Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Detailing & Care
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-29-2008, 07:14 AM   #1
E36is
'OldSchool..'

Advice on windshield cleaning

How do i get rid of windshield road film. My drivers side windshield seems to be covered with some sort film that whenever i use my wiper it smears instead of clearing resulting in no visibility either in very light rain/heavy rain and snow conditions. Ive replaced my blades with bosch products (this year) but the results are still the same. Ive used a paste type product from canadian tire (glass stripper) rubbed it on the windshield 3 times and the results are still the same. Any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance.
E36is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:56 AM   #2
zackman17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36is View Post
How do i get rid of windshield road film. My drivers side windshield seems to be covered with some sort film that whenever i use my wiper it smears instead of clearing resulting in no visibility either in very light rain/heavy rain and snow conditions. Ive replaced my blades with bosch products (this year) but the results are still the same. Ive used a paste type product from canadian tire (glass stripper) rubbed it on the windshield 3 times and the results are still the same. Any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance.
hmm.. have you tried a de-greaser it will remove bug and road grime. sometimes you have to be carefull with products u apply to your windshield due to the fact that glass is porous and it will absorb the stuff you put on it like rain x ect havent heard of glass stripper...let me look into this a bit more.
zackman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:29 AM   #3
E36is
'OldSchool..'

^^ hey, i appreciate your help! would simple green degreaser do the job as well?

here is the product i have used.

http://www.permatex.com/products/Aut...s_Stripper.htm
Old 07-30-2008, 04:43 PM   #4
Mikeee46coup
6th Gear Member

I find Stoners invisible glass does a great job at removing grime after a long winter/roadtrip.

DPE Wheels, H&R Cupkit, M3 Interior...too many mods to list.
Mikeee46coup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:41 AM   #5
bscarlett
2nd Gear Member

Another option is to use detailer's clay. This will remove tar and sap as well. Once it completely clean, use a high quality wax like Klasse Alll in One on the windshield, water will bead right up while you are driving and the wipers glide across the windshield. During that huge storm yesterday, I had no problem seeing after using this treatment.

2005 X5 Sterling Grey/Truffle Brown, Premium and Cold Weather Package, DICE iPod Kit, Bluetooth, DSP, Comfort seats, Invision DVD Headrests, Valentine V1 hardwired, TomTom GPS
bscarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 12:03 PM   #6
E36is
'OldSchool..'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeee46coup View Post
I find Stoners invisible glass does a great job at removing grime after a long winter/roadtrip.

^^ thanks for the recommendation! With the combination of Stoners and Rain-x i can finally see the road/traffic when its raining.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: