Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > Performance & Software
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-10-2008, 10:17 PM   #16
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craz azn View Post
^ Wow. Impressive on street tires
yea, and it's making a lot more power now... at least another 50whp since that time @ the track... it's easy a low to mid 11 second car with a good tire as it sits right now @ 22psi.

New coil pack solved the spark issue and since the the boost controller was properly dialed in @ 17psi for low boost and 22 psi high boost at the flick of a button.

Also, just did a compression test on the motor 2 weekends ago... this motor has seen about 40k of boosted action... has gone to Montreal and back and got 550 to a tank just like my stock VR6.

Compression test results were 150psi across the board (3 cranks). The motor is in great condition. No leaks, no noises, nothing.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:06 PM   #17
dgmorr
4th Gear Member

It's no longer the 2.7?
dgmorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:12 AM   #18
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

nope... the 2.7 while we did turbo it had a minor incident while boosted (fuel pump issue), so on two (or three) pistons the ring lands let go. We found someone in the US selling SETA pistons and rods.. but due to crappy packaging most came damaged. While we did run it for a while a low boost on some iffy pistons... we decided to put in a stock 2.5 bottom end as parts are more readily available which we got from T.Dot E30 on here... that bottom end has been in there ever since.

Also, once the 2.7 was boosted we also had to do the I head conversion (cam, double valve springs, etc). Not sure if you were aware, but you said you did an I head swap, in reality the car had just a normal SETA head on it.

Although you might like to know that the 2.7 as you gave it to us made 16xWHP with just a street tune and stand alone
Old 11-11-2008, 08:19 AM   #19
dgmorr
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR View Post
nope... the 2.7 while we did turbo it had a minor incident while boosted (fuel pump issue), so on two (or three) pistons the ring lands let go. We found someone in the US selling SETA pistons and rods.. but due to crappy packaging most came damaged. While we did run it for a while a low boost on some iffy pistons... we decided to put in a stock 2.5 bottom end as parts are more readily available which we got from T.Dot E30 on here... that bottom end has been in there ever since.

Also, once the 2.7 was boosted we also had to do the I head conversion (cam, double valve springs, etc). Not sure if you were aware, but you said you did an I head swap, in reality the car had just a normal SETA head on it.

Although you might like to know that the 2.7 as you gave it to us made 16xWHP with just a street tune and stand alone
I used an 887 head, I cam, but did not use double valve springs - couldn't get them when I needed them. But I agree, SETA parts are not that easy to come by.

160ish whp is nice! Can't imagine what 400hp would do to that thing! I want it back, but I promised I'd get one with no rust this time around. I'm assuming the drivetrain with no car will be the same price?

Last edited by dgmorr; 11-11-2008 at 08:24 AM.
dgmorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:54 AM   #20
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

well the 887 casting head as also on the seta motors and I have my doubts about the cam you say was an I because when we put a real I cam in it lost almost of bottom end torque.

Anyways call the owner Dave if you are interested on just the drivetrain. His number is in the first post.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:44 PM   #21
bigdutch
2nd Gear Member

Just wanna bump this, cause this guy came to check out parts off my e30 last week and took me for a ride in this thing.. and it scared the shit out of me... holy mother of god, its retarded..
bigdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:06 PM   #22
jeremy
6th Gear Member

You forgot to block the plate in one pic.
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:55 PM   #23
bitchfree
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
You forgot to block the plate in one pic.
its ok i dont care
bitchfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:04 PM   #24
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

this car is coming back stronger then ever this year... stay tuned! 500WHP on a stock motor....
Old 02-26-2010, 11:05 PM   #25
e30_kid89
The Afro-stig

Send a message via MSN to e30_kid89
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR View Post
this car is coming back stronger then ever this year... stay tuned! 500WHP on a stock motor....
If it stays together, I shall be very impressed!
Old 06-16-2010, 09:47 PM   #26
bitchfree
2nd Gear Member

lol i'll make it stay together
bitchfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:28 AM   #27
xpress325
1st Gear Newbie

Nice Car BitchFree. I saw the german's video of you guys spearing the doors.
xpress325 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: