Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > X series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-05-2010, 01:16 PM   #1
2k328Ci
1st Gear Newbie

Question A little help with rims - will ET35 look ok on my X3si?

Hi all,

I currently have OEM style 204 ET46mm rims and was considering getting a second set of winter rims. The ones I like only has ET35 in stock, the shop said it would be no problem - but does that mean each tire will stick out 11mm out of my wheel well? Won't that look a bit "hot wheels" like? They said I could accommodate up to ET32mm, but I don't want it looking "funky".

Thanks,
Wm
Old 11-05-2010, 01:42 PM   #2
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

You will be fine. Chances are they are narrower than the stock wheels also, making the offset difference negligible.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:54 PM   #3
2k328Ci
1st Gear Newbie

They are both 8" wide, so will it look a little sunken in compared to the stock tires or a little pushed out (bow legged)? I feel cars look odd when the tires are sunken into the well.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:44 PM   #4
Mystikal

It will be 11mm further out. You'll still have about 20mm to go before it's flush with the front fender, 30mm with the rear.

@stancejay
Old 11-05-2010, 03:57 PM   #5
2k328Ci
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
It will be 11mm further out. You'll still have about 20mm to go before it's flush with the front fender, 30mm with the rear.
Thanks so much! Will that look weird or will it look ok? What do you think about CSL replicas on an SUV?

I've always wanted them for my coupe, but never had the money laying around to upsize my tires. Maybe I can swap them someday;-)
Old 11-05-2010, 04:16 PM   #6
Mystikal

You'd honestly barely notice the difference, but it will be one for the better. I've never seen CSLs on an X3! LOL it'd probably look alright.

@stancejay

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: