Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-05-2003, 04:24 PM   #1
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

Question Any one here Snowboarding?

Yesterday i went to blue mointain took one lesson snowboarding and maaaaaan i loved it, it's much better than skiing!!! That's for sure! had lot's of fun,You hurt yourself sometimes but it wasn't that bad hehe, PLus i was stuck there because of snow storm so i stayed overnight, and today i was driving on a snow all the way from Blue mountain till berry 400 highway, that's crazy...

SNowboarding RULEZ. What you think?
Old 02-05-2003, 04:27 PM   #2
Rolled_Out
Just chillin...

yah boarding is sickkkk
but the girls that snowboard are sicker!!!!
and them ski bunnies
Old 02-05-2003, 05:31 PM   #3
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
I like to board, but i went to blue mountain for the first time last month, and i ended up getting hurt pretty bad. I think the blue hills there are just a little too steep for my skill level. I would fall, and would keep sliding down the mountain, unable to stop myself.

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 05:39 PM   #4
Razkal
6th Gear Member

Snowboarding is amazing!! I have been riding since 1989. I used to compete when I was younger and alot more daring. We should arrange a MaxBimmer snowboard day..... before the season is done

Need any help with branding your company/services? :
http://www.businessninja.ca

Razkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 08:27 PM   #5
nos_fx
2nd Gear Member

I used to ski, but then I saw how lame it was, so now I board...and I will never go back!!!
Old 02-05-2003, 11:13 PM   #6
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

I ski, too afraid to board.....

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual-1 of 1 - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'04 Volvo S60R/6spd.:Nautical Blue/Gobi&Black
'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:. 1 of 8 SOLD
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 11:30 PM   #7
Soldo
6th Gear Member

i tried skin for the first time last year, and i wasn't a BIG FAN, i can't keep my feet together, and i end up with sore NUTS!!
i skateboard a bit, and was wondering, is SNOWBOARDIN really easier than skiing?!
i think it would be since my feet would be together, i plan on trying it this weekend!
Old 02-05-2003, 11:46 PM   #8
e30_325_s52
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to e30_325_s52 Send a message via AIM to e30_325_s52 Send a message via Yahoo to e30_325_s52
its really easy when u get the hang of it...its not hard.. i been doin it for 3 yrs now..i love it....except when it rains...its a bitch when u fall on the ice..whoa buddy..ull have a sore ass..i throw snowballs at people when im boardin down the mountain and i also sit back courch down and board...but it shouldnt be hard at all if u keep tryin...practice makes perfect,,well kinda....but i took 3 lessons...and my friend took all 6...and i waste him all the time...and also get some good wax...i bought this shit its...lik wax but its in a liquid...u rub it on....damn i was flyin...i had to wait for my friend for a good 10 minutes to keep up wit me...but it was expensive for it...$10 (usd) for it...and i used it twice...but i was loved the wax shit...well good luck and have fun..
Old 02-06-2003, 12:21 AM   #9
WASABI
OG

I just got into it too. Went a couple times this winter and I like it.

Maxbimmer snowboard trip eh Sanj ! Let's do it !
WASABI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 12:36 AM   #10
Mr seville
6th Gear Member

i went snowboarding a coupleweeks ago with no lesson nothing and i ended up breaking my tailbone it hurt like hell and it still does!!!
Mr seville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 12:55 AM   #11
e30_325_s52
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to e30_325_s52 Send a message via AIM to e30_325_s52 Send a message via Yahoo to e30_325_s52
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr seville
i went snowboarding a coupleweeks ago with no lesson nothing and i ended up breaking my tailbone it hurt like hell and it still does!!!
whoa...that sux..sorry to hear that..i got hit by the chairlift one time on my ass bone(tail bone)..it was my brothers fault...he pushed me down and when i got up i got hit by it..and the damn bastard didnt slow it down so i wouldnt get hit by it...so when i got up again..i turned to the dude....took off my glove and gave him the finger...and said **** u bitch and then i left
Old 02-06-2003, 01:14 AM   #12
sirex
King Sirex

snowboarding is amazing.. i used to snowboard.. like i would go up to the ski resort and rent, but i never got really good at it.. i did it for like 2 years i went up about 10 times.. it is sick and all, but i ended up buying skiis.. im kinda regretting it now cuz i just wanna do tricks and shit but meh skiis are cool to i guess.
Old 02-06-2003, 01:26 AM   #13
notmpowered
bent rims

I just got home from riding the local hill, I had some sweet lines going.... backside 180 off the big top table and switch frontside 540s off the bottom,i kept them really smooth too. Ive snowboarded a lot for like the past 6 or 7 years and there is nothing as satisfying as learning new tricks and stuff. Definately one of my favorite activities along with golfing and driving.
notmpowered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 03:23 AM   #14
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

A deathwish on snow waiting to happen. Tried skiing, bad experience. Tried snowshoeing (don't laugh), bad experience. Tried ice hockey -- awesome, especially when you can't stop and use another player to cushion you as you squash the other guy into the boards to stop.
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 03:33 AM   #15
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

i want to take lessons maybe next season when i get money!

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: