Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Quebec/Gatineau/Ottawa
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-14-2008, 08:34 PM   #1
jeffrie
Addict

Having issues.

Was out playing in the rain today near home and my ride started sputtering and not running so sh*t hot... Was also hard to start after a stall.
Brought it home and threw the tester to it and had about 12 fault codes, weird part is no CEL?... Were from anything from misfires to bad O2 sensor codes, even had a DISA fault code in their?...
Still have all the boost, any Ideas?

Current Mods....X-Brace, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust, 17/225/45 M3 Replicas, HotBits Adjustable Coil Overs, 40% LSD 3:91 Diff, E30 Gearbox, Boosted.
jeffrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 08:40 PM   #2
ecuconnection
6th Gear Member

ouch! hopefully it's nothing major good luck!
ecuconnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 08:43 PM   #3
jeffrie
Addict

Think I'll blame Lee, he cursed me just yesterday saying I'm the only FI guy in Ottawa with no issues...

Current Mods....X-Brace, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust, 17/225/45 M3 Replicas, HotBits Adjustable Coil Overs, 40% LSD 3:91 Diff, E30 Gearbox, Boosted.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:29 PM   #4
carjoe
6th Gear Member

Wet DME? Wet coils? Arcing at the plugs?

I keep thinking it has to do with rain. Since it happened after driving around in it.

I know my car hates rain. I've never tracked it down to the DME so I can only speculate coils. Drive it hard enough and everything dries up and goes back to normal.

93 325is - sold!

2000 540ia- sold!

carjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:05 AM   #5
jeffrie
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carjoe View Post
Wet DME?
Not sure what a DME is but if you mean a ECU (Electronic control unit) then I'd think your 100 % correct.
I yanked my TT stage 3 programed ECU and replaced it with my stock ECU and well... Was stupid surprised...
Thinking my TT S3 ECU was done when I installed it, now I ended up going back to stock programing and well, I end up with "A LOT" more TQ.
I loose my old 7K RPM limiter, now 6400 and once again I'' m limited to a top speed of 190KPH but holy... The TQ gain isn't a little bit... If I shift too fast my clutch is slipping now WITH STOCK PROGRAMING? @ 10 PSI.... Thinking I installed a bummed ECU and it's finaly sh*t out... Running great agin with my old "stock" ECU back in.
I spent a good 45 min pounding the piss out of my car to see if any problems might accure setup this way, found none.

Good info for Bear, apperently 4 pot BMW can run 30lbs injectors on stock programing @ 10 PSI with no issues (without a RRFPR) or any programing.

Last edited by jeffrie; 09-15-2008 at 12:46 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:34 AM   #6
jeffrie
Addict

Still... it's Lee's fault, I expect a Jack and 2 spare tires for when I test drive his ride, He will need to film the smoke to remember... He did mention that he's easy going with frinds playing with his ride... I plan to change that... I need a parkinglot and WILL show you what a 3.2L can do.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:05 AM   #7
carjoe
6th Gear Member

Glad to hear it's fixed and somewhat better too!

93 325is - sold!

2000 540ia- sold!

carjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:27 PM   #8
chromius
6th Gear Member

Glad to hear it was a quick fix. Any way you can reprogram to keep the stock tune, but up the rev limit and speed limiter back to what it was?
Old 09-15-2008, 02:15 PM   #9
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

lol look at you! even your issues turn awesome.

'this was broken, so i swapped this plug & play component & BAM double torq!'

what the hell

--

Quote:
Good info for Bear, apperently 4 pot BMW can run 30lbs injectors on stock programing @ 10 PSI with no issues (without a RRFPR) or any programing.
cool to know! hmm maybe i should try that 1 day..
bet it would cut most of the ritchness that the extra injector setup i have creates

Last edited by bmdbley'sBro; 09-15-2008 at 02:19 PM.
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:17 AM   #10
jeffrie
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromius View Post
Glad to hear it was a quick fix. Any way you can reprogram to keep the stock tune, but up the rev limit and speed limiter back to what it was?
Think I'd need Raph to do that for me, or pick up another spare ECU and send it out to MarkD.
Besides looks like I need to upgrade my clutch as is already.
Was planning on the single mass e30 flywheel & clutch pack upgrade anyway, geussing it will be sooner then later.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: