Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Detailing & Care
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-11-2008, 10:51 PM   #1
calegrant
6th Gear Member

Pre-cutpolish prep

So I'm gonna get a cut polish done. I bought a red car...had no idea the upkeep needed for this color and things didn't go so well. But beyond my control, it has a few scratches and chips from the previous owner. What can I do to prep the vehicle such as paint filler before it goes in for the polish. Any particular produts? I've seen a small meguirs spot sander before but not sure how it's used...
Old 07-19-2008, 03:16 AM   #2
Steve@ASPTuning
2nd Gear Member

Hey there,

The best thing you can do is give it an awesome wash! Using wool mitts to scrub and wash out your car.

Then you can decide if you want to go full out to detail or not, but the next step is to clay your car to get rid of contaminents that may of stuck on over the years.

Then as for those chips, just get touchup paint, and fill them. Sand them down with 2000 grit sandpaper, and then using a polisher you can polish it to perfection! No one will ever know it was there!

I do believe on Youtube there's a tutorial of a Meguiars Spot Touch up...Let me know if you have any further questions.

Please PM me.

Thanks,
Steve
ASPTuning
Steve@ASPTuning is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: