Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > Private Classifieds Feedback
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-29-2008, 07:53 PM   #1
VSanj
6th Gear Member

Supercharged Scammed Me

anyways, its not a HUGE deal, i just hate being lied to.

a while back I posted a thread asking if anyone had a computer for sale. I needed something to burn CD's and store some mp3s on so i didnt care much for looks brand etc. well here is my exchange with supercharged

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERCHARGED
I have an Enachines 1.2 GHZ 128mb ram 80 gig HD with 17" Flat monito, i want a $100 for it.

Originally Posted by VSanj
were can i see??

does it have all the software loaded on it?? Is the monitor lcd or no?

I just reformattedt it and instaled windows xp on it. monitor is not lcd. my number is 6472711249

cool i will call you tommarow..........what color is it btw

its black and silver.

sorry bro.....i was busy today.....are u free tommarow i wanna come grab it.

does it have a cd and dvd burnre in it??

Ya, i just put in an HP cd burner in it, but i didn't have the drivers, for it, so it doesn't work, but you can get drivers from hp, i just didn't bother.

cool..............consider it sold.......i can meet up tommarow with 100 bucks cash in hand....were do you want to meet??

I can post up the exact transcript from my pms....ie screenshot to prove that i havent altered this.

so what is my problem............well 100 bucks is not a lot of money but dude didnt have a keyboard or mouse.....no biggie, i used my own, also monitor was in ROUGH shapw with paint on it, no biggie i only spent 100 bucks.

I hooked it up used it once, than i didnt touch it for a while, when i did i got a pleasent surprise!

so whats my issue?? The computer is ONLY 40GIG not 80 like he told me, also i installed drivers for the burner and it still doesnt work like he said it would.......so now i have a 100 doller ****in brick in my basement. The whole point of getting it was to store and burn music....thats why the 80g was important, thats why i specifically asked for a burner.

so i send him a PM last month and he flat out denies having said that it was a 80g......i dont mind a honest mistake but dude flat out lied. he asked me if i can show him were he said 80 gig. also he said he DIDNT know if the burner worked cause he had no drivers.....read the exchange does it sound like he ws unsure that the burner would work???????

anyways i was clearing out my PM's and i found this exchange, i have saved all the messages so if anyone can tell me how to post a screenshot i will.

In the end, its only 100 bucks, but its the principal....also i never thought a fellow membor would rip me off.

Last edited by VSanj; 07-29-2008 at 08:00 PM.
VSanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:14 PM   #2
mirek
6th Gear Member

Well technically he just said he put a cd burner in it, never said it worked. Also you said you'd come and pick it up before he even mentioned it had a burner.

I'm pretty sure I have a couple burners laying around and a 160gb or 250gb sata drive i can send you if it has sata, as long as you cover actual shipping.
mirek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:18 PM   #3
VSanj
6th Gear Member

^^Thanks bro, the burner part is cool, i got a external one that i can use. just a little dissapionted with the whole way it was represented.

if anyone wants a 40 gig computer with a non functioning burner for 100 bucks let me know.....lol
Old 07-29-2008, 10:36 PM   #4
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
I'm sure i have a burner somewhere aswell If you need it, let me know.

Also, make sure that everything is set correctly. Did you look in the box itself? are you sure its a 40 gig drive? mabye it was formatted improperly?

I have done buisness with pooyan many, many, many times over, and he has always gone out of his way to help me out. I'm sure this is more of a misunderstanding than a scam.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's supersports, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC short shift GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
http://absolutehid.ca hid kit
propr'one is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:06 PM   #5
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

Sorry to hear about your misadventure. I've got tons of parts at the office. Let me know what you need and I'll hook you up!

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'02 Regal LS
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 07:25 AM   #6
VSanj
6th Gear Member

^^thanks for the offers steve and ivan,

im positive it is a 40 gig. anyways, i know the seller has a good rep. maybe it was a honest mistake, but it still sucks.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:36 PM   #7
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
^^i agree

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's supersports, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC short shift GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
http://absolutehid.ca hid kit
propr'one is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 02:22 PM   #8
SUPERCHARGED
5th Gear Member

Wow, i cant belive you made a thread about this. I told you bro it was an honest mistake, I was pretty sure I told you 40 gigs on the phone when we talked after, I know I typed 80 in my msg, but at the time i hadn't really looked at the computer for 2 years and remembered the HD space it to be 80 gigs.

About the CD burner, you know as well as me that it was just something extra I was throwing in. and it worked perfectly fine in the PC i took it out of, the only problem was the drivers which i told you about.

I have sold many items on this site and no one has ever had a problem with any of them, I was not trying to scam you in any way, and i really don't appreciate you posting this. I mean There is a huge sticker on the front of the computer that has you all the stats, dont you think if i was trying to scam you, I would have taken that off. I mean come-on i have better things to do then scam ppl on 40 gigs of HD space.

Even if you knew the HD space was 40 gigs, my price would have still been the same i might have went down to $80 if you offered it. and im pretty sure you would have still bought the computer, since you were not just getting a HD, but a PC and 17" monitor, thats why i offered you $20 back as my loss for my mistake, but you didn't wanna take it. you would rather make a threat about it. thats fine bro, what ever makes you happy, no hard feelings, but please don't call me a scammer.

Pouyan,
Old 07-30-2008, 04:00 PM   #9
ZHP_Bimmer05
Photographer/DJ/Engineer

Send a message via MSN to ZHP_Bimmer05
^^ agreed with supercharged, no one likes to be called a scammer unless they really ****ed you over. If it was a really expensive product then complain, bought for this? Unessasary.

2004 Mazda RX8 GT: 6spd VR
ZHP_Bimmer05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 04:11 PM   #10
VSanj
6th Gear Member

^^lol, so you would drop 100 bucks, not get the product that was represented and not care. I wish i had your loot.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:15 PM   #11
ZHP_Bimmer05
Photographer/DJ/Engineer

Send a message via MSN to ZHP_Bimmer05
dude you got something, you didnt leave empty handed.

2004 Mazda RX8 GT: 6spd VR
ZHP_Bimmer05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 04:15 PM   #12
VSanj
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERCHARGED View Post
Wow, i cant belive you made a thread about this. I told you bro it was an honest mistake, I was pretty sure I told you 40 gigs on the phone when we talked after, I know I typed 80 in my msg, but at the time i hadn't really looked at the computer for 2 years and remembered the HD space it to be 80 gigs.

About the CD burner, you know as well as me that it was just something extra I was throwing in. and it worked perfectly fine in the PC i took it out of, the only problem was the drivers which i told you about.

I have sold many items on this site and no one has ever had a problem with any of them, I was not trying to scam you in any way, and i really don't appreciate you posting this. I mean There is a huge sticker on the front of the computer that has you all the stats, dont you think if i was trying to scam you, I would have taken that off. I mean come-on i have better things to do then scam ppl on 40 gigs of HD space.

Even if you knew the HD space was 40 gigs, my price would have still been the same i might have went down to $80 if you offered it. and im pretty sure you would have still bought the computer, since you were not just getting a HD, but a PC and 17" monitor, thats why i offered you $20 back as my loss for my mistake, but you didn't wanna take it. you would rather make a threat about it. thats fine bro, what ever makes you happy, no hard feelings, but please don't call me a scammer.

Pouyan,

you only offered my 20 bucks back after i suggested you should..........so dont act like it was your suggestion.

Ok agreed maybe you werent actively tryin to scam me, but i spent 100 bucks for a 80 gig computer with a burner. bottom line, the computer is 40 gig and the burner doesnt work...........i know how to install drivers, trust me. But im still stuck with a product that IS NOT what you told me it was. So i PAID for something that was misrepresented.

Seeing your rep on here and i trust ivans judgement, i would say it was a honest mistake. But in the end im stuck with a 100 doller computer that i cannot use for the reason that i bought it for.............that sucks.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:16 PM   #13
VSanj
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHP_Bimmer05 View Post
dude you got something, you didnt leave empty handed.
ok so if i went to go buy a car mp3 deck, but the seller gives me a cd car deck instead for the price agreed upon. i shouldnt complain after install, cause AT LEAST I GOT SOMETHING?????

Dude thats by far the weirdest logic i have ever been presented with.

on a sidenote, i saw yoru ride at bovaird and worthington yesterday in front of the pizza pizza, looking good homie!

Last edited by VSanj; 07-30-2008 at 04:21 PM.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:33 PM   #14
mirek
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSanj View Post
ok so if i went to go buy a car mp3 deck, but the seller gives me a cd car deck instead for the price agreed upon. i shouldnt complain after install, cause AT LEAST I GOT SOMETHING?????

Dude thats by far the weirdest logic i have ever been presented with.

on a sidenote, i saw yoru ride at bovaird and worthington yesterday in front of the pizza pizza, looking good homie!
Well, technically a better analogy would be, you were looking for a cd deck, you find one you agree to take it, he then tells you it's actually mp3 too, and later find out mp3 doesn't work. You still get what you wanted,
mirek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:40 PM   #15
VSanj
6th Gear Member

^^nope, your missing the whole 40 gig vs 80 gig argument, the cd burner is a side argument.

but the main one is he said the computer was a 80 g but it was 40g. SO a better anology would be that you were told that the car you are buying has a M3 engine, it turns out it really was a 328 engine.............and the cd player in it didnt work to boot....lol.......but its a honest mistake, so i should just shut up and enjoy what i bought! YEAH!

Last edited by VSanj; 07-30-2008 at 05:43 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: