Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Multimedia > Videos and Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-12-2003, 10:18 PM   #16
330DTM
Cinematographer

Send a message via ICQ to 330DTM Send a message via MSN to 330DTM
Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover
superM3...vortech has an aftercooling system made for their blowers, check it out...$1500 is a good price if its CDN, is that with install? dont cheap out with stuff liek this man...this can determine your engine staying together, or the engine being blown under higher boost!
Even without the aftercooler, he can't blow his engine.
He's only running about 6psi, which I most likely think, RMS, ERT, Dinan purposely built the kit so that running 6psi is still fine without the aftercooler.

Back when my friend who owned that Techno Violet supercharged M3 (which I suppose could be Superm3's car now), he often tracked it at Mosport and Shannonville. The engine hasn't blown yet?
Old 02-12-2003, 10:21 PM   #17
330DTM
Cinematographer

Quote:
Originally posted by superM3
Thanx for all your help with the info. Water injection is kinda costly and complex, the aftercooler is more suitable for my set up but so far I can't seem to find one without paying $1500.

To top it all off my insuance company just called me to tell me that they were discontiueing my insurance because of the charger. They want some sort of dyno test so I can prove the charger isn't putting out alot of HP
Well you could always get someone's stock e36 M3 dyno sheet off of someone and mail that into them.

Unless they want to witness you dynoing the car then I can't think of a way out. How did they know you had a supercharger in the first place?
Old 02-12-2003, 11:18 PM   #18
Sickbimmer
750HP turbo E46 M3

It was claimed stolen and repalced by the insurance company.

I could try using somones dyno results, but do they have a v.i.n # or anything that would give me away

Oh and Jon I would never cheap out and raise the boost without the proper modificatoins. This car's my baby now
Sickbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 11:34 PM   #19
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

328DTM i meant if he upped the boost on the blower...if u want 9psi roughly, or more..u need a stand alone fuel management system (everytime i say this, i think of that damn movie)

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 12:16 AM   #20
330DTM
Cinematographer

Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover
328DTM i meant if he upped the boost on the blower...if u want 9psi roughly, or more..u need a stand alone fuel management system (everytime i say this, i think of that damn movie)
Not necessarily true

I've seen a couple guys using the centrifugal/powerdyne blower running about 9-10psi. None have a standalone system

At the most they have an aftercooler, larger injectors or changed fuel pressure regulator, reprogrammed ecu, etc.

They have dynoed their cars are are pretty much running fine
Old 02-13-2003, 12:19 AM   #21
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally posted by superM3
It was claimed stolen and repalced by the insurance company.

I could try using somones dyno results, but do they have a v.i.n # or anything that would give me away

Oh and Jon I would never cheap out and raise the boost without the proper modificatoins. This car's my baby now
No they don't but if they do, for a case of beer it can be changed I can run dyno for you, you pay
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 04:17 AM   #22
sonic07
6th Gear Member

Better not to tell the insurance company anything that they don't need to know. Either way the thief steals your car and the insurance company steals your money.

Pedal To The Metal
sonic07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 01:25 AM   #23
Sickbimmer
750HP turbo E46 M3

Believe me I wish I could have avoided this hole mess

Sickfinga How can you dyno my car

Better yet.....they told me that if I get a fax or somthing from a Dealership saying you can get a dinan supercharger from them, then technically it's a factory option and i'm in the clear.

Anyone know a dealer willing to do this for me?....I'll by the beer
Sickbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 03:32 AM   #24
SickFinga

just go to a dealer and ask for invoice
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: