERD!
Bimmerette is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: