Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-07-2003, 07:49 PM   #16
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
modded supra TT would kill any ///m roadster whether it be quarter mile, or around the track. I've seen those supras race at the track, and they handle VERY nicely, and can do some sweet controlled drifts too.
I might be biased a bit though since a Supra TT with veilside bodykit has always been a dream car of mine =)
djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 01:54 AM   #17
Polish
6th Gear Member

yeah supra's are really nice cars too, like modded ones of course, not a fan of jap cars but yeah for sure, a modded supra twin turno would smoke a ///m roadster, though i heard it your gonna get and mod a supra going with a single after market turbo is much better, but whatever
Polish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 12:22 AM   #18
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sith
yeah supra's are really nice cars too, like modded ones of course, not a fan of jap cars but yeah for sure, a modded supra twin turno would smoke a ///m roadster, though i heard it your gonna get and mod a supra going with a single after market turbo is much better, but whatever
modded with 2 aftermarket turbos is even better

they do the single turbo because they have the NA model

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 10:48 AM   #19
Shotta
5th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Shotta
Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover
modded with 2 aftermarket turbos is even better

they do the single turbo because they have the NA model
every supra over 750hp that ive seen has single turbo so i think they rip out the twin and put the single in for a reason, maybe less turbo lag?

New Project Car In Da Mix
Shotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 10:50 AM   #20
Shotta
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by djcontra
modded supra TT would kill any ///m roadster whether it be quarter mile, or around the track. I've seen those supras race at the track, and they handle VERY nicely, and can do some sweet controlled drifts too.
I might be biased a bit though since a Supra TT with veilside bodykit has always been a dream car of mine =)

They do handle pretty good on the track but they never did have good enuff stopping power (just what ive noticed watching them race with the m3's, 911's, vipers's, ferraris)

Old 02-10-2003, 08:22 PM   #21
Kurt Schneller
3rd Gear Member

*cough* *cough* rgmotorsport,(www.rgmotorsport.com)
1250HP 3,2l M3 ala 400km/h.

I'l make a better one later...
Kurt Schneller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 08:55 PM   #22
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by Shotta
every supra over 750hp that ive seen has single turbo so i think they rip out the twin and put the single in for a reason, maybe less turbo lag?
yea, with 1 turbo it can be a lot bigger, but theres a shit load of lag, the turbo would kick in at like 4000rpm or something wouldnt it?

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Old 02-12-2003, 07:39 PM   #23
Kurt Schneller
3rd Gear Member

Porche use 2 smaller turbos vs one bigger turbo due to the 2 smaller turbos making less turbo lag.

I'l make a better one later...
Kurt Schneller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 12:09 AM   #24
Shotta
5th Gear Member

nos is a good cure for lag

Old 02-13-2003, 12:22 AM   #25
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by Shotta
nos is a good cure for lag
nos is a cure for anything regarding SPEED

Old 02-13-2003, 12:32 AM   #26
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover
nos is a cure for anything regarding SPEED
I think this should say: "Nitrous is for morons!"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tfatf_nitrous.jpg (22.1 KB, 92 views)
Old 02-25-2003, 01:01 AM   #27
BlitzSix
6 Speed

Send a message via AIM to BlitzSix Send a message via MSN to BlitzSix
Sorry to bring up such an old thread, but I'm amazed at the amount of stuff some of you people say that isn't true.

Show car and 1/4 mile Jon?
Have you ever SEEN Supras on a track? Have you heard of a little thing called ONE LAP OF AMERICA? Well a DAILY DRIVEN Supra, with a driver who has never raced on some of the tracks there, came in FOURTH with his Supra, out of over 83 other cars (MANY of which are only setup for track, such as many Vipers, Vettes, Porsches and BMWs).

And 600 HP is nothing, with a big (huge) turbo they can make 900+ TO THE WHEELS. With about 700 HP they're still not laggy and can be daily driven reliable while running 10s on the 1/4 mile track.

It's all about how it's set up, if it's set up to do 1/4 mile then it does just that, but there are MANY road raced Supras that kick ass as well.

And SOLDOMATIC, I'm not even gonna go there and say anything about your complete ignorance, other than the fact that proving whose car is faster in a straight line proves which car have faster acceleration () AND that the Supra(any some other Japanese cars) are NOT econo boxes, and are not FWD, and they can kick ass on the 1/4 mile track and a road race track (Supra, NSX, RX-7, etc is what I have in mind)

Please post your opinions and lets have a nice discussion going as I think I'm sort of knowledgeble on this subject (which doesnt happen often).

Last edited by BlitzSix; 02-25-2003 at 01:05 AM.
BlitzSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 01:10 AM   #28
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkRider
Show car and 1/4 mile Jon?
Have you ever SEEN Supras on a track?
Jon hasn't been on a track! Hell he dosen't have a licence!

Not to totaly jump on you grasshopper but experience is a major thing. I even don't have track experience! I went around Mosport as a passenger in a track E30 325is with a very experienced driver (no not Randy), and I have realized that I have a LONG way to go! So keep pluging away little bugga!

So DarkRider insted of jumping on his little grasshopper skull (<--- ) you should come across more positive...we don't want to discourage the little guy even tho he can be a PITA! Cool?
Old 02-25-2003, 02:25 AM   #29
Soldo
6th Gear Member

HEY DARKRIDER,
heres one for ya, F*%K YA!!!!!
Old 02-25-2003, 02:51 PM   #30
BlitzSix
6 Speed

Send a message via AIM to BlitzSix Send a message via MSN to BlitzSix
M50E30, I just don't think that he should have posted something he doesn't know about. Have you ever noticed that I didn't post much Bimmer related stuff on this board? That's probably because I don't want to talk about stuff I don't know. How would YOU feel if I just went on and said that Bimmers are slow and that they break down every 100 miles?

SOLDOMATIC, GOOD JOB, you have nothing to say because you know you're wrong so you just say **** you. How mature
BlitzSix is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: