Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-28-2008, 06:26 PM   #1
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member

Well....it happened....so fast! record time!

yesterday

i got my e30 fully licensed and legal. wooot im back on the road!

today....some goof ball hit my car....

its in the hands of insurance right now...but im convinced i was not at fault. he hit the front of my car from driving in the wrong lane. but it looks like a Tbone but it wasnt, because he scraped along the front of my car. ruined the fender, the bumper cracked up...the bonnet is bent..

the dudes car door is ****ed, but thats his damn fault for over taking a car in the wrong lane (driving in the eastbound lane going west bound.)

i was pulling out of a market. all 3 cars in 3 lanes stopped to let me out. (by not blocking the intersection because it was a red light and no cars were moving)

the dude iw as dealing with on the phone for my insurance said from what i describe (absolutely 100%honesty) he said it looks like hes at fault. but sinece i made the left turn....its possible that it can end in 50-50.

i take the day off work and this bullshit happens....

perhaps its just a sign saying stop driving bmw now. and im convinced thats whats going on!.

pics of the damage will be up eventually...but damn.

FORTUNATELY
the car is 100% drivable, and feels the exactly same, its just purely body damage....

...i swear i have the worst luck in the world.... ///_-
Old 03-28-2008, 07:03 PM   #2
bimmer1989
2nd Gear Member

Thats sucks incredablly. Who was driving the car that hit you?
bimmer1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 07:09 PM   #3
thumper
2nd Gear Member

That sucks man. Did you file a police report?
If you did was the other driver deemed at fault?
I have one 50/50 claim on my insurance from about 5 years ago. I was parked in a parking lot and big truck backed right into my front end. When I go get insurance anywhere they say its counts as a at fault claim for me.
1992 Bmw 325is Coupe
1989 Nissan SR20 240sx
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 09:08 PM   #4
bimmerjoe
Yagerbombs/skanks

that really blows bro sorry to hear- hopefully it will be all fixed up for the cruize!
Old 03-28-2008, 09:35 PM   #5
Arash
6th Gear Member

That sucks very much, I know how you feel bro, I was hit 3 times this year, PITA dealing with this kinda stuff.
Arash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 10:42 PM   #6
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Stop hitting your car so you can buy my rims. LOL.

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 10:55 PM   #7
e30_kid89
The Afro-stig

Send a message via MSN to e30_kid89
No excuses el gato....You will have the bumper fixed/ready for the cruise!! I'll keep an eye out for parts for ya.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:03 PM   #8
JunzieB
Wants more powaaa!

Damn 'B' sorry about that. I hope it gets buffed out in time for the cruise
JunzieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:46 PM   #9
slimjim
Almost Sideways

pff haters... have u seen my car?....ure car will looke fine for the cruise
Old 03-28-2008, 11:48 PM   #10
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

unfortunate, but a good excuse to upgrade some parts!

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 06:03 PM   #11
hadesm5
6th Gear Member

that sucks. good luck with the insurance
Old 03-30-2008, 08:15 PM   #12
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member

my car positioning vs the clowns positioning

my car

and the toyotas damage...

my uncle who flew in from jamaica was with me as the passenger. i hurried to car the car on the road because of him as he is just as big of a bim fan as i am.

i know the damage doesnt look much but still...its the principle.
like i said before the car drives 100% fine. at least the control arm is still 90degrees instead of 180 degree bend. lol (that was damage on the first e30)

bimmer1989, i was driving the car when this happened. after the information was exchanged between me and the other driver, i was driving but i was tense and shit and my left foot was bouncing all over the clutch, so i asked my uncle to drive for me. the other dude claimed i switched drivers...which is useless because it was after the fact and after i was leaving i stopped to switch drivers.

right after it happened we were both in the road. he came out and asked if i was alright. i asked the same back. we pulled into the parking lot just off the side of where the collision occured.

first thing he said to me was he doesnt want to call police or get insurance involved. (which to me is admittance of wrong doing, other wise you would push for that to happen)

i said gimme ur info and shit. i got his he got mine. i got his policy # but i never gave him mine. he offered it and i took it. i never offered him nor did he ask for it.

i HAD to go home before i did anything. but after i was done that business i went to the police station to ask where the nearest collision center is. well it just so happened to be inside that police station! so yes thumper, i filled out the report and shit, and the other dude did aswell (beat me to it). the (****ing faggot cop) saw the damage and said it never made sense ( after showing him a huge ass diagram of what happened..and everything on that diagram was pure truth!) why the other person would drive in the opposite direction.

the camry driver said he couldnt afford 3 grand to fix his car, and of course im a broke ass student who can barely make ends meet and i said the same. so basically i said i want him to fix my car cuz it was his fault...for being in the wrong lane. he said he wanted me to fix his shit. i said no. (we had to come to an agreement).

so i called up insurance told them whats up and now its a waiting game for me.

i aint bitching. its just that i've never been in a situation like this before...
one mistake ill make sure that never happens is just because there are no cars coming the proper way, doesnt mean you have an idiot driving fast in the wrong lane opposite of the direction of travel intended.

my uncle offered me to fully fix the exterior of the car. elimate any rust and then a fresssssh new paintjob any way i want!the catch is i have to drive my e30 to the bronx which i am willing to do! this really cheered me up. im taking this offer and planning a weekend drive to NY for this car make over.

bimmerjoe, i hope the car will be fixed up in time for the cruise tooooo

arash, yes this shit is a PITA

craz azn dude, just because thsi happened doesnt me i've stopped saving the bills man! trust im worrrrrking on it stillaz!

no excuses, ill try my best to have this thing ready for the cruis e30kid

im just gonna take the opportunity to get the exteroir work done early in time for the heart of summer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg S7301439.JPG (281.3 KB, 466 views)
File Type: jpg S7301440.JPG (273.8 KB, 454 views)
File Type: jpg bim.jpg (163.0 KB, 420 views)

Last edited by El Gato Liso; 03-30-2008 at 08:55 PM.
El Gato Liso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:01 PM   #13
Arash
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gato Liso View Post
one mistake ill make sure that never happens is just because there are no cars coming the proper way, doesnt mean you have an idiot driving fast in the wrong lane opposite of the direction of travel intended.
I don't see how you made a mistake here, its 1001% his fault for driving in the opposite lanes.

Sounds like he's going to try to **** you over though, I learned this the hard way. Next time, in order to avoid all future headache, you should:

1. Get info of as many witnesses as you can on the scene.

2. Try to take as many pictures as you can before leaving the scene, if you have no means of taking pictures, make sure the other driver accepts fault in writing before you move the cars, if the other driver does not want to do this, you're dealing with a shady person who's 100% going to try to **** you over later on, in this case, you should call the police, its a PITA to get the cops to come to the scene, they usually won't come unless there's serious injury. One trick that has worked for me is to say the other driver does not appear to have valid insurance with them or appear to be drunk, they will show up in no time if you say this. It is much less headache if you get a collision report on the scene than to try to explain to 2342million people later on what happened in the accident and get judged based on your age/race rather than the details.

g/l with everything. pm if you need any help.
Arash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:17 PM   #14
5JABIJ8
5th Gear Member

Man..that messed up. I can see from your sketch that your not at fault. But insurance will claim that your at fault because you were making the left turn the Camry was going straight as far insurance is concerned. This is going to break down to your word against his and vice versa. I really hope it works out in your favour thou.

The only reason I say that is because moslty people making the left turn are found to be at fault especially at a intersection. Regardless of light color. person going straight has the right of way.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:53 AM   #15
AceOfSpades
♠ ♠ ♠

Man that sucks. i hope the insurance company goes in your favour. there is absolutely no way on earth that you would have been able to see that ****in sob coming.
plus doesn't the solid line means that you cannot go into the other lane?..then what the **** was he doing there?
AceOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: