Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-26-2008, 03:13 PM   #1
///M-TRD3
Modeldater

Help: Lighting Issue ~ Blowing Fuse Constantly

I had a light issue where with the headlights on the running lights and dash lights wouldnt work, and with the switch in running light position everything worked correct (so at night with the headlights on, nothing else was on while driving)

Checked the switch, wasnt that, found a fuseable link blown under there, fixed that and voi la problem solved, so I thought..

Now although the settings work on the switch, so running light setting all running lights work and dash lights, in the night position for headlights, the dash lights and half the running lights/markers DON'T work (predominantly the passenger side). I noticed FUSE 23 keeps blowing, replace it and all lights work again, but after leaving the car once or twice (ie. go in , come back out to go out again) on start up you'll find same lighting problem, Rear Lights dot lit up on Check Panel and FUSE 23 blown.

Any ideas?? Thanks In advance.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:43 PM   #2
klm325ix
BMW ROOKIE

Send a message via MSN to klm325ix
wire in in shifter boot maybe?

i had a similar problem. but it was fuse 10.

http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29708
Old 07-28-2008, 10:50 PM   #3
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Happy to take a look at if you like, i do know a little bit about light related wiring :p

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: