Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-25-2003, 04:17 PM   #31
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkRider
M50E30, I just don't think that he should have posted something he doesn't know about. Have you ever noticed that I didn't post much Bimmer related stuff on this board? That's probably because I don't want to talk about stuff I don't know. How would YOU feel if I just went on and said that Bimmers are slow and that they break down every 100 miles?

SOLDOMATIC, GOOD JOB, you have nothing to say because you know you're wrong so you just say **** you. How mature
i wasnt gonna reply, and waste my time...but, to be honest some bimmer's do break down a lot, and yes, some are slow, bliss' car isnt very fast IMO when i was in it, 180hp with 19s? and M50E30's car has had some problems since the swap (sorry to bring it up, im just making a point)...and it isnt the most reliable since.

in case u didnt read my post, i said IMO..do u know what that means?

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 05:26 PM   #32
BlitzSix
6 Speed

Send a message via AIM to BlitzSix Send a message via MSN to BlitzSix
Yes, but the idea is to back up your opinion with some facts

And if YOU read my post I said to post what you think about my post so we can get a discussion here, so that would be nice if you did that instead of just saying that it's your opinion...

Edit #2: And it's not that you shouldn't post your opinion, it's just that I don't agree with the way you word it. Like I said, I dont go on this forum saying bad stuff about Bimmers with no valid reason for my states and then just taggin an "IMO" on it so I can say it's my opinion and I dont care what you think.

SOO...that is why I don't agree with you saying that Supras are no good on the track (because you didn't post *any* reasons). I didn't mean for this to be a personal attack if that's what you took it as.

~Vadim

Last edited by BlitzSix; 02-25-2003 at 05:36 PM.
BlitzSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 06:28 PM   #33
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover
M50E30's car has had some problems since the swap (sorry to bring it up, im just making a point)...and it isnt the most reliable since.
I had one problem...a fuse. I told you that. And before you reply...the wheels don't count a a reliability issue.

Old 02-25-2003, 06:53 PM   #34
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by M50E30
I had one problem...a fuse. I told you that. And before you reply...the wheels don't count a a reliability issue.

what about the tachs not working? and wheels staying on the car is part of reliablity in a way

i didnt take it as an attack, maybe dildomatic did but thats different..i just think they are very heavy, and why use such a heavy car for the track? i have no doubt that they are capable of being high hp and track preped (look at JUN's 900hp supra)...im just saying, their potential is best as a street car with high HP to tear ricers apart.

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Last edited by Jon@Bimmersport; 02-25-2003 at 06:56 PM.
Old 02-25-2003, 07:04 PM   #35
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

Quote:
what about the tachs not working? and wheels staying on the car is part of reliablity in a way
The tach washooked up! It was the speedo that dosen't work! Prime example of not knowing the facts.

And for the wheels...it isn't an issue when you have 3 sets. You are talking about the conversion anyways and I haven't replaced any engine parts.

Last edited by M50E30; 02-25-2003 at 07:11 PM.
M50E30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 07:10 PM   #36
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by M50E30
The tach wasn't even hooked up! Who needs a tach anyway? Use the sound of the engine to shift.

And for the wheels...it isn't an issue when you have 3 sets. You are talking about the conversion anyways and I haven't replaced any engine parts.
dave, no i wasnt...i said SINCE!! the swap..that doesnt mean the swap it self, it means after u had it done..

Old 02-25-2003, 07:18 PM   #37
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

Quote:
dave, no i wasnt...i said SINCE!! the swap..that doesnt mean the swap it self, it means after u had it done..
Aaaaaarrggggghhhhh!!! I give up. Jon you are the master! U know everything about everything! I'm just stupid and slow.
Old 02-25-2003, 07:21 PM   #38
BlitzSix
6 Speed

Cool. Jon, can I have your MSN?

PS. Check out this pic of a T88 and some kid:

Last edited by BlitzSix; 02-25-2003 at 07:24 PM.
Old 02-25-2003, 07:31 PM   #39
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

why do u want my msn? can u get honda parts

Old 02-25-2003, 07:34 PM   #40
BlitzSix
6 Speed

Uhh to talk?
What do you mean can I get Honda parts ?
Old 02-25-2003, 10:54 PM   #41
Bliss
Administrator

Quote:

i didnt take it as an attack, maybe dildomatic did but thats different..i just think they are very heavy, and why use such a heavy car for the track? i have no doubt that they are capable of being high hp and track preped (look at JUN's 900hp supra)...im just saying, their potential is best as a street car with high HP to tear ricers apart.

Jon, before you start bashing other people's rides, including my own, I would STRONGLY suggest that you at least DRIVE a car that is somewhat quick (Not your cousin's dx civic--I have that, and it's far from quick lol) or at least drive a normal car for that matter.

My point is, get a LICENSE, get a CAR, and gather some EXPERIENCE, then talk.

btw, that one time you were in my car, i was driving the car at normal revs. How can u tell if it was fast or not? lol

For maXbimmer decals, please email info@maxbimmer.com
Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 11:05 PM   #42
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

Quote:
Originally posted by Bliss
btw, that one time you were in my car, i was driving the car at normal revs. How can u tell if it was fast or not? lol
'Cause he is.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg speedracer2.jpg (25.3 KB, 67 views)
Old 02-26-2003, 12:05 AM   #43
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by Bliss
Jon, before you start bashing other people's rides, including my own, I would STRONGLY suggest that you at least DRIVE a car that is somewhat quick (Not your cousin's dx civic--I have that, and it's far from quick lol) or at least drive a normal car for that matter.

My point is, get a LICENSE, get a CAR, and gather some EXPERIENCE, then talk.

bliss, i wasnt bashing dave's car...he knows i love it, its like the 3rd best E30 to me, he knows that...i already posted that before!

i have driven, not very well..but the car is easily capable of 13sec...and u all have seen it! it had a 75hp subwoofer?

and its an LX civic man..lol i remember u redlined it a few times didnt u?

my cousin told me already he'll let me try his new motor out, and its gonna be fast, for an LX...

Last edited by Jon@Bimmersport; 02-26-2003 at 12:07 AM.
Old 02-26-2003, 05:53 PM   #44
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair
My 2 cents.....

-I don't think that 1250hp M3 counts for this comparison (the only BMW parts in that car are like 75% of the engine.)

-All cars have their reliability issues, not just BMW's, Supra's have their issues too, as do Civics.

-Jon, you can't blame a car to not be reliable once it has been modified (aka. a lot more power output)

-there is nothing wrong with a fwd car doing 1/4 mile races (as much as I dislike fwd cars), just because it was started by the muscle car guys. Following that logic we should keep Cameros, Mustangs, Corvettes, etc off the road courses and out of auto-x events.

-Jon, a modded Civic is not the epitome of automobile engineering. I'll admit it can go fast in a straight line, and they can be made to handle (somewhat), but it doesn't mean it's best. You can also say that you can make a Civic do 13's or whatever cheaply, I'll bet you I can made an early 90's Mustang do 13's even cheaper. Don't bring Civics into an argument where they weren't even originally mentioned, you are not a spokesperson for modded Hondas.

-last one Jon, not everone cares about 1/4 as much as you.

Flame away....or MSN/ICQ away if it's really off topic.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 06:47 PM   #45
Shotta
5th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Shotta
you can also get a dodge shadow running 13's cheaper than a civic, dont fight me on this cuz ive seen it with my own eyes!

New Project Car In Da Mix
Shotta is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: