Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-16-2008, 10:24 AM   #1
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Moron Drivers / Road rage drivers

So im driving on to the 401 today and im on the off ramp lane which is about to end so I speed up and this big truck almost takes me out in the ending lane JUST because he didnt want me to mirge in front of him .. WTF .. thank god for bmw handling. Guy even had the balls to give me the finger after .. I should have taken down his plates.

Btw there was shit loads of room in front of him .. its not like he would have to brake hard if I went in front of him .. I take that in to consideration before changing lanes in front of a big rig. There wasnt much room behind him .. seems like today was one of those days that people didnt leave much space.

Anyone else deal with morons this week

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:30 AM   #2
zackman17
Banned

fun

i had the sam thing happen to me last week but merging onto the qew in st catherines at lake the merge lane is short reg traffic lots of room infront of the truck i went for it he sped up i was floored in my jeep and i almost dint make it the driver had soo much room to slow down or move into the left lane.
zackman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:42 AM   #3
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

everyday! merging onto the 400 from the 401 and sun dun jin in her vw kello kitty rabbit is in the passing lane refusing to speed up past 50km/h. other then that people not letting me merge, meh i floor it down the shoulder and BUH BYE, get in 6 cars further up.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:44 AM   #4
woofster
3rd Gear Member

Yesterday I was driving home on the 401 eastbound. I was in the Express lanes, exiting and merging into the Collectors for the Avenue/Yonge/Bayview exits, when a lady in an old minivan tries to bypass the merge by bombing down the left-most lane (which ends and becomes the lane I'm in).

Well lo and behold, the lane has ended and I'm still in my lane. This lady continues on the shoulder just to get in front of me! She was flying too. There wasn't even anyone behind me. Perhaps she was going too fast to slow down and scoot in behind me but I doubt it. Anyways, I didn't road rage or anything but I did find it quite disrespectful and dangerous.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:56 AM   #5
zackman17
Banned

ive seen that plenty of times. but the best part is when your in the fast lane and someone is doing like 90 and you are behind someone else,that is also trying to pass them. they move over to let that person pass then move right back over as im passing and they will speed up to merge back over but there is no one in the lane they were in...some people are entirely stupid. and once i was going wast on lakeshore where the new ct is. so im at the lights at 12am im in the left lane getting ready to step on it to merge since that lane ends really shortly aft the light. so the light turns green i step on it dint squak my tires. i kno that i have passed the car beside me so i hit my signal check my blindspot start to merge(im still acellerating) and i look over once more and there is a ****ing cop driving right beside me i hit the brakes to get in the gap as im merging at about 40 the cop SLAMS on his brakes. i slam on mine so hard abs came on. then he flashes his lights and drives off normally I WAS SOOO FKN PISSED OFF i was a few feet away from his bumper. so i went to the police stn on coxwell and gave them the car number and said he was a jerk and almost caused a colision.
zackman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 11:31 AM   #6
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Here’s a previous occurrence that I found funny:

I was on my way home from work one day, I’m coming towards an intersection (I’m in the right lane, there’s two lanes going my direction) and I can see brake lights ahead in my lane because of a few people slowing down to turn right. There is a car beside me and a little bit ahead of the car beside me a car that is signaling left because it is going to be moving into a left turning lane at the intersection. At this point I speed up to get ahead of the car beside me, and almost on the bumper of the car signaling left and in a fluid motion as the car moves into the left turn lane I slide into its spot. Needless to say it was a bit of an aggressive pass given the fact that I was speeding up towards cars that were slowing down, but there was room for me to stop if I needed to. The driver that I ended up passing was not impressed, I could tell this because he was now riding my bumper up the road, and further up the road he tried to get beside me and I glanced over and saw what was him probably swearing at me. At an intersection further up the road I was in a left turning lane and when he drove by he was flashing a piece of paper that I believe he wrote my license plate number on, as if he was going to call the police and get them to mail me a ticket? If he did call in, I apologize to the police officer that had to waste his time listening to that douche complain about me making a pass that he didn’t like
Old 07-16-2008, 11:49 AM   #7
Boots R
Boots, not boost

I was driving my work truck down the 401 and some asshole in a BMW cut me off! so I gave him the finger!
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 11:53 AM   #8
BigD
the misanthropist

What's the big deal about slowing down and merging BEHIND the assholes??? Is it so critical to be righteous? I'd rather have my car intact, remain calm and let them "win". The whole problem is rooted in the fact that every asshole thinks that it's everyone else that's the asshole. In a recent survey 80% of the drivers asked think the other driver is the problem...
Old 07-16-2008, 11:59 AM   #9
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots R View Post
I was driving my work truck down the 401 and some asshole in a BMW cut me off! so I gave him the finger!
when you cutting off the mullet and taking a bath .. I can sleep you from here

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Old 07-16-2008, 12:06 PM   #10
Boots R
Boots, not boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades View Post
when you cutting off the mullet and taking a bath .. I can sleep you from here
lol he had a mullet???? thats gold.
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:12 PM   #11
Meegis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots R View Post
lol he had a mullet???? thats gold.
No, his teeth were gold...
Meegis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:21 PM   #12
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades View Post
I can sleep you from here
Voodoo?

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:23 PM   #13
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

I was cruising at 100km/h in the RIGHT lane for a good 10mins....then this truck comes behind me and starts flashing his highbeams. The other lanes were clear, isn't the right lane for going slow/speed limit?

I've seen many trucks drive like 90/80km/h in the slow lane, and when i do it they wanna run me over? assholes...
Old 07-16-2008, 01:49 PM   #14
JunzieB
Wants more powaaa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
What's the big deal about slowing down and merging BEHIND the assholes??? Is it so critical to be righteous? I'd rather have my car intact, remain calm and let them "win". The whole problem is rooted in the fact that every asshole thinks that it's everyone else that's the asshole. In a recent survey 80% of the drivers asked think the other driver is the problem...
+1

It takes a lot of patience, but it can be done.

Granted, I have my moments where I know that someone is purposely trying to block me out from merging in, for those ppl I make sure that I have my indicator going and try to peacefully merge and if they persist I floor it and cut them off... at the end of the day they are just being an ass and just like myself they wouldn't like to get a big dent in their car

Most of the time, especially with big rigs, I slow the **** down and just let them through. Not just because It can **** me up royally but that will put a big dent in many other drivers as well if an accident were to occur.

Quote:
Disclaimer:The opinions expressed by JunzieB is his alone and does not reflect the opinions of Maxbimmer or any members thereof. JunzieB is not responsible for any hurt feelings that may develop during the reading of his posts.

Last edited by JunzieB; 07-16-2008 at 03:09 PM.
JunzieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:15 PM   #15
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
slowing down to merge into a lane is a no no .. they teach you that in driving school. Now I can understand where your coming from but there was NO room behind him .. every car was driving bumper to bumper .. I didnt anticipate the guy was an asshole and would do such a dangerous action when driving ahead. If I knew that was going to happen I would have gladly waited for another opportunity.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: