Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Sightings
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-03-2008, 09:40 AM   #1
BMW.325IS
2nd Gear Member

Not alone in Nova Scotia

finally saw a BMW out here on vacation spotted this in the middle of nowhere town..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GetAttachment.aspx.jpg (31.4 KB, 120 views)

BMW.325IS
1995 325is-written off
2000 323ci- current

Last edited by BMW.325IS; 09-03-2008 at 09:53 AM.
BMW.325IS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 10:21 AM   #2
E36is
'OldSchool..'

^^ thats not a BMW... its too fugly
E36is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:39 AM   #3
Gamite

sick, I love white X6's.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:02 PM   #4
kav
1st Gear Newbie

LOL.. Just having moved from NS, there are lost of BMWs but most of them are in Halifax. Depends where you are I guess.

BTW that thing is gross.
Z4MC - Full clear bra, OEM CSL PS2, RPI Scoop, BMC filter, RPI skid plates, SuperSprint Street Powerloop Exhaust, Superspring X pipe, CSL Euro Headers, UCC Evo3, ESS ECU, Stront Strut bar, DZ CDV, Reverse camera
kav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:45 PM   #5
Sneaky
One of the Zealots

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW.325IS View Post
finally saw a BMW out here on vacation spotted this in the middle of nowhere town..
Are u driving the 323 in Nova Scotia? Ur car must be considered a lambo over there lol.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:51 PM   #6
BMW.325IS
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky View Post
Are u driving the 323 in Nova Scotia? Ur car must be considered a lambo over there lol.

Thought I'd have a road trip in style glad i did lots of mountain twisties out here Oh yes all the trucks and souped up civics,sunfires etc stop and stare and every time i stop at a gas station i get asked lots of questions its kind of funny. I'm going to Halifax this week so maybe I'll blend in a little more..
too bad the Guy at Hopwell rocks wouldn't let me drive my car down to get a pic..lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fundy.jpg (35.0 KB, 74 views)

BMW.325IS
1995 325is-written off
2000 323ci- current
Old 09-03-2008, 02:58 PM   #7
kav
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW.325IS View Post
Thought I'd have a road trip in style glad i did lots of mountain twisties out here Oh yes all the trucks and souped up civics,sunfires etc stop and stare and every time i stop at a gas station i get asked lots of questions its kind of funny. I'm going to Halifax this week so maybe I'll blend in a little more..lol
The Guy at Hopwell rocks wouldn't let me drive my car down to get a pic..lol
You must be visiting some pretty small out of the way towns. I lived in Halifax, and visted Sackville, Truro and many other cities in NS and NB in my 2007 Z4 M coupe and never had the experience you are describing. Don't get me wrong, a 325 is a very nice car, but I cannot imagine after living there for nearly 10 years that anyone would approach you unless yours happens to be pink.

New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, contrary to popular belief, are not pickup driving hick towns that some may think they are.
Z4MC - Full clear bra, OEM CSL PS2, RPI Scoop, BMC filter, RPI skid plates, SuperSprint Street Powerloop Exhaust, Superspring X pipe, CSL Euro Headers, UCC Evo3, ESS ECU, Stront Strut bar, DZ CDV, Reverse camera
Old 09-03-2008, 03:27 PM   #8
Sneaky
One of the Zealots

Quote:
Originally Posted by kav View Post
You must be visiting some pretty small out of the way towns. I lived in Halifax, and visted Sackville, Truro and many other cities in NS and NB in my 2007 Z4 M coupe and never had the experience you are describing. Don't get me wrong, a 325 is a very nice car, but I cannot imagine after living there for nearly 10 years that anyone would approach you unless yours happens to be pink.

New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, contrary to popular belief, are not pickup driving hick towns that some may think they are.
I dont know how old you are, but the OP seems younger, like 20s. Theres definitely a different kind of a reaction when you see a younger person in a nice car then when u see an older person....because its unexpected, young people also are more approachable.

If I see person in this 20s with a Porsche 911 id be more inclined to compliment or ask him a question as opposed to seeing the classic middle aged guy who probably is too busy with work to appreciate his car.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:31 PM   #9
Boots R
Boots, not boost

Quote:

Don't worry, some people here have this ignorance about anywhere that's not local to them.
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:49 PM   #10
kav
1st Gear Newbie

I'm 26, and I don't mean to be rude at all. I'm glad BMW.325IS is having a good time in NS, I was just saying it was strange how shocked people seemed to be at his car. I've seen everything for local Lambos, to Maybachs in NS.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:53 PM   #11
BMW.325IS
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
I'm 26, and I don't mean to be rude at all. I'm glad BMW.325IS is having a good time in NS, I was just saying it was strange how shocked people seemed to be at his car. I've seen everything for local Lambos, to Maybachs in NS.
I'm 25 and i don't think all of Nova Scotia/ Brunswick is like this. To who ever is complaining, Yes. I was in some small towns.

My girl Friend who was born and raised in Nova Scotia for 20 years is with me and she will confirm about all the trucks and supped up sun fires encountered in my story..lol. Everyone who talked to me were not SHOCKED, and all OMG its a BMW.They just were nice and wanted to talk cars. I think some people on here need to relax and go on Vacation themselves

And yes I'm having a great trip, thanks

BMW.325IS
1995 325is-written off
2000 323ci- current

Last edited by BMW.325IS; 09-03-2008 at 04:58 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: