Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-10-2003, 04:57 PM   #1
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair
Motorcycle Training Courses?

Well I got a notice in the mail today from the MTO telling me that my M2 expires in June, so I guess I should do my M2 exiting test soon (once the weather clears up obviously).

Any one know of any decent Motorcycle course in the GTA? My only real problem is that I don't have a bike of my own yet, so I'd need a place that teaches with their own bikes.

I took my M1 exiting course/test with YD/Sheridan college, but it seems that they don't let you use their bikes for the M2 exiting course/tests anymore.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 05:29 PM   #2
maverick
5th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to maverick
no they dont let you use their bikes because theres a highway element and they dont quite cut the mustard for highway speeds...hmm i'll look into it for you but I know that Humber want you to supply your own bike too. Do you have any REALLY trusting friends that will let you borrow their bike for the weekend.

PIMP'N AIN'T EASY
especially in a sunturd
maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 05:29 PM   #3
1BADBMW
6th Gear Member

i did my M2 at cetenial last march, they have honda125s, 250s and buell 500s! it was great, soooooo much fun but it was raining all the time which was more fun....i will do my M soon, i'm pretty sure that you need your own bike for M....... ya, see if you can borrow some friends bike, i don't know a place that rents bikes!!!.....good luck man!

Last edited by 1BADBMW; 02-10-2003 at 05:32 PM.
1BADBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 10:45 PM   #4
sirex
King Sirex

while we are on the same topic i really want to get my m but i still haven;t gotten my m1..

when i do get my m1 how long do i need to wait till i can go and get my m2?.. and is the m2 a written test or road test and do u need a motorcycel to do ure m1 exit test?

also do insurance companies insure people with there m1? if they do how much (if u know) would it cost to insure a 17 year old?
Old 02-11-2003, 03:50 AM   #5
1BADBMW
6th Gear Member

sirex,
when you get your M1[writen] you can go and get your M2 right after since M1 is only good for 3 months, but you have to register for a motorcyle training course offered at a collage near you, they usually give you a bike for training and testing, mine was a 3 day course which they did the test by the end of 3rd day at centenial, then you have 4 years to get your M before your M2 go rotten! and you need your own bike for M.........good luck!
some insurance copmanies do insure M1 but it's very expensive$$$ and if you are under 21 the rates are very very high, unless you got a rich dady[j/k]......
1BADBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 01:09 PM   #6
sirex
King Sirex

thanks man

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: